The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: slink on February 11, 2004, 01:48:03 am

Title: Clicky clicky, 5 dorra...
Post by: slink on February 11, 2004, 01:48:03 am
http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/curve_ball/curve_ball.htm

2 games and I got 19335.
Start the league table!
Title: Clicky clicky, 5 dorra...
Post by: St_Zartan on February 11, 2004, 02:00:10 am
16,410 on my second game. My attention span wanes with every drink, but.

I am convinced that this game hands out bonuses completely arbitrarily. I did nothing super during my game, apart from trying to put some hella spin on the damn ball and accidentally clicking over to another tab, and yet I continued to be noted for my super curves, even after I had lost a round.

I'm just grousing. I am retarded with love for Pong and its spawn. (The sound effects in the original - lawsy mercy they send pleasant chills.)
Title: Clicky clicky, 5 dorra...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2004, 02:50:21 am
This is like pinball.  my high is about 25k so far.  On level five he starts to get a pretty good eye and at level six he develops a wicked curve.

~Paul
Title: Clicky clicky, 5 dorra...
Post by: Choop on February 11, 2004, 05:06:34 am
Reminds me of Spela Pong -- liquid.se (http://www.liquid.se/), click "spela pong" at the bottom of the left nav. This was all the rage a couple years ago, at least in my circle, and it seems as though they've even updated it.
Title: Clicky clicky, 5 dorra...
Post by: jough on February 11, 2004, 07:18:50 am
83,875 on my first try - level 19.

I found a trick, though - you can put spin on it (SUPER CURVE!) on your serve, and the computer player really sucks.  So he'll miss it nearly every time.
Title: Clicky clicky, 5 dorra...
Post by: slink on February 11, 2004, 02:16:15 pm
Quote from: "jough"
83,875 on my first try - level 19.

I found a trick, though - you can put spin on it (SUPER CURVE!) on your serve, and the computer player really sucks.  So he'll miss it nearly every time.


I discovered that to some extent but didn't manage to pull it off more than about 4 times. In both games.