The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Asherdan on November 20, 2014, 11:04:08 pm

Title: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: Asherdan on November 20, 2014, 11:04:08 pm
'(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 21, 2014, 02:56:05 pm
My office doesn't do too much of that. There will be one holiday potluck next month. For a one-shot deal I just write it off as "too much food" for one day. It happens.

When I worked at a government agency, around the holidays seemingly every day someone brought in cookies or other treats and put them in the office kitchen. When I went to the private sector, the first time I brought in cookies in December, people were like "What are these for?"
Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2014, 05:25:28 pm
I wish I had an office party. Maybe I'll buy me and the pugs some bagels.
Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: pmcd9 on November 23, 2014, 07:45:37 am
I want to a Thanksgiving party today and it was awesome. It was my skater friends and I had a great time. I ate too much, but confined myself to one plate. I kinda got lucky because a friend, who has a super interesting job running a video production company was telling me all about his work. I didn't want to seem uninterested by just diving into the huge plate of vittles so I just picked at it while he was talking to me. Also I had lots of questions so I didn't want to have my mouth full. When he finally was finished, but by that time my stomach had already relayed the signal to my brain and so I was super full by the time I finished the plate. There was so much dessert, but I was only able to eat a little bit of it. I shamefully threw away an almost full plate of delicious delicacies that my eyes told me I wanted, but the stomach said hell no. Later I had frozen yogurt.

These are my street skater friends who bar hop a couple of times a week on skates so they are all super fit, good looking people. i don't know why they are friends with me. :)

Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: jaydub on December 01, 2014, 06:06:39 pm
Because you are a dude of quality?
Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2014, 12:46:11 am
Pictures. My guess is bitchin' pictures.

(https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8623/15246090993_047fb435cc_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: jaydub on December 03, 2014, 05:47:44 pm
Those are indeed attractive people.
Title: Re: Holiday Luncheons
Post by: wombat on December 03, 2014, 08:12:16 pm
The eggs don't look half bad either.