The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AKKOLADE on June 03, 2016, 10:54:17 am

Title: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: AKKOLADE on June 03, 2016, 10:54:17 am
Of course, we knew in the abstract that all marketing is bullshit, but this is one potent illustration (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06032016).
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: wombat on June 03, 2016, 11:29:30 am
That is the correct thread title, although "Nice and small-batchy" also caught my eye.
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 03, 2016, 12:30:20 pm
Did we mention that Teodor is a stand-in for Onstad? Did you get that?
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on June 03, 2016, 12:56:32 pm
What next, a strip about not writing anything for over a year?
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: theinevitable on June 03, 2016, 02:33:51 pm
How you even talkin when you say those words?
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: pmcd9 on June 03, 2016, 07:01:23 pm
Where can I buy Has Lid?
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: wombat on June 03, 2016, 07:54:07 pm
I have to say, I love him so much for this strip. Sometimes I am not crazy about the parts of the strip where T is standing in for Onstad, but this is so perfect. Also every time I re-read it there's another perfect thread title.

Question: Should I know who the people on the magazine covers are? Are they famous people I don't recognize or just random?
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: pmcd9 on June 03, 2016, 07:56:58 pm
I have to say, I love him so much for this strip. Sometimes I am not crazy about the parts of the strip where T is standing in for Onstad, but this is so perfect. Also every time I re-read it there's another perfect thread title.

Question: Should I know who the people on the magazine covers are? Are they famous people I don't recognize or just random?

The second one is George Clooney, I'm pretty sure. The other one I don't recognize.
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: theinevitable on June 03, 2016, 08:33:16 pm
The first one is Macklemore. He is an annoying rapper dude who had a huge hit in the past few years-- Thrift Shop. (maybe not the title)

I knew you guys kept me around for a reason!
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: wombat on June 03, 2016, 10:36:03 pm
I suspected as much. I am not so out of it, I so know who both of those people are, but not what they look like.
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: jaydub on June 04, 2016, 12:08:40 am
I am reminded of this thread: http://touamb.com/index.php?topic=3186.510
I so know who both of those people are, but not what they look like.
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: wombat on June 04, 2016, 12:26:55 am
Wow, 35 pages. I think a lot fewer "movies actually watched by wombat" came out of that thread than it deserved.
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: pmcd9 on June 04, 2016, 01:43:43 pm
Wow, 35 pages. I think a lot fewer "movies actually watched by wombat" came out of that thread than it deserved.

It's alright.
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: AKKOLADE on June 04, 2016, 07:27:44 pm
I have to say, I love him so much for this strip. Sometimes I am not crazy about the parts of the strip where T is standing in for Onstad, but this is so perfect. Also every time I re-read it there's another perfect thread title.

Question: Should I know who the people on the magazine covers are? Are they famous people I don't recognize or just random?
Macklemore I can just about forgive, but George Clooney? Good God, man, he is one of Today's Main Lonely People's Imaginary Friends. He learned COPTIC, I TELL YOU
Title: Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
Post by: pmcd9 on June 07, 2016, 07:23:35 am
COPTIC, I TELL YOU

I've said that to so many people.