The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: The Moose King on January 26, 2004, 10:43:32 pm

Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: The Moose King on January 26, 2004, 10:43:32 pm
Man... Prime Time just ended their tempestuous relationship with the Sexual Homeboys.  What now for the Homeboys?  What now?
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: wombat on January 26, 2004, 11:26:29 pm
Are we ever going to get the cookbook volume 2 with Beef's creamy bacon potato salad?
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: andalucia on January 26, 2004, 11:31:15 pm
Meh, it made me laugh once or twice... achewood franchises really mostly just make me sad.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 26, 2004, 11:35:32 pm
If I had a blog would I have to update it every 15 minutes?

Jan 26 7:00 am
Hey I got up!
Vote   Comments (0)

Jan 25 7:20 am
I took a shower and a nasty dump and I shaved
Vote  Comments (1)

Jan 25 7:40 am
I ate a pop tart and it tasted weird so I threw it away. I wonder what kind of tits Ray likes?
Vote  Comments (39874
)

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: ferocious j on January 26, 2004, 11:55:38 pm
That was genius.  I read a lot of blogs, though, so maybe that's just me.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 27, 2004, 12:00:48 am
It is, in fact, so blog-like that as a whole, it's pretty funny. I try not to read a lot of blogs because they run into each other and only a few are really appealing to me (I won't say only a few are good because it's all good to someone). I don't have one because it would suck to most people.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2004, 01:26:56 am
Liebot DLing mp3's into himself was an excellent bit of continuity. I wouldn't have noticed it if it were missing but having it there is just perfect.

Is "TréMonisha" real?
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: Mite on January 27, 2004, 02:23:38 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Is "TréMonisha" real?

Well, "Treemonisha" is Scott Joplin's odd and poorly recieved opera. This, however, looks more like the name of a French house band.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on January 27, 2004, 05:28:58 am
I am duly impressed by Ray's blog, although I just feel very bad for Beef. Why can't he just die again and get with a girl who likes him for him?
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: AugustWest on January 27, 2004, 05:38:33 am
Just wait a few weeks and he will, I'm sure.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: The Moose King on January 27, 2004, 05:56:33 am
I don't know... I give this feature as a whole around a B-.  It's Achewood-related, it's got a couple of really sharp lines (Ray's insult to D'Shawn/his reaction to that insult a minute later was particularly strong in my opinion, and Lyle's "usual thing" was even better), and I'll read anything "Ray" writes.  At the same time, though, all that harping about blogs and whatnot, all that "hey, you people are a bunch of geeks!" stuff, is just pointlessly stupid negativity, and worse, it's hack -- not quite in Drew territory yet (god forbid), but it's an unfortunate tendency Onstad has, especially in the Ray-related features.  If this is a one-time thing, it's good; if it becomes a recurring feature, let's hope he doesn't succumb to that "make fun of nerds, that's always funny!" mentality.  

Way better than the Variety Hour, that's for sure.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2004, 04:51:48 pm
How does his comment on the best tits have that few comments? Especially compared to some of the other stuff?

This is the internet! I've frequently had to defend my small-preference on message boards. That takes way more than 172 comments.
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: Noah on January 27, 2004, 06:06:57 pm
Would this be Beef's first kiss with a lady? I wish I didn't have to specify "with a lady".
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: ferocious j on January 27, 2004, 07:19:04 pm
Quote
Should this just be a sausage type of thing? ...nah. I need to set Beef up with somebody. I owe it to him.

This also brings to light the fact that Ray knows how much Beef has been there for him, and is ... good.  (I think I had something pithier to say, but damned if I can remember what it was)
Title: Ray's Blog and the End of an Era (Jan. 26 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on January 27, 2004, 10:01:34 pm
Quote from: "Noah"
Would this be Beef's first kiss with a lady? I wish I didn't have to specify "with a lady".

I believe his kiss with Molly technically counts. His first kiss with an alive lady, maybe.