The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Choop on January 27, 2004, 05:00:43 am

Title: IRC right now!
Post by: Choop on January 27, 2004, 05:00:43 am
server: irc.evilpaws.org
port: 6667
channel: #roastbeef
Title: IRC right now!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2004, 05:05:31 am
I tried this before.  I never could figure out how to use it.

~Paul<--Not geeky enough
Title: IRC right now!
Post by: V-Adore on January 27, 2004, 05:37:58 am
In future, give us a little more heads-up? I can't show up tonight, but if I had had some notice I might have.

(This reminds me of the guy I know who will randomly e-mail us with "I'M PLAYING MONOPOLY NOW IF ANYONE WANTS IN." Great, except when you check your e-mail three hours later...)
Title: IRC right now!
Post by: Choop on January 27, 2004, 05:08:49 pm
In the future, I'd love to give you more of a heads-up - however, the issue is that I never know when I'm going to be IRCing in the first place. Don't let that stop you. As long as we don't overload the server, we have clearance to use that chat space. If they ask, tell them Choop sent you.

For all who don't "get" IRC: You just need a client, such as mIRC, ircle, or Trillian. Google for them, download, and install. Then, following their help documentation, you can easily set up a connection to the above server and port. Once you're connected, type "/join #roastbeef" (no quotes, natch) to hop into the channel.

There's a lot more you can do, I just don't know most of it and don't really feel like getting into what little I do know right now.