The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AKKOLADE on March 11, 2016, 11:13:46 am

Title: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: AKKOLADE on March 11, 2016, 11:13:46 am
Not gonna lie, I laughed harder at today's one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112016) than any other since the Christmas Resurrection. Physical suffering is comedy gold!
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2016, 11:43:16 am
I was laughing the whole way through this one.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2016, 11:46:07 am
Although, I must say that I think "I like how he's using natural-language search phrases now." is the correct title of this thread.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2016, 11:48:37 am
And I guess Molly is gone and Beef is living with Ray now. I can't think of any scenario where Ray and Teodor are in Beef's house when he was not, or at all even if he were. All of their socializing takes place at Ray's place.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2016, 01:54:15 pm
Not gonna lie, I laughed harder at today's one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112016) than any other since the Christmas Resurrection. Physical suffering is comedy gold!

Yeah.  Something about Ray getting his junk electrified just opens up the ol' giggle box.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2016, 02:20:03 pm
And I guess Molly is gone and Beef is living with Ray now. I can't think of any scenario where Ray and Teodor are in Beef's house when he was not, or at all even if he were. All of their socializing takes place at Ray's place.

I feel like you may be overthinking this.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2016, 03:37:18 pm
That authentication crack in the alt was a nice dash of salt on top of a beefy dude's stew of a strip.

"Authenticution"
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2016, 06:22:10 pm
I think there is something to this. I'm trying to read these in the moment and not layer them overmuch with history.

And this particular one is obviously a gag, not plot development.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2016, 08:01:56 pm
I feel like you may be overthinking this.

Possibly.

Ultimately my thoughts led me to conclude that this a new era of Achewood divorced from the plot entanglements of the past. The characters personalities have been well established at this point and Onstad can throw them into any scenario and make them dance. To me this seems like a 3rd version of the strip. In the original strip it was more of a joke strip with a set up and a punch line. Often the punchlines were esoteric which made us love it more. In the second iteration it was more plot driven and less jokey. In ways this latest version is a combination of the first two. it's like the original version in that it's a set up and a joke, only with a more conversational style of the second iteration.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 11, 2016, 08:48:12 pm
Possibly.

Ultimately my thoughts led me to conclude that this a new era of Achewood divorced from the plot entanglements of the past. The characters personalities have been well established at this point and Onstad can throw them into any scenario and make them dance. To me this seems like a 3rd version of the strip. In the original strip it was more of a joke strip with a set up and a punch line. Often the punchlines were esoteric which made us love it more. In the second iteration it was more plot driven and less jokey. In ways this latest version is a combination of the first two. it's like the original version in that it's a set up and a joke, only with a more conversational style of the second iteration.

Sure, but HOW IS PHILIPPE'S NEW CAMPAIGN GOING.
Title: Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2016, 10:22:14 pm
Sure, but HOW IS PHILIPPE'S NEW CAMPAIGN GOING.

It's like an old school sitcom where in each new episode they hit the reset button.