The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: wombat on December 31, 2015, 01:50:33 pm

Title: Average New Year!
Post by: wombat on December 31, 2015, 01:50:33 pm
Fuck 2015 and the hoss it rode in on. Here's to hoping the new year is average, if not a teeny tiny bit above.
Title: Re: Average New Year!
Post by: theinevitable on December 31, 2015, 06:33:17 pm
Yup. Not the worst year, but good riddance. I've been in St Louis this week with close friends, and it is rejuvenating me.

I am pretty sure it is not just that I am here with friends. There is a coziness in St Louis that NJ just doesn't have, at least in the area where I live. Every meal I've eaten here has been excellent, every bar has had a table to sit at and good beer, and I feel a little bit like one of my best friends is making eyes at me.
Title: Re: Average New Year!
Post by: miles on January 01, 2016, 03:44:21 pm
Every meal I've eaten here has been excellent, every bar has had a table to sit at and good beer, and I feel a little bit like one of my best friends is making eyes at me.

Shit, you don't need much more than that.
Title: Re: Average New Year!
Post by: theinevitable on January 02, 2016, 12:51:41 am
Yes, with low salary and a car you can have a life of many creature comforts in St Louis.
Title: Re: Average New Year!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 02, 2016, 01:28:15 pm
Hmmmm. Using Ash's categories...

Family life: started out well, ended on a shitty note, worrying that my oldest is going to end up homeless someday because that's what happens to people who refuse to do any work whatsoever.
Health: not terrible, could be better.
Career: Could be worse, I guess?
Personal achievements/goals: better stuff here. Enjoying the music thing. Working in some travel and other fun stuff.

2015 wasn't a great year, but it wasn't the worst one either. Survive and advance.