The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: theinevitable on November 11, 2016, 05:45:32 am

Title: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: theinevitable on November 11, 2016, 05:45:32 am
In times like these, I'm glad we have a place like TOUAMB. A place where we can talk about things, or not talk about things, and even if we disagree we all respect each other. August West is an exemplar of being that kind of person, and I think, a major setter of the tone on here. Thanks for being you, AW. Happy birthday.
Title: Re: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: AugustWest on November 11, 2016, 01:21:29 pm
Aw dang.  Thanks for that sentiment, you made my week. Y'all mean a lot to me, I'm glad we've maintained our little hideaway on the internet.
Title: Re: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 11, 2016, 06:55:02 pm
What inev said, both about AW and the board overall.

I'm trying to avoid social media right now, because it mostly pisses me off. But on the other hand, I like knowing that there are people who are smart and funny and cool and manage to not be assholes. (That sounds like it's setting the bar rather low, but these days, it's apparently tough for many people.) Remembering that my peeps are still out there and I'm not alone, that's a good thing.

Happy birthday, Egg Man.
Title: Re: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: wombat on November 11, 2016, 07:09:38 pm
Happy birthday, AW. And I second the thanks to all of you guys for being you guys.
Title: Re: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: AugustWest on November 11, 2016, 07:45:58 pm
Thanks guys. You're the best imaginary friends a guy could hope for.

Later: project pictures.  Also vacation pictures.  I never posted any on social media, but you guys may get to enjoy my blurry phone photos of the majestic Rockies.
Title: Re: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: pmcd9 on November 11, 2016, 10:53:22 pm
This is my safe space and AW is awesome! The man won on Jeopardy!

Happy birthday old man!!!
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/92/208196384_32d46486a6_o.jpg)
Title: Re: The Last Reasonable Man
Post by: AugustWest on November 12, 2016, 04:35:02 am
That remains one of my favorite portraits.

Thanks Paul.