The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: theinevitable on February 06, 2014, 06:50:59 am

Title: Mother Bear
Post by: theinevitable on February 06, 2014, 06:50:59 am
I don't know what joke to make here or how to make this clever. JL, you are one of the characters on this board that is most distinct to me. But where the others I think of as some caricature (camera mustache guy, pug lady, worried young guy in st louis) I can only think of you as JL. Sane, reasonable, kindhearted. I hope your birthday is wonderful. You were one of the founders of this board, and I think you were absent for the few years when I first posted, but I can't imagine this board without you.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: Doc on February 06, 2014, 06:55:14 am
D'awwww

You are a lady who is obviously living the most excellent life she knows how as hard as she can. Another year!
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: Choop on February 06, 2014, 01:55:53 pm
happy birthday lady! cheers for leading us to this ridiculous paradise free from onstad's tyranny amongst the sea of nonbelievers at dumbrella

YOU MY INTERNET MOSES GIRL
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2014, 03:50:02 pm
Thank you, folks. Today is my day of minimally tidying up my house so that all my best friends can come over and play board games just like any other Thursday, except tonight there will be ice cream cake! Also, once the tidying up is done, I am going to play with my present from Pedro, which is a 2,064 piece Lego set (the haunted house I have been drooling over for a couple of years now).

This weekend we are going to a cabin in the mountains with my BFF and her boyfriend, that is the real celebration. I expect large amounts of alcohol to be involved, I will try not to spam the board too much while intoxicated.

Edited to protect the innocent.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: side_show on February 06, 2014, 04:52:03 pm
Happy Birthday JL!  I don't have much chance to post here as often as I'd like, but I think of you often. The hat you made me ran away from home, went on an adventure and then magically came back to me. It now hangs on a hook at the front door and gets worn often.  Thanks for bringing your heart to this odd medium.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: wombat on February 06, 2014, 04:54:51 pm
Happy birthday to one character here that I am pretty sure I could not have made up.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2014, 05:19:40 pm
Happy birthday to one character here that I am pretty sure I could not have made up.

That is the best compliment ever.

Also, Pedro called me ten minutes ago and told me he had his 90-day review at work. They gave him a 10% raise. Yaaaay! It's a birthday miracle!
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
Happy birthday sweet lady. Hope it's not creepy to say, but I love you, I love your whole family. This board is my Shangri-La and no small amount of credit for that belongs to you. Having met you, albeit briefly, and stayed in your home I know you to be as genuine and real as you present yourself here.

Have great shenanigans in the mountains this weekend. Take lots of photos and I hope they are all too hot for Facebook. Is your BFF the big titty girly you introduced me to?

Speaking of pictures, do you remember braiding my hair (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/12348271735/). I posted that in honor of your birthday. Your daughter took this shot.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2014, 07:24:02 pm
Awww, yes of course I remember. I also remember how Chaos Girl immediately fell in love with you. She still talks about the dragon car.

Yes, my BFF is the big titty girl. Her boyfriend is also a good friend of mine, it is going to be amazeballs.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: miles on February 07, 2014, 12:22:22 am
Happy birthday. Hooray for titties!
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: jaydub on February 07, 2014, 12:30:24 am
Happy Birthday, JL.  The board felt emptier during your hiatus.  I'm glad you came back (yes, I know it was...5 years ago?)
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: AugustWest on February 07, 2014, 03:22:22 am
Happy birthday.  I really mean it. Hope it's been great. 

Didn't you call us all on our birthday once?  That was fun.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: jay-ell on February 07, 2014, 06:12:57 am
I do not have time to post a pic right now, but the birthday cake Pedro got me said, "Happy Birthday Den Mother."

Nobody sat on it, though.
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: pmcd9 on February 07, 2014, 06:57:39 am
You're teasin' us woman!
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: jay-ell on February 07, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Would I lie?

(http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/jldunston/IMG_0002.jpg) (http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/jldunston/media/IMG_0002.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Mother Bear
Post by: dejavroom on February 13, 2014, 11:03:13 am
Happy b-day, Jay-ell!