The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AKKOLADE on January 08, 2016, 11:25:49 am
-
So...is Achewood alive? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01082016)
-
But don't cats normally have harelips?
-
Let's hear it for those unsung heroes who are willing to take one for the team and throw the weak into traffic.
I'm sure I can thank them on behalf of all of us middle-mensch.
-
"Just anybody who knows me well enough."
Dang Beef. That's some poor self-image right there. Dang.
-
I'm still having trouble grasping the fact that the strip is back in action. I'm just so... grateful.
-
I do not have these feelings on a sidewalk, but I sure as hell have them on train platforms.
-
Right; one person with impulse control problems could cause all kinds of havoc when a train comes in.
-
Right; one person with impulse control problems could cause all kinds of havoc when a train comes in.
About 10 years ago I went to university for the first time as a mature student (30-31 years old at the time). Obviously I was in classes with all the first years who were 18 or thereabouts. One lecture took place in an ancient old building with a narrow pair of doors as the exit which naturally everyone tried to squeeze through all at the same time when the lecture finished.
One day I was fairly near the front of the queue of people leaving the building, just behind the pair of people who made up the first of the long two-abreast phalanx trying to get outside. One kid who was in the first two people stopped dead in his tracks the exact moment he crossed the threshold and apparently thought he'd have a wee think about where the hell he was now going to. I stopped, waited approximately 4 or 5 beats, hissed 'Fuck's Sake!' and pushed him as hard as I could right in his stupid fuck*ng massive rucksack, causing him to waddle unsteadily a few feet forward.
Doddlers beware.
-
Am I permitted to be cautiously optimistic yet?
-
I dunno. I really felt the impulse to smack down Paul for saying "the strip is back in action." Too soon!
-
I dunno. I really felt the impulse to smack down Paul for saying "the strip is back in action." Too soon!
Technically speaking, the strip is definitely back in action. 3 strips in as many weeks, blog postings, new artwork and merchandise for sale. Onstad has been active on the Facebook groups. However, this action does not translate into hope that there will be more. He could just as suddenly as he's reappeared disappear again for 2-3 years.
-
It could already be "was back in action." I'm trying to have low expectations. It seems safest.
-
I'm trying to have low expectations. It seems safest.
Oh, but I am a creature of passion. It is difficult to meter my hopes for the things with which I have fallen in love. It's just that this particular marriage has been stagnant for so long that I feel more of an urge to cannonball into the deep end rather than dip a cautious toe.
But, as the the site news just reminded me, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.
-
The secret to good self-esteem is to lower your expectations to the point where they're already met.