The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 22, 2015, 02:00:15 am

Title: I am ART!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 22, 2015, 02:00:15 am
So anyway, this is happening.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10933147_822643467796818_294836406_n.jpg?oh=d97e8850d77f23bf29c79b7bd68fe2bd&oe=54C2492C&__gda__=1422025203_388493a4a798cfb11884d7f70887d750)
Title: Re: I am ART!
Post by: jaydub on January 23, 2015, 12:59:40 am
Papier MâcRaé?
Title: Re: I am ART!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 23, 2015, 01:23:29 am
Papier MâcRaé?

Ha, I like that, but no. It's latex.

It was originally carved out of clay. then she makes a mold out of plaster, then pours latex in the mold. After all of that she air brushes and paints the piece. It's destined for her artcar. I am one of six heads that will be fastened to the car in various ways. I think we will be emerging from from a wild winged one eyed creature that has presumably consumed us in some way. I was of course a particularly tasty treat. She's begun work on the car, but hasn't attached the faces yet.

Title: Re: I am ART!
Post by: wombat on January 23, 2015, 02:17:51 am
That is terrifying.
Title: Re: I am ART!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 23, 2015, 04:56:01 am
Here's the original clay carving.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10904295_809157359145429_862900499_n.jpg?oh=58396e9f49211b07c07580cefb455665&oe=54C3ED02&__gda__=1422120733_eb3e83e7201b3d89d7208d95ace3c7c1)

Here's an artist rendering of the car.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t35.0-12/10909529_817182418342923_2124844174_o.jpg?oh=c7c7c0dd69202813d2d71dd459ac9f3a&oe=54C4101C&__gda__=1422116348_e29f495ca20be1530a32bbb5bc7cfe30)

Here's last year's version of the car.
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5586/13956169148_002885eae2_b.jpg)

And here's the artist.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10723401_766002683460897_1548770364_n.jpg?oh=4ec3de4c9c40e69fbd3e17129e60ffed&oe=54C3DF7E&__gda__=1422110958_c5b1d0462e9e8fff9cee6ff8135ca560)
Title: Re: I am ART!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 27, 2015, 06:36:14 pm
That is terrifying.
I guess terrifying means Awesome where you're from. Paul is already a meme, now he's a piece of art.
Title: Re: I am ART!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2015, 11:23:39 pm
I guess terrifying means Awesome where you're from. Paul is already a meme, now he's a piece of art.

Hear Hear!