The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on November 25, 2015, 12:50:48 pm
-
new blog post
http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2015/11/yesterday-tuesday.html (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2015/11/yesterday-tuesday.html)
-
It gave me a chuckle to notice years later that his blog is called Grep. I think that that word is hilarious. The combination of the humility of calling your blog the name of a mundane unix text search function, and the nerd cred, so perfectly roast beef.
Global Regular Expression Print. Regular expressions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression) are cool as hell.
The part about walking down the sidewalk imagining everyone is gonna sass you made me think of my old roommate's recent comic about living in the Midwest, where people are too nice. (http://blastmastr.tumblr.com/image/131702465745) Someday soon I will share some more of his stuff, it is great.
-
Thanks for the education on the etymology of grep. Something I had wondered about on occasion, but never enough to actually look it up on account of geysers of unix-speak that make me feel inadequate.