The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on February 09, 2004, 04:04:08 pm

Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: AugustWest on February 09, 2004, 04:04:08 pm
I'm sure the real reason is mundane as can be  (e.g. something on the order of severe hangover or terminal malaise), but I with the lack of a strip I'm feeling entertainment deprived.  Therefore I have engaged in speculation regarding why no strip today.

I think the ink weevils have drunk all Onstad's ink.  It's a special sort of orthopedic ink that he has flown in from Paraguay and he can't obtain a replacement supply by air express until tomorrow.

Either that or Onstad got too emotionally involved in the Grammys and is spending the day humming "Hey Ya" to himself and rocking quietly back and forth in his favorite hidden corner of the laundry room.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: V-Adore on February 09, 2004, 04:27:27 pm
He's obviously back at the docks. You know, once you've put out that red light, you can't ever really take it back in.

Either that, or he's selling his kidney because the Bee Philippe shirts didn't sell as well as anticipated and he's got some Mafia goons to pay off.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: jay-ell on February 09, 2004, 04:33:18 pm
Duh, guys.  He's still hung over from celebrating my birthday!  

Or else he's observing Black Friday from last year -- the first time the Dumbrella board blew up (which happened to be Feb. 6).  

Old-timers, represent!
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: jough on February 09, 2004, 04:42:50 pm
Later today I'm going to delete all of the posts and members and start the board anew.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: Nabubrush on February 09, 2004, 05:30:25 pm
I think it would be more fun if you spent most of the day being hella selective and just picking it to pieces before you actually cleaned house and wiped it clean.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: slink on February 09, 2004, 05:31:04 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Later today I'm going to delete all of the posts and members and start the board anew.


Kinda how I felt regarding this. Have we gone so far as to have to speculate?

But then I'm just feeling extra morose today, so don't mind me.

At elast this way I can hold out, snipe bid like on eBay and get no.6.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: Bozack on February 09, 2004, 05:40:49 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Later today I'm going to delete all of the posts and members and start the board anew.

How very old testament.

Then the JOUGH saw that the wickedness of man was great in the messageboard, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And the JOUGH was sorry that He had made man on the messageboard, and He was grieved in His heart.
So the JOUGH said, "I will destroy the messageboard, whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them."

For our Jough is a jealous Jough, who visiteth iniquity unto the fifth generation.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: arlucasinc on February 09, 2004, 06:04:59 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
For our Jough is a jealous Jough, who visiteth iniquity unto the fifth generation.


You...are...rad!
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: jay-ell on February 09, 2004, 06:15:14 pm
It's OK.  I've already atoned for all your sins.  

That was one hell of a hangover.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: wombat on February 09, 2004, 06:16:16 pm
Well if Slink gets #6 then I'm going to hold off signing up for the new board just a tiny bit longer this time so I can get member number 42 and be the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.

But if we do this for Feb 9 how will we commemorate August 31st?
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: jough on February 09, 2004, 06:41:40 pm
What happened on August 31st?
Title: Re: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: palm trees on February 09, 2004, 06:54:00 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Either that or Onstad got too emotionally involved in the Grammys and is spending the day humming "Hey Ya" to himself and rocking quietly back and forth in his favorite hidden corner of the laundry room.


i love this idea.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: wombat on February 09, 2004, 07:10:55 pm
Quote from: "jough"
What happened on August 31st?


Oh, I meant July 31st.... which is an awful lot like August 1st... which you then smush together and... oh never mind.

You know how in fiction when someone hits their head or something the doctor always asks them the date to see if they are mentally deranged?  I am always afraid of this happening to me, because I never know the date even when in fullish command of my faculties.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: slink on February 09, 2004, 07:30:26 pm
Quote from: "wombat"

You know how in fiction when someone hits their head or something the doctor always asks them the date to see if they are mentally deranged?  


Yes but at least this way you get plunged into a world of unanswerable questions and weird goings on, trying desperately to find out who and where you are. If you're likely, trying to find out why you're when you are! That being the most fun.

I have dreamed of this.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: spudboy on February 09, 2004, 10:39:07 pm
Jeez oh man. You got tight security up in here. Thought I would be able just to drop a quick note, but then I got to register and validate my account.
I've forgotten what I wanted to say now,

almost

1. Y'all have got me feeling nostalgic about the old Dumbrella board. I loved the stepfatherly way that Onstad kept order (thinkin DeNiro in This Boys Life). Not that I was a regular poster. I just stayed in my room to avoid the inevitable whuppings.

2. Nobody is saying how hilarious today's strip is. Maybe you guys have all the strips memorized and you weren't hit as hard as I was by the illness of LINCOLN's rhymes. But I laughed just as hard as the first time, maybe harder.

When I raise the roof
My paperwork's in order
I always tell the county
Before I mix my mortar

Peace Out
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: jough on February 09, 2004, 11:22:52 pm
Earlier he just had Friday's strip up there with a note saying no new strip today, or "we Return tomorrow" or something lame.

And security is tight, but wait until you go through the HAZING ritual.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: AugustWest on February 10, 2004, 01:37:55 am
Mmmm Hmmmm... Time for some whuppin's!
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 10, 2004, 01:41:22 am
Maybe the security ain't tight enough...
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: Nabubrush on February 10, 2004, 01:42:13 am
Actually, I'm sort of with Spudboy - I really enjoy Ray's final line. I also like how the alt text is the same as yesterday's.

AugustWest, you were pretty close. Actually, he's rocking gently back and forth in my laundry room.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: AugustWest on February 10, 2004, 01:47:53 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
AugustWest, you were pretty close. Actually, he's rocking gently back and forth in my laundry room.


Something I've always been curious about ...

Does he have any dryer sheets stuck to him?
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: slink on February 10, 2004, 01:57:15 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Does he have any dryer sheets stuck to him?


Oh, classiest of all classy images, stuck classily in the classiest part of my abnormally classy mind.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: Nabubrush on February 10, 2004, 01:58:51 am
No dryer sheets, but he does seem to be putting together some kind of arts & crafts project with lint.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: Mite on February 10, 2004, 02:33:53 am
I'm still going with the Onstad-on-a-bender theory. That's what we think happens to the social studies teacher on our team every couple of paydays (haven't seen the man since Thursday morning - coincidentally payday).

God bless urban education.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: slink on February 10, 2004, 03:33:23 am
Quote from: "Mite"
That's what we think happens to the social studies teacher on our team every couple of paydays (haven't seen the man since Thursday morning - coincidentally payday).


I'm pretty sure, what with it being social studies, that he'd be on a crack bender.
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: palm trees on February 10, 2004, 03:52:17 am
heeh, the repost made me realise just how Awesome the second panel of that strip is. he's even better than the guy who introduces the battles in 8 mile.

still, in my HO , the previous (?) strip is better, purely because no-one has ever written two finer lines of poetry than

all adidas and stuff
all weed in his hat



edit: nearly fucked the quote up
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: spudboy on February 10, 2004, 07:22:03 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Actually, I'm sort of with Spudboy.


Now I truly feel validated.

I'm sorry I forgot the topic of the thread earlier. I didn't deliberately not speculate; I was just happy with what was posted. And with the "Todd as small Diceman" alt text, it's almost like a whole new strip...  :|
Title: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
Post by: The Moose King on February 10, 2004, 07:44:41 pm
I'm just surprised the strip got re-run on Monday and not on Thursday, where it would've made more sense.

But hey, if a strip is going to be re-posted, the "Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N." one is pretty close to the best one could hope for.