The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on December 28, 2016, 01:04:15 pm

Title: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: wombat on December 28, 2016, 01:04:15 pm
Your Christmas present this year is that Achewood dies again, because it's been that kind of year. But at least it's a clean break this time.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12252016 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12252016)
http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2016/12/some-news-to-wrap-up-2016.html (http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2016/12/some-news-to-wrap-up-2016.html)
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 28, 2016, 02:44:17 pm
I'm almost not disappointed that Ornstrand is going to put more energy into the blogs, which could basically be dictated into a speech converter while he does one of his million other things, rather than having to actually "draw" the cartoon.  There have been some great achievements in artwork but mostly I come for the words.

The only thing I don't like about the blogs is losing some element of interaction between the characters.  It's one thing for Cornelius to recount an event in the house from his own perspective but the same event feels different when it's presented visually and when Teodor or Lyle, say, can speak in their own voice rather than having their voice filtered and translated into Cornelius-ese.  Ain't but one voice per blog, really, and I'm afraid that I'll miss the contrasts among all the alive stuffed animals and talking cats.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: AugustWest on December 29, 2016, 12:07:50 pm

The only thing I don't like about the blogs is losing some element of interaction between the characters.  It's one thing for Cornelius to recount an event in the house from his own perspective but the same event feels different when it's presented visually and when Teodor or Lyle, say, can speak in their own voice rather than having their voice filtered and translated into Cornelius-ese.  Ain't but one voice per blog, really, and I'm afraid that I'll miss the contrasts among all the alive stuffed animals and talking cats.

Nobody writes dialog like Onstad and there ain't none in the blogs.

Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 30, 2016, 11:54:54 pm
I'm almost not disappointed that Ornstrand is going to put more energy into the blogs, which could basically be dictated into a speech converter while he does one of his million other things, rather than having to actually "draw" the cartoon.  There have been some great achievements in artwork but mostly I come for the words.

The only thing I don't like about the blogs is losing some element of interaction between the characters.  It's one thing for Cornelius to recount an event in the house from his own perspective but the same event feels different when it's presented visually and when Teodor or Lyle, say, can speak in their own voice rather than having their voice filtered and translated into Cornelius-ese.  Ain't but one voice per blog, really, and I'm afraid that I'll miss the contrasts among all the alive stuffed animals and talking cats.
I didn't interpret his post to suggest that he's necessarily going to be writing new blog entries:
Quote
I want you to see that if you haven't read these blogs, Achewood isn't actually ending for you. It's starting all over, in a world of more and deeper material than you could hope to read in years. The blogs are where I personally think the heart and soul of that universe live.
So presumably that would mean that if you have read the blogs, achewood is plausibly ending for you.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 31, 2016, 12:42:34 am
Yeah, I read it the same way, but the friend I was with read it like the blogs would continue.

I only read Chris', maybe in the other blogs it seems like they'll continue?
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 25, 2017, 04:38:45 pm
No blogs.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: wombat on February 26, 2017, 12:56:45 am
I don't think he promised us new blogs? "If you haven't read these blogs, Achewood isn't actually ending for you." If you have, well....
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 12, 2017, 04:12:52 am
I'm right there with you. But my interpretation of that comment wasn't universally shared. See above.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 19, 2017, 01:58:40 pm
(http://www.bigfool.com/pix/onstand_linkedin.PNG)
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: AugustWest on June 19, 2017, 05:30:43 pm
I guess you gotta accept that one, The Mayor.

Can you unlink him if he starts spamming you with soda-pop advertisements?
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: pmcd9 on June 20, 2017, 12:30:02 am
He seems a little more down to earth since he's quit cartooning.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: AugustWest on June 21, 2017, 02:58:08 pm
He seems a little more down to earth since he's quit cartooning.

He's The Real Thing.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: wombat on June 22, 2017, 11:54:24 am
Those were the days.

You know I hate to say this but... I'm kind of glad that I am in a couple of the Facebook subgroups. Even though we don't even talk about the comic. Not sure that makes any sense, but there it is. It's not like the old days on the internet, but what is?
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: AKKOLADE on October 31, 2018, 11:49:42 am
The dog's name is Heaven Dog.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: AugustWest on October 31, 2018, 09:44:27 pm
Those were the days.

You know I hate to say this but... I'm kind of glad that I am in a couple of the Facebook subgroups. Even though we don't even talk about the comic. Not sure that makes any sense, but there it is. It's not like the old days on the internet, but what is?

Since we're all imaginary anyway, what difference could it possibly make?
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: pmcd9 on November 02, 2018, 10:14:57 pm
At this stage of my life, imaginary is the new real.
Title: Re: A catacomb so deep there ain't no goodbyes - 12/25/16
Post by: AKKOLADE on December 24, 2018, 09:44:29 pm
Just spent the whole Autumn rereading almost the entire thing (French Fry to Golden Tabloid) and damn if it doesn't feel appropriate to wrap it up by coming to a screeching halt on Christmas Eve with a comic posted on Christmas Day.