The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 28, 2004, 10:01:56 pm

Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: AugustWest on January 28, 2004, 10:01:56 pm
Neither would mine.
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 28, 2004, 10:12:20 pm
Strange week. Damn, poor Beef was F$%&*# from the get-go.
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: CortJstr on January 28, 2004, 10:40:10 pm
Dang, I had a friend whose mom was just like that. Her dad did civil war reinactments for the bad guys.

[obligatory reference about Ray wearing sunglasses at night]
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: V-Adore on January 29, 2004, 01:37:02 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Dang, I had a friend whose mom was just like that. Her dad did civil war reinactments for the bad guys.

[obligatory reference about Ray wearing sunglasses at night]

Is it bad that "Confederate reenactor" frightens me more than "7-11-working meth addict?" Because it does. Oh, god, it does.

In any event, I'm kind of proud of Beef. He's obviously done well to save himself from those sorts of roots, especially because Showbiz couldn't.
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: andalucia on January 29, 2004, 01:48:39 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Is it bad that "Confederate reenactor" frightens me more than "7-11-working meth addict?" \


Uh, nope, I think that's a pretty fair representation of the Scaryness Hierarchy.
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: sensate on January 29, 2004, 05:36:43 am
"...I'm gonna get put on Punishment."

That can't be good. Not when it's capitalized like that.
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 29, 2004, 07:44:42 am
Is this the first time the posted strip is also a hyperlink? To a commercial entity no less? Anyone else find this odd?
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: wombat on January 29, 2004, 12:02:31 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Is this the first time the posted strip is also a hyperlink? To a commercial entity no less? Anyone else find this odd?


Oh, I didn't notice this.  Some readers might not know what Neiman Marcus is - are they nationwide?  Perhaps we can look forward to a time when every popular culture reference in Achewood is hyperlinked or has explanatory footnotes.... Perhaps it is a nefarious plan to give the messageboard nothing to do?  I don't think it will work, though.  Even if we didn't need to explain Dead Kennedys tshirts to each other, we find plenty to speculate on.
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: CortJstr on January 29, 2004, 02:16:50 pm
I swear at least one other strip was a link when it was new but I don't remember if it retained its linkhood in the archive. Maybe the aminaked strip?
Title: My Mom would never call 7-11
Post by: pmcd9 on January 29, 2004, 02:52:14 pm
When Beef sobs sarcastically "Gee THANKS Ray, that sounds so sincere" to Ray's feeble appology and Ray just stares down at him; is he simply behaving in a callous manner toward his friend or is he actually thinking his appology was adequate, missing the sarcasm.