The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: The Wonderous Me on August 04, 2003, 09:06:53 pm

Title: Different Slant
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 04, 2003, 09:06:53 pm
Movies you'd like to see. Comic books, cartoons, sci-fi books, fantasy..etc. Writers, artists that you think should have hollywood's attention. Example, Bicentennial man was a decent movie from Asimov's short story, but he wrote much more fascinating and compelling stories.. perhaps the special effects haven't reached a point to do Daneel Olivaw justice?  I'd also like to see the rest of Arthur C. Clarke's 2001, 2010, 2061 & 3001 made into movies. Thoughts??
Title: Different Slant
Post by: slink on August 06, 2003, 01:55:21 pm
Well, not that I ever really liked Asimov or C. Clarke's writing (they kinda go together in my, I like their ideas but not their writing) I am still awaiting the release of Rendezvous with Rama - produced by Morgan Freeman and David Fincher. Could be very good that way. But, we'll see I guess.
Title: huh?
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 06, 2003, 02:09:12 pm
Not familiar with that title? was that one of their books?  Not that I have Asimov's  400+ books memorized or anything :)
Title: Different Slant
Post by: slink on August 06, 2003, 02:12:48 pm
Yep, Arthur C. Clarke - 1972
iblist's mention of Rendezvous (http://www.iblist.com/book.php?id=1423)
btw - iblist is pretty good, an amateur started (as it were) imdb for books. I joined up as an admin the week it started and since then it's just gotten bigger and bigger. Pretty useful.