The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 22, 2014, 06:45:41 pm

Title: Facebook Likes
Post by: pmcd9 on September 22, 2014, 06:45:41 pm
What is your protocol when someone posts something you like on Facebook and you click the like button, then you see the same thing posted by someone else. Do you like it a second time? Third? 50th?
Title: Re: Facebook Likes
Post by: wombat on September 22, 2014, 07:22:16 pm
Depends on what you're using "likes" for.

If you're using Newsfeed, the algorithm decides to show you stuff partly based on what you're "engaged" with, like clicking "like." So if you Like someone's stuff, you'll see their posts more often. If you want to see all three or fifty of those people's stuff more, you probably want to click on all of them, I guess.

But there are other reasons to click Like, like just to say Bravo! to the person who posted it. And there's the one where you click on something you don't really like all the much, because someone went to the trouble of posting it for you and you don't want to hurt their feelings.
Title: Re: Facebook Likes
Post by: pmcd9 on September 22, 2014, 07:52:51 pm
In this case I'm talking about the innane crap that gets passed around on Facebook. Typically there are a few that pass through everyday that several of my friends will like. As a general rule I don't like any of that stuff, but on occasion I do, but do I or should I keep liking it over and over? Do you do that? Does anybody? What is the normal rule of thumb here?