The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 24, 2014, 04:01:55 pm
-
GWAR Frontman and founding member Dave Brockie aka Oderus Urungus was Found dead (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gwar-frontman-dave-brockie-a-k-a-oderus-urungus-reportedly-dead-at-50/) in his home.
I'm a latecomer to GWAR. I'd always thought they were kinda silly, but in the last little bit I've slowly started to come around to their style of humor. Lots of my friends are fans and they've posted videos from the shows they went to. That got me to reconsider them. I think more than anything else it was this interview (http://youtu.be/8giyln7F_Uk) that won me over as a fan.
-
I hope Oderus is spewing gross yellow stuff from an enormous phallic sword all over Fred Phelps.
-
I came here expecting a thread about me! I was all "WTH? It's not my birthday..." Inflated and deflated in seconds.
GWAR. I hadn't thought about GWAR in years. There was a cute little image going around FB of Bevis and Butthead holding each other and crying upon announcement if this guys death that seemed kind if just right to me.
-
Sorry Smells, but ever since your comic became all about a baby I stopped reading it. Ha ha ha...
J/K
-
I came here expecting a thread about me! I was all "WTH? It's not my birthday..." Inflated and deflated in seconds.
I figured it was about you, too. It was doubly disappointing to find out that a) it wasn't; and b) that a figure from the 80's had shuffled off this mortal coil.
-
Just for you Smells, Here's a Video (http://youtu.be/N1iuICpOCH8) of Randy Bachman saying nice things about Winnipeg. I think it's appropriate to post this here. I think I read somewhere that BTO was GWAR's favorite band.
-
Pretty perfect: GWAR's ODERUS URUNGUS Set Ablaze In Viking Funeral Pyre As Part Of Special Memorial Event (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gwars-oderus-urungus-set-ablaze-in-viking-funeral-pyre-as-part-of-special-memorial-event/)
"...the cuttlegiraffe pointing proudly straight up."
-
That was totally fuck*ng awesome!
-
Totally on a par with Hunter S. Thompson's sendoff being fired from mortars, against the backdrop of the Gonzo monument
(http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2005/08/21/na_bw_THOMPSON_MEMORIAL_t440.jpg)