The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AKKOLADE on November 18, 2016, 12:10:20 pm

Title: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: AKKOLADE on November 18, 2016, 12:10:20 pm
Achewood's transition into a stoner comic continues apace. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11182016) Not that I mind as long as Onstad keeps his love of language. "Continues" doesn't fill me with confidence, though.

I could use some Golden Tabloid myself.
Title: Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: AugustWest on November 18, 2016, 01:24:12 pm
Transition?
Title: Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2016, 02:20:52 pm
Sadly a stoner comic doesn't do a thing for me, but in times like these, I'm thankful just to see updates two weeks in a row. Lowered expectations is my mantra for the next few years.
Title: Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: iron_felix on November 18, 2016, 07:24:00 pm
Looks like we got us a story arc!  "New Achewood" couldn't remain a series of zero-continuity vignettes forever.

I don't even care if it's just wacky stoner hijinks.  I think I mentioned this before once, but did anyone think this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01112006) would turn into the Great Outdoor Fight?  Hope springs eternal.

It's been a long time since we heard beef's oh (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002) hee (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192005) hee (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06192007) but (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06202008) I didn't realize just how much play it got over the years.

This (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09122002) is the one that immediately came to mind for me.  And for Onstad, presumably, given Beef's Mickey penis eyes.
Title: Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: pmcd9 on November 19, 2016, 04:06:10 am
Looks like we got us a story arc!  "New Achewood" couldn't remain a series of zero-continuity vignettes forever.

I don't think we're really looking at a story arc here. It's just a strip that requires more frames to bring to fruition. I hope anyway. As far as I know Teodor is still in the back of Nice Pete's van.
Title: Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 19, 2016, 08:56:26 am
Transition?

He used to be a drunk that puffed sometimes, now he is heavy into weed after stopping with the drink.
Title: Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
Post by: AKKOLADE on November 19, 2016, 03:31:43 pm
He used to be a drunk that puffed sometimes, now he is heavy into weed after stopping with the drink.
Yeah, this. John le Mesurier tried the same tactic; didn't work for him, sadly, but then he was a highly functioning alcoholic. Until his liver packed up.