The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on December 31, 2014, 07:07:29 am

Title: Hobbit Trilogy
Post by: pmcd9 on December 31, 2014, 07:07:29 am
Now that the third installment of the Hobbit trilogy has been released do you think maybe there is someone out there that can edit it down to a single film? There's at least 5 or 6 hours of extraneous fluff that could be trimmed. I feel like there is a good movie hiding in there somewhere.
Title: Re: Hobbit Trilogy
Post by: jaydub on January 06, 2015, 01:31:10 am
I think editing projects like that are a thing.  I lack the motivation to query the Googles at the moment, but I recall hearing about edits of the Star Wars prequels that actually made it a story worth hearing.  Or watching, anyway.
Title: Re: Hobbit Trilogy
Post by: pmcd9 on January 06, 2015, 02:22:59 pm
Yeah, I've  heard about that too with the prequels. As for the Hobbit, I'm afraid though that I'm not gonna like the edit unless the editor is a big fan of the books. Most of the fluff is shit that isn't in the books. I saw a preview of a Lego Hobbit thing. Not sure if it was a movie or a video game, but the stuff they showed was straight out of the book. Maybe that is the solution I am seeking.
Title: Re: Hobbit Trilogy
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2015, 06:05:52 pm
almost as bitchin' as the other month when he finally linked me yelling 'Hey Lady!' to Jerry Lewis.

Glavin.