The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on October 14, 2016, 12:11:25 pm

Title: humblebrag disguised as a tip about pressure-canning turkey stock 10-14-16 blogs
Post by: wombat on October 14, 2016, 12:11:25 pm
I'm not feeling up to reading Nice Pete first thing in the morning, how was that one?
Title: Re: humblebrag disguised as a tip about pressure-canning turkey stock 10-14-16 blogs
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 14, 2016, 01:25:34 pm
By Nice Pete's standards.... not too bad, I guess?
Title: Re: humblebrag disguised as a tip about pressure-canning turkey stock 10-14-16 blogs
Post by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2016, 05:24:42 am
What, we're not doing links now?
Title: Re: humblebrag disguised as a tip about pressure-canning turkey stock 10-14-16 blogs
Post by: wombat on October 15, 2016, 09:59:49 pm
So add the links, Mr Moderator! The bigger question seems to be, we aren't doing discussion of the blogs now? Where is everyone?
Title: Re: humblebrag disguised as a tip about pressure-canning turkey stock 10-14-16 blogs
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 17, 2016, 10:01:34 pm
Nice Pete talking about buttholes was really not as bad as it could be.

There is an announcer for the White Sox who is really weird and one of his really weird habits is discussing clenched sphincters. "You couldn't pull a greased [golf] tee out of my behind with a pair of pliers!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3CHUolN-E

For some reason, St. Louis officials are trying to get people to sign up for the NextDoor app (which I think is the leading app of the kind Roast Beef was talking about). http://fox2now.com/2016/10/16/city-leaders-praise-nextdoor-app-in-st-louis/

I'm sure it is useful for getting information, but it also seems full of paranoia, thinly veiled racism, and clear-as-day classism.

Also in neighborhood social media: Today my wife and I posted a picture of our neighbor's truck parked on our kid's school's back lawn (it's a public magnet school and his kids don't go there. It's not somewhere anyone else would ever park). We knew who it was, but didn't name him. After initially being very defensive and feigning offense that we would include someone's license plate number, he eventually posted a conciliatory and apologetic response to my wife's explanation of why this seemed like an aggressive move. So I guess these local social media thingies are good for something.