The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: miles on August 09, 2016, 04:47:24 am

Title: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: miles on August 09, 2016, 04:47:24 am
We doin' this?
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: AugustWest on August 09, 2016, 12:39:24 pm
Dang, cancel one Hall of Fame game and they come crawling out of the woodwork. 

I'll get on it.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on August 10, 2016, 04:46:32 pm
Cheers
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: AugustWest on August 10, 2016, 04:53:22 pm
It's done.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Asherdan on August 10, 2016, 06:02:19 pm
This year's team is ever so angry, it's just absolutely the angriest.

(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Asherdan on August 10, 2016, 06:27:51 pm
On a footi-ball note -

(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: miles on August 10, 2016, 08:10:17 pm
It's done.

All hail the Egg Man!
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 21, 2016, 12:57:14 pm
Hey, why don't we have one of them survival leagues? Pick one winner per week, miss and you're out, can't pick the same team more than once per season. They are fun and easy.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: AugustWest on September 21, 2016, 01:16:42 pm
Sounds like you just volunteered yourself to set it up.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 21, 2016, 02:57:22 pm
OK fine.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID#: 26622
Password: philippe


Everyone should join! Even if you know jack shit about football! Pick who you think has the most intimidating mascot or something.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 22, 2016, 01:48:36 am
"Whoever is playing Cleveland" is likely to be a good pick all season.

At least until they get Washington.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: miles on September 25, 2016, 08:35:29 pm
Fuckin' Dolphins. At least I don't have to worry about picking them the rest of the year.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 26, 2016, 12:28:22 pm
This was almost a very short-lived survival league.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: AugustWest on September 26, 2016, 01:58:20 pm
Fuckin' Dolphins. At least I don't have to worry about picking them the rest of the year.

As a Dolphins fan, all I can say is welcome to my world.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on September 26, 2016, 05:24:47 pm
I was seriously tempted by them, with that matchup.  I couldn't justify the roster spot though, and the chance of losing my current DST to waivers.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: pmcd9 on October 10, 2016, 07:11:44 pm
The Texans gave B. Osweiler a 70 million dollar contract. I had misgivings immediately, before he ever played a down. The way I see it, John Elway knows quarterbacks possibly better than anyone and he'd been grooming Osweiler for 3 years. He started half of the games last season for the Broncos so they got a good hard look at what he's capable of. Their hall of fame quarterback has retired and it's time for Osweiler to step up and take the reins. Instead they let him go, went with a rookie instead. That tells me he's not up to being a top tier NFL quarterback. Stupid Houston signs him anyway and gives him piles of money.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on October 11, 2016, 04:50:13 pm
Ouch.  A Carr Crabtree stack would have been pretty unbeatable this week.  I'm slowly beating my roster back into shape, but the low hanging waiver wire fruit is pretty much gone at this point.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on October 31, 2016, 04:22:42 pm
Her fault for leaving an open spot on the roster (and her receivers laying eggs), but the monster game from Carr didn't help.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 31, 2016, 05:03:02 pm
I am also getting a rare and precious win against someone who didn't update their roster. That'll get me to 2-6. Ready to make a move.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: pmcd9 on October 31, 2016, 07:10:38 pm
Who has (had) Arian Foster and Andre Johnson on their roster?
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 31, 2016, 08:31:58 pm
Owensboro Greg had Foster on the bench for a while but finally dumped him. I don't see Andre Johnson out there anywhere. So no, your Texans' misfortunes aren't being projected upon anyone in our fantasy league, particularly.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on November 01, 2016, 05:53:33 pm
Ex-Texans!  Andre was with Indianapolis and Foster was with the Dolphins during their swan songs.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: pmcd9 on November 04, 2016, 07:56:00 am
I was only mentioning them because they both retired. Please don't call them my Texans. I've been very clear that I will be an Oilers fan until I die.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 07, 2016, 08:05:21 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/uJ5Etmv.jpg)
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 15, 2016, 01:32:45 pm
It's the last week of our regular season, but the playoff field is already set, so no drama here.
1. Venomous Monkeys (Nabu)
2. Muttonheads (Owensboro Greg)
3. Ham Sammiches (Jaydub)
4. Kaitlin's Team (spawn of Jaydub)
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on December 15, 2016, 11:09:18 pm
My deepest disappointment for the season is her inability to come up with a cool name for her team.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on December 16, 2016, 06:59:42 pm
I have a chance now that Gronk is out, but otherwise I don't like my odds against her team.  To be honest though, I don't think either of us will make it past Nabu or Greg.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: pmcd9 on December 17, 2016, 09:57:08 am
I've been watching the Texans somehow continue to win games despite having a very mediocre team. They're playing the Jags this Sunday who they should beat. Who knows.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 20, 2016, 03:26:42 pm
Semi-finals:
Venomous Monkeys vs. Kaitlin's Team
Muttonheads vs. Ham Sammiches

Good luck, all y'all.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: pmcd9 on December 22, 2016, 11:54:32 pm
So, who has Tom Savage on their roster?
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 29, 2016, 08:23:51 pm
FTR I didn't bother updating my roster. But sure, you enjoy that.

Semi-final results:
Monkeys 154, Kaitlin 92. Jaydub, did you tell her to update her team beforehand?

Sammiches 175, Muttonheads 123.
To be honest though, I don't think either of us will make it past Nabu or Greg.

Effective reverse jinx, there.

So Nabu and Jaydub for the champeenship, Kaitlin vs. Owensboro Greg for third. Good luck folks.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 03, 2017, 02:39:22 pm
To be honest though, I don't think either of us will make it past Nabu or Greg.

Sammiches 130, Monkeys 103. Congrats to Jaydub on his first TOUAMB fantasy sports champeenship.

Kaitlin 132, Muttonheads 125 for third place. Her first time placing in the top three.

Good season all.
Title: Re: Nate Small One Tough Man '16
Post by: jaydub on January 05, 2017, 07:11:14 am
The board is back up!  Carlos, you can lead a kid to fantasy, but you can't make her adjust her lineup :).  In fairness, it was finals week, and somehow she prioritized her time appropriately.  Clearly her mother's influence.  She came through for the 3rd place game and put her best foot forward.  It was supposed to be well short of Gregs team though, but for a second week in a row his players came up small.
I was really not expecting to beat the Monkeys, but clearly Nabu was distracted and left Big Ben in.  on the other hand, Dallas set Elliot on the bench too, so it still ended up being a fair matchup.  I'm beginning to think that next year we should only play through NFL week 16 though.  That was annoying having healthy, top fantasy players being no shows.
I played in 3 leagues this year, and placed in all 3.  I'm pretty happy with all that.  It was a good number, too.  Last year I was in 5 leagues, and it was more of a chore.