The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jay-ell on January 22, 2004, 05:23:08 pm

Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: jay-ell on January 22, 2004, 05:23:08 pm
(http://mywebpage.netscape.com/jldunston/stripping.jpg)
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: jough on January 22, 2004, 05:57:03 pm
OMG THAT IS SO HOT
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: CortJstr on January 22, 2004, 06:47:34 pm
Come on, this is the only message board I've ever been on that didn't eventually lead to members posting nude pictures of themselves.

Maybe we just haven't hit critical mass yet.
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: jay-ell on January 22, 2004, 06:48:33 pm
Just wait 'til I've lost 30 pounds...

No, no, just kidding.  I think nude photos of me might ruin the internet for everyone.
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: CortJstr on January 22, 2004, 06:50:53 pm
<tanya>Shake it baby!</tanya>
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: V-Adore on January 22, 2004, 06:55:01 pm
Oh, lord, stripping finish from wood. This is perhaps the Great Satan of woodworking, with initial application of finish only secondary; I'd far rather be given a table saw and a board and ordered to build a full dining-room set than undertake yet another "we're just going to strip the old finish off the footstools and put on a new coat" job. Sweet Jesus.

... er, back on topic: I fundamentally cannot argue with naked photos. This is all.
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: slink on January 22, 2004, 07:10:43 pm
OK then, naked pictures of a 130lb. 6 and a half foot purple haired freak coming up!

*sidles away from the screaming crowds*

That was more than you all needed to think about, eh? Then my job here is done.
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: jay-ell on January 22, 2004, 07:26:11 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Oh, lord, stripping finish from wood. This is perhaps the Great Satan of woodworking, with initial application of finish only secondary; I'd far rather be given a table saw and a board and ordered to build a full dining-room set than undertake yet another "we're just going to strip the old finish off the footstools and put on a new coat" job. Sweet Jesus.


In the event any of you ever have to do this again, I highly recommend Ready Strip (http://www.ibacktonature.com/Pages/readystrip-PD.html).  My mom, ever the QVC shopper, bought me a half gallon, and it's great stuff.  It doesn't make furniture stripping easy -- nothing could, I don't believe -- but it certainly makes it less horrifying.  Plus, it smells like bananas!  

Unfortunately, we ran out of Ready Strip before we got to the shelves, so we had to run out and buy some of that Orange Oil indoor stripper.  Now my laundry room smells like a Smoothie.
Title: Picture of me, stripping.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 22, 2004, 08:04:48 pm
Where's the pole?