The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: theinevitable on February 27, 2015, 06:29:31 pm

Title: Spock.
Post by: theinevitable on February 27, 2015, 06:29:31 pm
The cosmic ballet goes on. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmoW-gNjjXA)

When I was a kid and we played Star Trek, I was always Spock.
Title: Re: Spock.
Post by: pmcd9 on February 27, 2015, 08:19:10 pm
Spock is awesome! Leonard Nimoy is/was awesome! Y'all remember the show he did in the 70s In Search Of... That was a really cool show. I wonder if it's available on Netflix?

Ash, you may prefer Spock to T, but they are a package deal.
Title: Re: Spock.
Post by: wombat on February 27, 2015, 11:21:36 pm
I usually don't get it when people make a big deal of celebrity deaths. This is different.
Title: Re: Spock.
Post by: pmcd9 on March 02, 2015, 02:35:47 am
This is different.

Well Yeah! We're talking about mutha fuckin' Spock here!
Title: Re: Spock.
Post by: jaydub on March 16, 2015, 06:01:31 pm
As Nimoy got older - it was apparent to me that it would be his lungs that got him in the end.  The sound of his voice in Star Trek III, whispering his devotion to his friend...foreshadowing.  Its always given me chills in that respect.
I did love hearing him utter quotes throughout the technology tree in Civilization IV, particularly the quote attributed to Oppenheimer from the Baghavad Gita upon witnessing the first detonation of an atomic weapon.