The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on March 21, 2014, 08:59:56 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03212014 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03212014)
A momentary diversion on the road to more Teodor/Penny strips? Or a return to regular Achewood?
-
I would have gone with "you can smell Ann Coulter".
This is the most specific and esoteric Fuck You Friday ever. Fuck you.
-
I would have gone with "It can't be said in anger", but. A lot of nice Concepts in this one.
-
I want to staple this to the forehead of the guy on the other side of my cube wall who eats at his desk 3-4 times a day. Yeah, you're diabetic so you have to eat like that but go to the goddamn break room you loud-eating, drink-slurping, tuna-having piece of shit motherfucker.
-
What does Ornstrant know about office smells? Has he been moonlighting in a cube farm somewhere to pay the bills while developing his cartoon cat/artisanal soda empire?
-
Having a considerable number of Vietnamese colleagues, our break room can be unapproachable when someone fires up the microwave with a dish with giraffe sauce.
-
I love the cuisine from both of those regions so I doubt this would be a problem for me smell wise. But CJ hit upon one of my worst pet peeves, people who make noise when they eat. It used to be uncouth to be slurping and smacking when you ate. Now it seems like everyone is a gross hog, not just the foreigners.
-
I blame Carl's Jr.
-
What does Ornstrant know about office smells? Has he been moonlighting in a cube farm somewhere to pay the bills while developing his cartoon cat/artisanal soda empire?
I am beginning to think that he has been and is.
-
It used to be uncouth to be slurping and smacking when you ate. Now it seems like everyone is a gross hog, not just the foreigners.
Well, in all fairness, etiquette can be slippery. In certain cultures, particularly in Asia, slurping ranges from acceptable to expected -- the same being true for burping, smacking lips etc.
This reminds me: if you like this topic, check Tampopo - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092048/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092048/)
It's a japanese love letter to food, cooking & eating. There's all sorts of stories interwoven in a bigger story, and lots of food. It's pretty cool and always leaves me with the cravings, which is also nice.
-
ッ
-
Well, in all fairness, etiquette can be slippery. In certain cultures, particularly in Asia, slurping ranges from acceptable to expected -- the same being true for burping, smacking lips etc.
I understand that, but it's not in America, or it didn't used to be. Plenty of Americans have become gross eaters and they need to stop that shit. I don't like it when anyone does it, but I give a pass if it's part of your culture or whatever.
-
Now we have to hunt you down and record your eating noises so we can determine if this is something you are qualified to be annoyed about. Your Doritos technique better sound like a dang cat's footsteps on afternoon grass.
-
Now we have to hunt you down and record your eating noises so we can determine if this is something you are qualified to be annoyed about. Your Doritos technique better sound like a dang cat's footsteps on afternoon grass.
I'll be happy to oblige you. In the meantime, here, watch me make popcorn (http://youtu.be/KcQnaQY1fkY).
-
thanks for the shoutout!
-
Hey, there's not been a strip this week. Did anybody notice? Just checked the site, there's not even a promise of a strip.
-
Have to confess I didn't even think about it.
-
Me either, until whenever I posted that comment.
-
Chris is printing it on the back of soda labels.
-
Yeah, that little message about the pay-when-you-can-I-don't-care ebook store seems a little sassier with each passing stripless week.
-
Hope to have new strip up after the weekend. Follow @achewood for immediate updates, more.
-
Preview panels from the upcoming strip.
https://twitter.com/achewood/status/453050656614404096/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/achewood/status/453050656614404096/photo/1)
-
whoaa an appearance by Ramses is just what this dubious Monday needed
-
GODDAMMIT MOTHER I AM DOING MY HOMEWORK!
SEE!
Exactly what I was thinking.