The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AKKOLADE on May 20, 2016, 11:00:14 am

Title: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: AKKOLADE on May 20, 2016, 11:00:14 am
Beef vs the Feels Industry: Round Two.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202016
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: Jaded Tersk on May 20, 2016, 11:05:33 am
This strip is relevant to me and my interests.

If I had a few thousand bucks it wouldn't touch the sides of my problems except I could buy a casket to lay down in and start getting rotten(er).
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: wombat on May 20, 2016, 04:11:26 pm
Did I say last week's strip was the best of the new ones? I was wrong, it's this one.

I think the correct thread title though is "at least Radiohead has a car."
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: Ryabovsky on May 20, 2016, 09:28:25 pm
I think the correct thread title though is "at least Radiohead has a car."

I would have gone with, "the same thing as not listening to Radiohead," but to each their own.
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: KeithHernandez on May 21, 2016, 08:36:13 am
Y'all are right, radiohead is the worst.
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: AKKOLADE on May 21, 2016, 03:23:54 pm
That's why i went with "fig skivvied dreamers", altogether less controversial.
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: pmcd9 on May 25, 2016, 10:39:31 pm
Seems to be a lot of Radiohead backlash lately.
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: theinevitable on May 26, 2016, 04:46:07 pm
I have never gotten that into Radiohead, but yesterday someone mentioned Hail to the Thief. That brought back a lot of memories. It was the first CD I bought without knowing what the band sounded like-- I just knew that cool people liked Radiohead, and I thought the cover was awesome. I remember being totally blown away by how good it was.

This is bizarre, because in 2003 I was in 9th grade. Had I really not bought any cool new CDs before then?
Title: Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
Post by: pmcd9 on May 27, 2016, 06:51:37 am
I have never gotten that into Radiohead, but yesterday someone mentioned Hail to the Thief. That brought back a lot of memories. It was the first CD I bought without knowing what the band sounded like-- I just knew that cool people liked Radiohead, and I thought the cover was awesome. I remember being totally blown away by how good it was.

This is bizarre, because in 2003 I was in 9th grade. Had I really not bought any cool new CDs before then?

That is a great cd. I think it might be the last cd they've made that the public at large has liked at all. They've veered into more challenging territory since then that even a lot of their former fans can't get into. I however, still find them very much worth listening to.