The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2004, 01:26:18 pm

Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2004, 01:26:18 pm
Toy Story might be though.

~Paul
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: palm trees on February 11, 2004, 01:40:17 pm
Good call, Ray.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Gimpson on February 11, 2004, 01:49:30 pm
Dammit...  I was pulling for Lyle.  

Well, at least Sex Funeral can play at the inauguration.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: CortJstr on February 11, 2004, 02:43:34 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Dammit...  I was pulling for Lyle.  

Well, at least Sex Funeral can play at the inauguration.


Vote Philippe/Lyle in '04 . . . or I'll Kick Your Teeth In!
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Lane on February 11, 2004, 02:51:21 pm
Who is Josh the Newfoundland?  It would appear that he brought strong sack.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: V-Adore on February 11, 2004, 03:24:17 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
Who is Josh the Newfoundland?  It would appear that he brought strong sack.

I'm guessing the winner of Ye Olde Giganticke Dog Showwe.

Anyway, as much as I would have liked to see the Lyle/Philippe ticket, Teodor probably has greater overall appeal. Although I'm not so sure about the "Finding Nemo" ticket being that big a failure...

Best part of this strip: Teodor's diversion tactics. BUBBLES POPPING
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Bozack on February 11, 2004, 05:08:21 pm
Wait, so what does happen when you spray 409 on a hot stove?
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Nabubrush on February 11, 2004, 05:15:59 pm
I enjoyed that Teodor is just leaning on his putter, spends the one panel considering it, and is all "I'm a little busy" after weighing the pros and cons of Ray being on the other end of the line. He clearly knows that just about no good can come of anything Ray proposes, but then perhaps the one thing that could draw him in - "We want you on the ticket in 2004."

Is this an ironic comment on the Republican party's actual ticket?
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: jough on February 11, 2004, 06:11:05 pm
More like the Democrat's actual ticket.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Lane on February 11, 2004, 06:29:40 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Lane"
Who is Josh the Newfoundland?  It would appear that he brought strong sack.

I'm guessing the winner of Ye Olde Giganticke Dog Showwe.


Ah, so 'tis. (http://bestweekever.vh1.com/2004/02/finest_bitch_ev.html)  Thanks.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Nabubrush on February 11, 2004, 07:58:43 pm
Quote from: "jough"
More like the Democrat's actual ticket.


Well, not to get into the politics of the thing, but I don't think the Dems have a ticket yet. I meant in that to some people, Cheney seems a little more aware than his running mate, and yet he's the VP (cue conspiracy theory).

Unrelated factoid: I used to work for Dick Cheney.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: slink on February 11, 2004, 09:14:37 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Unrelated factoid: I used to work for Dick Cheney.


Have you finished removing the scales yet?

And now I see what you meant by 'I make oil'. You just meant you worked for Halliburton!
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Nabubrush on February 11, 2004, 10:45:52 pm
Yes, I worked for Halliburton - and it was by far the worst job I ever had. This from a person who has worked on a floating processor gutting cod, has been a cook at Denny's, and has worked extensively in politics (as both volunteer and paid employee).

Now I fix oil wells so they can be put back on production - indeed, to produce more oil. "I make oil" is sort of just a catch-phrase, becuase like any other business, there are folks who actually produce the good or service, or what-have-you, and there are fringe employees who do other things.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: slink on February 11, 2004, 10:50:54 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Yes, I worked for Halliburton - and it was by far the worst job I ever had.


Oh my! You should have just seen the look on my face!
Scary stuff.
Did you get some sort of deal to get your soul back?

Ah but seriously. Ouch!
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: Nabubrush on February 11, 2004, 11:00:17 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Did you get some sort of deal to get your soul back?


I was an underling, and management's position on underlings was that we had no souls. We were kind of the kobolds of the company.
Title: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
Post by: V-Adore on February 12, 2004, 12:09:30 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

I was an underling, and management's position on underlings was that we had no souls. We were kind of the kobolds of the company.

Well, with all due respect, that's what you get for only having half a hit die and only being worth 7 XP a kill.

(Yes, I got your real allusion, but my first association with the word "kobold" was and remains "7 XP a head.")