The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2014, 04:37:36 am
-
Could Be (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-perry-journey-reunion/)
OMG, I'm so excited!!! or fuck*ng money grab, how could it not suck?
I'll say up front that I have a soft spot for Journey, but this, if it happens will probably be okay at best. I'm not gonna get too excited. Now if they also reunited with Greg Rollie and Ansley Dunbar (or Steve Smith) I would get really excited.
The first time I ever heard or had even heard of Journey they performedWheels in the Sky on Midnight Special (http://youtu.be/mIrtezKZ8IM). I bought the album maybe a week later.
-
I'd go see that if they were musically competent.
Well that's the $64 question. Neil Schon and the rest have been out there actively touring for years. They never really stopped. They never even stopped making albums. So I'm sure they have got their chops. But one of the rumors that I've always heard is that Steve Perry quit because he lost his voice. Did he somehow get it back? Plus, he's just getting over cancer and all of that horror.
-
On Behind the Music, Perry said something about how he never felt like he was really part of the band (to which Schon was like "What?!? He said that? Not part of the band?" and then shook his head). So I think the split and Perry's not wanting to come back were more about personal issues.
-
i never stopped believin'.
-
This just in Steve Perry says it ain't gonna happen (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-perry-journey-rumors/).
-
Journey without Steve Perry isn't Journey.
-
They made 3 albums before he joined the band. What were they then?
-
quick jaunt
-
Small time?