The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 26, 2004, 12:05:10 am

Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: pmcd9 on January 26, 2004, 12:05:10 am
Digital Gum Club (http://www.mausland.de/digital_gum_club.html)
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: andalucia on January 26, 2004, 03:07:59 am
Well that makes me want to die.
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: Choop on January 26, 2004, 03:35:09 am
--wha?
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 26, 2004, 04:43:11 am
Okay, Wombat, V-Adore, Slink and any other Nippon-o-philes lurking on the board: I want a translated flash page linked by tomorrow morning.

That is all.
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: andalucia on January 26, 2004, 04:44:40 am
Do you really want to know what it's talking about?  I've got a feeling it's even more frightening than the Terrible Secret of Space.
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: jough on January 26, 2004, 04:45:06 am
Man, the Japanese are a FUCKED UP people.
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: slink on January 26, 2004, 11:57:48 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Okay, Wombat, V-Adore, Slink and any other Nippon-o-philes lurking on the board: I want a translated flash page linked by tomorrow morning.

That is all.


Well, I can at least tell you the source of the music!
It's by Yoko Kanno and is used in the episode of Cowboy Bebop featuring Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV.
Just the music has me grinning.
I love Japan!

Unfortunately, insofar as translation goes, I haven't worked on Kanji at all yet. If they gave me a Romanji version it would be OK.
I'll have to save it so I can work it out.
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: V-Adore on January 26, 2004, 06:51:37 pm
As far as I can tell, the actual writing is gibberish -- this is primarily katakana, but there's some hiragana thrown in, and at times some of the katakana is reversed. If there's any meaning to be found here, I can't find it.

I suspect this is some sort of elaborate joke, especially given that all the options give you the same results.
Title: Come Join the Digital Gum Club
Post by: wombat on January 26, 2004, 11:17:33 pm
I just wasted a fair amount of time coming to the same conclusion as V.  The only kanji they use is backwards too.