The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: CortJstr on September 03, 2026, 07:52:20 pm

Title: Swan Boy
Post by: CortJstr on September 03, 2026, 07:52:20 pm
We're all reading Swan Boy, yes? People are regularly calling it things like "the new Achewood" (despite Achewood actually publishing new strips for a while now) and the Noel Goes to Hooters arc "the best thing since The Great Outdoor Fight"

This is my single favorite strip: https://swanboy.com/comic/fuckin/
Title: Re: Swan Boy
Post by: wombat on September 05, 2026, 12:42:00 am
If that's the new Achewood then I think it means that I am correct not to read the actual new Achewood, because it's not for me.
Title: Re: Swan Boy
Post by: CortJstr on September 05, 2026, 04:27:52 pm
To be clear, Swan Boy is world's better than current Achewood and rivals prime Achewood. Yesterday's strip, which seemed to conclude the Noel Goes to Hooters arc, was a great capper.

A few years ago they made a cartoon of it with Branson himself voicing Swan Boy and Jo Firestone as Rona. It was on FX which I think means it's on Hulu now.

Branson also wrote for the criminally canceled Strip Law starring Adam Scott, Janelle James, and Stephen Root.
Title: Re: Swan Boy
Post by: CortJstr on September 14, 2026, 05:20:28 pm
https://swanboy.com/comic/record-shopping/

I would at least check out The Cheerios on Bandcamp