The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: wombat on July 13, 2015, 05:24:53 pm
-
https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1004028256294594/?type=1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1004028256294594/?type=1&theater)
Could Achewood be next?
-
I guess it's just as well no one else cared about this, because so far I am pretty disappointed.
-
You have to respect people who know when to stop even when there is a lot of money to be found in continuing.
That being said, a friend of mine suggested maybe the problem was just too many Donald Trump jokes, so there's another reason to hope he quits the race soon.
-
Bloom County was part of the Big Wheel for me in the late '80's...Calvin & Hobbes, Far Side, Bloom County were some kinda weird and perfect trifecta.
Yeah, me too. Bloom County was a distant 3rd. of course, but yeah, it was way better than anything else in the daily paper at that time. Way better by a country mile.
-
I've had a Bloom County poster from a NYC book fair on my office wall for... possibly decades. It once meant a lot to me.
-
I have never read Bloom County.
-
Ugh, youth.
Well if you decide you want to, don't start with the new ones.
-
That being said, a friend of mine suggested maybe the problem was just too many Donald Trump jokes, so there's another reason to hope he quits the race soon.
Yeah, this, for me.
-
I on the other hand, think Breathed couldn't resist getting back in with such a rich vein of irony and self-delusion to mine. Hopefully once The Donald has returned beneath the waves to R'lyeh for another 4 years, Bloom County will find a new muse in popular culture.