The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on January 27, 2004, 11:27:14 am

Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: wombat on January 27, 2004, 11:27:14 am
Ray is such a jerk.

Are we supposed to assume that grownup Roast Beef wears contact lenses?  Because I can't imagine kid Roast Beef wearing those aviator frames just for fashion.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: starlight on January 27, 2004, 11:54:10 am
Yeah!  poor beef!
....sounds like my youth to a degree, but less embarassing (nothing really pervy.. just friends would always yell to my mom about things I told them in private ...rah).
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2004, 02:21:17 pm
Quote from: "starlight"
Yeah!  poor beef!
....sounds like my youth to a degree, but less embarassing (nothing really pervy.. just friends would always yell to my mom about things I told them in private ...rah).


Actually Ray is only slightly more jerky than most kids, but Beef is way more sensitive.

~Paul
Title: Re: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: AugustWest on January 27, 2004, 02:45:04 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Ray is such a jerk.

Are we supposed to assume that grownup Roast Beef wears contact lenses?  Because I can't imagine kid Roast Beef wearing those aviator frames just for fashion.


Are you saying that those aviator frames weren't attractive when I had 'em back then?  Are you?
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: sensate on January 27, 2004, 03:25:58 pm
It figures Ray's mom is, uh...liberal.
Title: Re: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: wombat on January 27, 2004, 04:12:30 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Are you saying that those aviator frames weren't attractive when I had 'em back then?  Are you?


Certainly not. On you, I am sure they were irresistable.  (Is that how you spell that?  I had six hours of sleep and am at work when I was supposed to be off today.)  

But would Beef have worn anything just for style?  He's too geeky.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: Doctor Vendetta on January 27, 2004, 04:40:51 pm
What does that rune on Roast Beef's shirt signify?
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: Bozack on January 27, 2004, 04:45:17 pm
Quote from: "Doctor Vendetta"
What does that rune on Roast Beef's shirt signify?

It's not a rune; it's the symbol for the 1980's anarcho-hardcore-punk band the Dead Kennedys.
Man, at that age, who didn't want to kiss Molly Ringwald on the, um...on the...dang.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2004, 04:48:56 pm
Ray's mom is clearly not home or out of earshot. I knew a guy who would do this all the time. Ray knows his mom couldn't possibly hear what he was saying he's just messin' with poor Beef.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 27, 2004, 04:59:44 pm
Molly wasn't exactly, um, how you say in your country..."Blessed"  (as a teen, anyhow) but I would say WHAT adolescent boy would not want to Kiss on ANY available titties?

The only reason this scenario should make Beef cry is if he had a crush on Ray's mom. Maybe Ray's mom was a MILF.
Title: Re: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: MSC on January 27, 2004, 05:42:22 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Are we supposed to assume that grownup Roast Beef wears contact lenses?  Because I can't imagine kid Roast Beef wearing those aviator frames just for fashion.


Beef got LASIK.  Hours of staring at computer screens and contact lenses don't mix (https://www.mylifepath.com/bsc/hw/articles/hw_health_article.jhtml;jsessionid=4IVRUPK3U2WWACTLJWGCEZIKNNGY0ITJ?_requestid=95114).
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: Bozack on January 27, 2004, 05:47:28 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Maybe Ray's mom was a MILF.

Maybe Ray's mom was the first corpulent woman Beef ever had hella crushes on.
Oh, also, does this mean that there's an Underground Molly Ringwald? Who's actually a cat? Was there a Dead Kennedys made up entirely of cats or stuffed animalS?
OMG JUST FYI THERE ARE A LOT OF PROBLEMS IN THIS COMIC STRIP ABOUT TALKING CATS AND STUFFED ANIMALS. I MEAN LIKE MOLLY RINGWALD.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2004, 06:44:03 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Oh, also, does this mean that there's an Underground Molly Ringwald? Who's actually a cat? Was there a Dead Kennedys made up entirely of cats or stuffed animalS?
OMG JUST FYI THERE ARE A LOT OF PROBLEMS IN THIS COMIC STRIP ABOUT TALKING CATS AND STUFFED ANIMALS. I MEAN LIKE MOLLY RINGWALD.


I was about to say how silly this is before I realized we have yet to see a single mixed species combo. The closest was Beef's robosex thought bubble. Other than that it's been all cat/cat, bear/bear, otter/otter. The stuffed vs. real status of the females isn't totally known but I'd assumed they corresponded to the guy.

Although animal lust for humans isn't unheard of. Consider Ray's constantly asking his readers for photos and he knows they're human ladies.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: Bozack on January 27, 2004, 07:14:50 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Other than that it's been all cat/cat, bear/bear, otter/otter.

Wait, wasn't there something at the very begining, with Teodor and Penny?
There it is. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12192001) And also the Scary-Go-Round guest-strip. So there's definitely animal-on-human love. Hmm, this is something to think on.
Also something to think on: how much I need to leave my apartment, one day.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: Steve Hogan on January 27, 2004, 07:28:40 pm
Frankly I'm glad that the issue here is kissing molly Ringwald's titties and not some other cat's.  All those nipples...brrrrr.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: AugustWest on January 27, 2004, 08:50:50 pm
What about otter/flower?
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: V-Adore on January 27, 2004, 09:58:48 pm
And Beef doesn't seem to be attracted to non-cat women now, so I don't really see anything dysfunctional about this.

I'm sort of glad we aren't seeing the denouement of the "ding-dong all hanging out" arc. That must have been unpleasant.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: Bozack on January 28, 2004, 04:29:27 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm sort of glad we aren't seeing the denouement of the "ding-dong all hanging out" arc. That must have been unpleasant.

Ooooh, "denouement." SOMEONE probably ACTUALLY GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 28, 2004, 04:52:10 am
Oh, Crap, it's THAT guy again.
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: pmcd9 on January 28, 2004, 06:20:04 am
Catherine Deneuve is hella sexy.  I mean even now and she's gotta be like 60.

~Paul
Title: Tales of Youth Jan. 27
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 28, 2004, 06:27:29 am
Down, Paul.