The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: sjlimmer on January 21, 2004, 07:23:24 pm

Title: ...but a number
Post by: sjlimmer on January 21, 2004, 07:23:24 pm
The age poll, part the second.  The groupings are somewhat arbitrary, although they may reveal something about my expectations.  Or not.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: AugustWest on January 21, 2004, 07:36:41 pm
There're more of us old fucks than I thought.  Break out the Metamucil!
Title: ...but a number
Post by: jough on January 21, 2004, 07:39:38 pm
I didn't know "26-35" was a target market, but okay.  I'll be grouped with folks in their mid-20s. ;)
Title: ...but a number
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 21, 2004, 08:04:46 pm
Holy crap we're old.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: wombat on January 21, 2004, 08:42:24 pm
Well, hang on.  Maybe all the young'uns on the West Coast just aren't out of bed to post yet.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: V-Adore on January 21, 2004, 09:00:27 pm
Technically, I'm none of the above, but I answered assuming, y'know, that "under 20" meant "20 and under."
Title: ...but a number
Post by: sjlimmer on January 21, 2004, 09:26:46 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Technically, I'm none of the above, but I answered assuming, y'know, that "under 20" meant "20 and under."


Cut me some slack...I'm sick.

EDIT: And apparently that makes me bitchy.  Apologies.

Quote from: "jough"
I didn't know "26-35" was a target market, but okay


Well, like I said, the groupings were arbitrary, but frankly I expected more young 20-somethings, so I broke it up that way.  Looks like I am, in fact, out of touch.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: jough on January 21, 2004, 10:08:30 pm
Edited to say "20 and Under".
Title: ...but a number
Post by: misterhaan on January 21, 2004, 10:17:18 pm
hmm, should have voted on this half of the poll first!

i guess a lot of people are immature on the internet, or i just haven't been paying attention very well.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: wombat on January 21, 2004, 10:32:53 pm
Because I have nothing better to do on my day off, here are the similar polls that were on the Wigu messageboard. I think you have to be registered there to see the results.  The short answer about the comparison:  Old Codgers Prefer Achewood.

http://www.dumbrella.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001414

http://www.dumbrella.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001429
Title: ...but a number
Post by: slink on January 21, 2004, 10:36:14 pm
Yes, I guess I should add my mom to the list, if we're counting Achewood readers, and not just Achewood Forum readers. She'd tip the demographic slightly, and is currently the oldest person I know who reads it.
Unless Onstad's gran did keep reading.
Not that I know her.
That would be odd.

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!
Title: ...but a number
Post by: V-Adore on January 21, 2004, 10:57:43 pm
Quote from: "slink"

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!

Don't get uppity, Number Six. That's the last thing we need right now.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: CortJstr on January 21, 2004, 11:11:05 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "slink"

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!

Don't get uppity, Number Six. That's the last thing we need right now.


He's number 5 (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/memberlist.php).

And I though the main target demo for advertisers was men 18–35 so the poll isn't that far off.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: wombat on January 21, 2004, 11:27:53 pm
Who is Number Two?

jldunston is.  We should have known all along.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: V-Adore on January 21, 2004, 11:29:09 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "slink"

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!

Don't get uppity, Number Six. That's the last thing we need right now.


He's number 5 (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/memberlist.php).

Well, yes, but Nabubrush isn't around, so I have to glare at somebody and demand espionage secrets, right?

Just a second, I'm gonna go get my mind-rape machines. Be back short-like.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: slink on January 21, 2004, 11:49:09 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

But slink is, in one form at least, #2 indeed.


Glare at my tasteless beard and lack of ability to act, as well as the power I behold to frustrate and annoy.

But, no, what I'd give to be number 6. So close, yet so so far.

Bubbles?!?
Title: ...but a number
Post by: St_Zartan on January 22, 2004, 12:20:39 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Just a second, I'm gonna go get my mind-rape machines. Be back short-like.


Yeah, that was the best garage sale ever.
Title: ...but a number
Post by: misterhaan on January 22, 2004, 03:30:35 pm
all this talk of number 2 reminded me of a beavis & butthead where butthead dreamed he was capt. picard and said to beavis "number 1, i order you to go take a number 2!"