The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 30, 2004, 05:30:19 pm

Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: pmcd9 on January 30, 2004, 05:30:19 pm
Does nobody want to say it?

~Paul
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: Mantonio on January 30, 2004, 05:41:42 pm
WTF, Onstad? WTF?  

Well, maybe Lyle can save the day by telling Phillipe that voting is for chumps.  If Lyle ever voted, it was probably for Harry Browne or L. Neil Smith, and when his candidate failed to crack 0.5% of the popular vote, he probably swore off voting forever.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: ferocious j on January 30, 2004, 06:41:23 pm
Whatevar, FAGS

^_^

Great things about today's strip:

- Teodor's treatment of Philippe's campaign as routine; "I'm just trying to get some paper towels, Philippe."

- The exchange that takes place in panels 4-5.  I like Teodor's immediate "Is that a statistic?" and Philippe's emphatic "Yes."  Complete with facial expression.

- Philippe's posture in the last panel, as though he's working out a plan to save the economy.

- Somewhat tangentially, I can think of at least two or three dozen dogs I've known or seen to whom the name "Mr. Poopytime" could be adequately and hilariously applied.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: jough on January 30, 2004, 06:44:18 pm
I rarely laugh out loud at Achewood strips, but "Mr. Poopytime" did it for me.

Hell, he's got MY vote.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 30, 2004, 06:45:22 pm
You can't have soaring peaks without deep valleys.

Can we see Liebot's Butt again?
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: V-Adore on January 30, 2004, 07:15:50 pm
I'm reserving judgment. However, I still find Philippe somehow artistically disturbing -- he doesn't quite look right.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: AugustWest on January 30, 2004, 07:19:11 pm
The look of studied concentration combined with a little disdain on Philippe's face when he says "Ahem" makes this strip for me.

And apparently, hands are the hardest thing to draw.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: CortJstr on January 31, 2004, 12:50:27 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Great things about today's strip:

- The exchange that takes place in panels 4-5.  I like Teodor's immediate "Is that a statistic?" and Philippe's emphatic "Yes."  Complete with facial expression.

- Philippe's posture in the last panel, as though he's working out a plan to save the economy.


Word.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2004, 01:19:11 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"


And apparently, hands are the hardest thing to draw.


Particularly otter hands, surely.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 31, 2004, 01:21:42 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You can't have soaring peaks without deep valleys.

Can we see Liebot's Butt again?


Cleft/cheek jokes aside, was that a peak or a valley in your view?
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: starlight on January 31, 2004, 02:04:10 am
I'm a bit disturbed by this strip as well ...hmmm... now that the hand thing was mentioned, I looked again and.... yeah, creepy.

I also don't like puppies ...har.  the name is amusing though :D
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 31, 2004, 02:10:05 am
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You can't have soaring peaks without deep valleys.

Can we see Liebot's Butt again?


Cleft/cheek jokes aside, was that a peak or a valley in your view?


It's relative. It's a small hill next to Mr. Poopy#####.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: jough on January 31, 2004, 04:42:34 am
I'm sorry, but if you don't like puppies, there's something terribly wrong with you.

I mean, PUPPIES.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: starlight on January 31, 2004, 05:08:53 am
Quote from: "jough"
I'm sorry, but if you don't like puppies, there's something terribly wrong with you.

I mean, PUPPIES.


Okay, I s'pose they're cute enough, but I'd never want one.
I had a bad time with dogs when I was little ..now these were BIG dogs, but they must've been puppies at some point, eh?
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2004, 11:51:59 pm
OK, for two days now I have been wondering - Why has Philippe chosen to campaign from what is apparently the garage?
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: CortJstr on February 01, 2004, 12:43:37 am
There appears to be a closet between the kitchen and the master bath. I think he's in the hallway by that closet.

Plus Onstad turned the garage into another bedroom/office.

And now that I look at the blueprint I think the bath and bedroom1 are swapped.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: wombat on February 01, 2004, 01:57:16 am
But in the actual strip, the windows behind Philippe are the same as the garage windows in the outside view of the house, and there's that funny lock on the doors.  

Is this inconsistent with the blueprint?  Shocking.  Onstad needs to hire someone new in the Continuity department.  Maybe the guy went off drinking with the alt-text writer and wasn't paying attention.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: CortJstr on February 01, 2004, 02:15:24 am
Now that I look at it the driveway doesn't line up with the former garage either. According to the blueprint the right section with the large window used to be the garage.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: AugustWest on February 01, 2004, 03:50:17 am
Please don't interpret this as condemnation or any other form of opprobrium, but debating the floorplan of a cartoon house is beyond my limit of fanboydom.  Feel free to carry on without me.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: jough on February 01, 2004, 04:42:08 am
Just make sure you're wearing your tinfoil helmets before continuing with this conversation, kids.

FLASHES YOU VULCAN SALUTE, HIGH-TAILS IT OUT THE DOOR
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: V-Adore on February 01, 2004, 06:14:17 am
Shine on, you crazy diamonds!

My 2 cents: I first thought it was the garage too, just because it looked garage-esque to me. But who knows?

Be careful of your anoraks.
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: wombat on February 01, 2004, 11:32:56 am
I feel compelled to point out that I did not look at the blueprint.  I can't even remember my Serializer password right now and I have no idea where my Achewoodfleet Academy graduation regalia is....  

But:  HE IS IN THE GARAGE!
Title: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
Post by: jough on February 01, 2004, 06:52:17 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

And apparently, hands are the hardest thing to draw.


Apparently, Onstad agrees with you, because he changed the alt-text to explain the hands.