The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Asherdan on May 10, 2018, 03:52:47 pm
-
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
-
"Revolutionary Road." Read a few chapters, then I went "I hate these people and I do not care what happens to them."
-
Didn't have to read it, the title was enough. Stop reading books you don't enjoy! Life is too short. I came to feel this particularly strongly after I started writing books myself. The writer starts with an empty page and they can put whatever words they want in whatever order. It's their responsibility to write words that make you want to keep reading. If they don't, fuck 'em, you don't owe them anything. Go read someone who did better.
-
Didn't have to read it, the title was enough. Stop reading books you don't enjoy! Life is too short. I came to feel this particularly strongly after I started writing books myself. The writer starts with an empty page and they can put whatever words they want in whatever order. It's their responsibility to write words that make you want to keep reading. If they don't, fuck 'em, you don't owe them anything. Go read someone who did better.
It's not like there's a shortage of incredible literature stretching back over 1000 years.
-
My sisters new novel came out yesterday.
-
So.....did you read it??!
-
I saw that you posted about it on Facebook. Such a good brother.
-
So.....did you read it??!
Not yet.