The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: keef on August 01, 2003, 07:26:41 am

Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: keef on August 01, 2003, 07:26:41 am
I canceled my serializer subscription.

Achewood was the only reason I subscribed, and since he hasn't been doing it I've felt jilted.

Also, I thought the Nate Small thing was cool, but goddamn, man-- I don't care about that crap, I just want comic strips.
Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: arlucasinc on August 01, 2003, 01:29:35 pm
I know what you mean, but there are lots of other good ones out there, so I'm staying on for now.

I really do hope that Onstad has something up there soon, though, cause it has been sad, and it ruins my Tuesday every week.
Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: Jugwine on August 01, 2003, 01:42:29 pm
Don't feel bad.  I canceled mine, too.  I figure I'll start up again in November and catch up on all the stuff I missed then.
Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: jough on August 02, 2003, 04:58:37 am
I've uh, never had a Serializer subscription.  I'll wait until there's more Achewood to read and then go read them all in five minutes and then cancel.

I really don't read web comics so much (or print comics, for that matter).

I used to really like Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes, of course.

But Achewood is really the only comic that I read now.  And I've started reading SlowWave, but I tend to only read that a month at a time.

-- jough
Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: Choop on August 02, 2003, 03:23:16 pm
Count me in on the never-serialized side of things. Yeah, I missed out on the Nate Small stuff, but I can always go back and do it later! Jough's got the best plan. After all, if we've learned nothing from the archives, we still know that Achewood isn't like sour cream, in that it doesn't need to be fresh to be good.
Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: jough on August 02, 2003, 06:52:34 pm
Quote from: "doomglobe"
do you think you could send me zork for the pc?


No, that would be copyright violation.  I cannot do something that is illegal.

But e-mail me anyway and we can discuss Zork. ;)

Or you could do a Google search for "Frotz" and find the Windows Z-machine emulator and probably can find the zork.z file to play it.
Title: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: jay-ell on August 02, 2003, 06:54:49 pm
I split off the zork stuff; it's here (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=38).  Talk all you like.
Title: Re: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
Post by: revdj on August 04, 2003, 08:09:07 pm
Quote from: "keef"
I canceled my serializer subscription.

Also, I thought the Nate Small thing was cool, but goddamn, man-- I don't care about that crap, I just want comic strips.


I cancelled mine a bit ago.  I wasn't into the Nate Small thing; I wasn't into the achewood trivia quizzes either.  I liked a few of the other serializer strips, but I was really paying a monthly fee for achewood comics, and I didn't think I was getting that.

I felt bad - maybe the DAY AFTER I cancelled there suddenly would be a spate of brilliantly drawn hilarity.  But I gave it two months and then thought it was time to stop.