The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2014, 01:24:22 am

Title: Ghost Busted
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2014, 01:24:22 am
Harold Ramis is dead. I guess I never put him on too high of a pedestal because I wasn't much of a Ghostbuster's fan, but reading his wiki it seems he either wrote or directed (or both) some of my all time favorite comedies such as Caddyshack, Animal House, Groundhog Day and Back to School. Then again he also had a hand in shit like Club Paradise and Stewart Saves his Family. I think I'll add Caddyshack and Animal House to my Netflix queue in his honor.

Title: Re: Ghost Busted
Post by: theinevitable on February 25, 2014, 03:02:14 am
Ramis was an alumnus of my alma mater. He supposedly based the antics in Animal House off of happenings at WashU-- especially the part where they harass the ROTC.

I like very many of his movies.
Title: Re: Ghost Busted
Post by: AugustWest on February 25, 2014, 03:27:45 am
Ramis was an alumnus of my alma mater. He supposedly based the antics in Animal House off of happenings at WashU-- especially the part where they harass the ROTC.

I like very many of his movies.

Beat me too it.  He was a ZBT, IIRC.  Yeah, it was astounding how many great comedies he was involved with.  And he seemed like a likable fellow.
Title: Re: Ghost Busted
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2014, 04:10:26 am
I saw Animal House in the theaters when it was first released. I was 16. It may have been the first R rated movie I ever saw. I am now wondering, is the policing still shoddy at the theater on kids going in to see R rated movies. I was also 16 the first time I bought beer. I know that's hardly possible these days, but I don't know about the movie house. I'm pretty sure I even bought tickets to see Animal House and they just sold it to me, which is ludicrous because I didn't look like I was 18 even when I was 18 so I know I didn't when I was 16. Anyway, Animal House is an incredibly awesome movie that has shaped my life.
Title: Re: Ghost Busted
Post by: theinevitable on February 25, 2014, 04:44:16 am
I had mixed luck seeing R rated movies underage. When I was at WashU everyone knew this one Chinese restaurant would serve alcohol to minors. I only went once. As soon as we walked in the door they asked "how many rum cup?" and started making these giant giraffebowl-style rum mixed drinks.