The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on January 22, 2004, 01:56:00 pm
-
I'm really digging this little plotline.
I'm actually ok with the Roomba lineup only lasting a couple of strips, to have this, which I would be fine with lasting only two strips. It doesn't need to continue, though, that is not to say I will object if it does!
-
Wow. That was a fast turnaround on that character.
-
I thought he was a bass *worthy* of our attention? That bass needs to be fileted, covered in egg and flour, and deep fried in canola oil, served with a dressing of mayonaise and dill.
With a side of asparagus.
-
He must be one of those dastardly Canadian bass. If KitH have taught us nothing else it's that they're a sneaky lot.
-
I feel sorry for Beef. He really does have a tendency to attract the self-absorbed, the "complainers," the people who use him in a quasi-codependent manner...
And then he doesn't get rid of them. I have a feeling Barry's not going anywhere, because the one thing Beef is entirely unable to do is ditch a "friend," however complain-y that friend may be.
-
I feel sorry for Beef. He really does have a tendency to attract the self-absorbed, the "complainers," the people who use him in a quasi-codependent manner...
Yet another reason why I identify with him so much!
Bleahrg.
Although to say that I have escaped this sydrome somewhat of late, which is nice.
-
And then he doesn't get rid of them. I have a feeling Barry's not going anywhere, because the one thing Beef is entirely unable to do is ditch a "friend," however complain-y that friend may be.
But what happens if Ray does it for him? Would Beef resent him, or be thankful (while also being secretly guilty)?
-
That Ray and Beef are still friends is a testament to Beef's infinite patience.
-
And then he doesn't get rid of them. I have a feeling Barry's not going anywhere, because the one thing Beef is entirely unable to do is ditch a "friend," however complain-y that friend may be.
But what happens if Ray does it for him? Would Beef resent him, or be thankful (while also being secretly guilty)?
I suspect the latter. Besides, I'm not sure if Beef is truly capable of resenting Ray anymore; even though he's got so much fertile ground for resentment, I'm sure he's internalized it so much at this point that he no longer consciously experiences the emotions of resentment.
(EDIT: I suspect someone will find a strip to quote that will prove me wrong.)
-
If Ray started listening to the Cure I think that would finally ruin their relationship.
-
(EDIT: I suspect someone will find a strip to quote that will prove me wrong.)
Again, just makes me think of the unused ending to the Cheers strip in which Beef turns to Ray and just says "Fuck you, Ray".
Though it would be minus comma, it being Beef.
-
Yeah, I, too, feel bad for Beef (I tend to be the nice sort who never abandons anyone which can be quite an issue sometimes...), but still wouldn't want Barry to be eaten ...meh.
-
There's an unused ending to the cheers strip?
-
There's an unused ending to the cheers strip?
It's in the bonus section of Book 2.