The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: theinevitable on July 05, 2016, 02:52:18 pm

Title: Election for new Birthday Coordinator
Post by: theinevitable on July 05, 2016, 02:52:18 pm
it was Jaydub's birthday and I missed it!

Happy birthday Jaydub! Sorry that it is belated. I hope your nachos were not salted by your bitter tears.
Title: Re: Election for new Birthday Coordinator
Post by: jaydub on July 06, 2016, 04:44:24 pm
Thanks guys, it was a fine day.  I am used to people not realizing I've had a birth anniversary, since it happens in the middle of summer break for school-aged folks, and on a day off for work.  People usually realize it the following week when you're having the "what did you do over the 4th" conversation and that prompts an "oh, it was your birthday, huh?  Happy belated".  Doesn't bug me, its nice that they remembered anyway.
I walked in a parade for my lacrosse club, had brunch with the family at a brewery, played Minecraft in survival mode with my 7-yr old for a few hours, then grilled up a marinated tri-tip and some zucchini for dinner.  After ice cream cake and a few presents, I closed the day out with some illegal (but safe and sane) fireworks.
Title: Re: Election for new Birthday Coordinator
Post by: wombat on July 06, 2016, 07:35:30 pm
Who needs a dumb messageboard thread when they do fireworks for your birthday every year?
Title: Re: Election for new Birthday Coordinator
Post by: pmcd9 on July 07, 2016, 04:08:52 pm
Man, that zucchini and tri-tip would punish right now.
Title: Re: Election for new Birthday Coordinator
Post by: jaydub on July 07, 2016, 09:39:03 pm
My wife was all, "Really, 3lbs?" at the time.  Then yesterday she was sad to find all the leftovers had been eaten.

There's really only one answer to that problem.