The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 29, 2014, 11:17:14 pm
-
Dragonfire is currently deceased, but there are plans for it's resurrection. I've started a GoFundMe page to raise money to pay for repairs. Thank you to Ash and Wombat for your contributions. What I would love is if you big brains of the literary bent would critique my paragraphs and offer suggestions on how I might improve them. And if there is anyone here who knows a thing or two about how to persuade people to open their purse strings if you could suggest language that might facilitate that, that would be appreciated as well.
Here (http://www.gofundme.com/f4edf8) is a link to the page. Thanks!
-
Actually I thought that was a great story and really well written. The only comment I have is that you can't seem to settle on the gender of your car
A wrecker brought her the last 50 miles and now he sits lifeless in my driveway awaiting his fate.
-
Yeah, I really can't decide on his/her gender. I think it's a he because in many ways it's an extension of me and my personality. It seems weird to me to think of my flame throwing, stripper poling drenched in testosterone artcar as a she. On the other hand inanimate objects are typically considered female. So I just don't know.
-
If it's good it's female, if it's bad it's male.
-
Well, there's always "it." But giving it a gender and personifying it probably works better for telling a story like this. But you should pick one and go with it, otherwise it looks like a typo.
-
She's just very butch.