The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: CortJstr on February 04, 2004, 11:38:40 pm

Title: The Colonel
Post by: CortJstr on February 04, 2004, 11:38:40 pm
I don't see many commercials thanks to TiVo so forgive me if this is old news, but did Kentucky Fried Chicken just change it's name to Kitchen Fresh Chicken or is this just an ad?

I know they decided to go with KFC years ago to get the word fried out of peoples heads but this just looks a little sad. Especially since they were just under investigation for their whole "healthy" marketing campaign.
Title: The Colonel
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 05, 2004, 12:52:14 am
I am not sure from the website. Kitchen Fresh Chicken could be a product, but the only references to "Kentucky Fried Chicken" are historical in terms of the Colonel's accomplishments.

http://www.kfc.com/about/facts.htm


Kitchen Fresh Chicken is a dumb name.
I need a bucket of colonel and some dipping gravy to deal with this.
Title: Re: The Colonel
Post by: sjlimmer on February 05, 2004, 05:27:46 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I don't see many commercials thanks to TiVo so forgive me if this is old news, but did Kentucky Fried Chicken just change it's name to Kitchen Fresh Chicken or is this just an ad?


I think it's just an ad campaign.  Particularly disturbing is the small print, which announces that claims of freshness do not apply to wings, and certain locations on the West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii.

Yikes.
Title: The Colonel
Post by: CortJstr on February 05, 2004, 05:43:12 pm
Isn't the point that they bring in whole non-frozen chickens and butcher them in-house or was I duped? Because if that's right that excluding wings and the freak states doesn't really bother me that much. Because they'd go through more wings than in-house butchering could provide and well, the freak states are always excluded.

And now that I think about it I'd rather they used frozen pre-prepared chicken because I don't trust KFC employees to actually handle something this complex.

I thought KFC was just a short term campaign too but that was over 10 years ago.

I guess initials are just "cool" now. VH1 and GSN (Game Show Network) have both shed the long form of their names and there's the whole G.T.A. 3 thing. As a culture we just don't have the time to be typin' out whole words. OMG LOL WTG etc etc
Title: The Colonel
Post by: slink on February 05, 2004, 06:53:04 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
As a culture we just don't have the time to be typin' out whole words. OMG LOL WTG etc etc


LOL TKPD WTBACGWKTS

Given that all the people I know who eat McDonald's (shudder) don't say more than McD...