The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on February 11, 2004, 07:56:21 pm
-
OK, I'm not sure where I ought to put this thread, so move it if you'd like. You probably know that I am moving; information about it has shown up in various places. Here's the deal: I have a stuffed Opus that is wearing a mortarboard. I've had him for about 18 years, and have schlepped him all over the place. I feel like giving him a nice home. I don't want to take him to a thrift store, and I also don't want to give him to a niece or nephew because they'd probably destroy him, wouldn't really relate to Bloom County, and wouldn't have any connection to the mortarboard, at least not for some 15 years or so. If anyone is interested in this, I would gladly send it off to you.
It would be nice to send him to someone who really likes Bloom County, and even more nice to send him to someone who is graduating soon or has recently graduated, so serious inquiries only pls thx.
Also, nude photos will not aid your cause.
Oh Hell, who am I kidding.
-
I have always had a soft spot for penguins in trouble, and thus I'm willing to take him in. If it matters, I'm between graduations at the moment -- a year and a half past one, two and a half years from the next -- or could pass him along to my father, who recently got his Ph.D.
-
I already have more plush animals than I ever thought possible, thanks to my one-year-old. OK, well, maybe I bought her a lot of those. Er, before she was born. Some maybe years before she was born. But still.
-
Well, I'll let everybody have a bit of a chance to read this thread, and then we'll see what happens.
-
I'm a big fan of Bloom County, but I already have a little graduating Opus plush.
I hope you find a good home for yours.
-
I already have a little graduating Opus plush.
The way you said this, I don't know, it sounds like it's a staple of every household. "Oh yes, of course I have a little graduating Opus plush. Dad bought it for me back in '93. Really, I don't know how I got along without it."
I wish I were close enough to getting my M.A. to request it, but I've barely scratched the surface of post-Bachelor's study, so I feel unworthy. I've got at least another three years.
-
I suggest sending it to the next person who will be graduating from anything.
-
I'm thinking that might be a good idea, Dawg. However, perhaps a caveat: the person needs to have at least 50 posts, to weed out the dilletantes. It'll probably be V-Adore, what with the numerous graduations just past and upcoming.
-
I suggest sending it to the next person who will be graduating from anything.
So I finally get to throw away these pullups and I get NOTHING???
I have a plan for the penguin.
-
Graduating high school (how embarassing)in June, but not an Opus fan- give it to V or whoever.
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.
-
I feel vaguely nervous about the fact that AlohaDawg has a plan. Oh, no, not a "plan!" Will I have to submit a "project report?"
(I suppose I could find a way to integrate this all into my Grand Plan to Terrify My Roommate And Convince Her That I Have Legions Of Sketchy Male Friends. I'll have to carefully hook it into the current primary element of the plan, "friend from the Yukon calls and screams like Dani Filth into the phone.")
-
Graduating high school (how embarassing)in June,
Why is this embarrassing? Wouldn't NOT graduating be more embarrassing? Surely you aren't ashamed of your youth. That's nothing to be embarrassed about! Wish I was 18 again.
-
Yeah, high school sucked, but it'd be fun to be just *graduating* high school again. No responsibilities, getting drunk and laid all the time, partying with my band...
Fuck. Now I'm all feeling old and stuff.
Is it right to have a mid-life crisis just before you turn 30?
-
. . . getting drunk and laid all the time . . .
Well, at least you are having a lot of sex in your dreams. I don't even get that - it's all being chased by cultists and shit for me.
Also: I'm going back to work on Wednesday (long, extremely aggravating story) so I'd like to get it out on Monday if possible. I will continue to check in.
-
Jough, if it makes you feel any better, I can help you dispose of those cumbersome rosy glasses... doncha remember not being able to get the car, having acne, furtive pot-smoking in the garage, and crushing selfconsciousness. Now that is the spirit of high school.
-
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.
Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.
-
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.
Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.
This is disturbing in several ways.
I have submitted a plan to Nabubrush. It's up to him to dispose of his penguin as he pleases but I think this could be the start of something tear-jerkingly beautiful. And shit.
-
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.
Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.
This is disturbing in several ways.
I have submitted a plan to Nabubrush. It's up to him to dispose of his penguin as he pleases but I think this could be the start of something tear-jerkingly beautiful. And shit.
I'm planning on signing off on this plan as soon as my battery of lawyers vet it.
-
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.
Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.
With any luck, I should be finishing grad school in June. Maybe. But I don't think that makes me a true graduator.
Is it right to have a mid-life crisis just before you turn 30?
That depends on how long you plan to live?
-
Heyy, I'm in some fake internet high school classes too. Word up.
-
OK, so the plan is set in tapioca - so watch for an upcoming place to be determined to find out what the hell is going on. How's that for some solid information you can bank on?
-
Jough, if it makes you feel any better, I can help you dispose of those cumbersome rosy glasses... doncha remember not being able to get the car, having acne, furtive pot-smoking in the garage, and crushing selfconsciousness. Now that is the spirit of high school.
I don't get the car as it is (impending blindness kinda takes the fun out of driving). And I never really smoked pot, furtively or otherwise. And I don't think you ever outgrow the crushing self-consiousness, if you have it now.
But then again, I've never been very self-conscious, crushing or otherwise. Self-aware, perhaps, but that's not the same thing.
-
Heyy, I'm in some fake internet high school classes too. Word up.
Ha, word up to fake school. The best thing: I'm the only National Merit Finalist in my fake internet school, so they're doing an article on me, and what I've been doing this year, to put up on the website and show to prospective students. And I'm supposed to send a picture. So it's going to look something like this:
MORON WINS AWARD
INTERVIEWER: So, Mark, what have you been doing this yeah, instead of attending a normal high school?
MARK: Well, I got a job at a record store. I've been sleeping until noon, recently. Oh, and drinking pretty heavily.
I:....Drinking.
M: Yeah. Oh, also, internet pornography.
I:....Did you...get into college?
M: Well, YEAH, but that was like a week. Internet porn, though...that's forever.
-
All sorts of awesomeness about sleeping until noon and Internet pornography
Man, and to think of how anal I was my senior year of high school. I seriously contemplating taking a second semester of the Worst Physics Class Known to Man because, well, if I didn't, maybe I WOULDN'T GET INTO COLLEGE AND I'D HAVE TO GO TO UNL AND JESUS GOD SAVE ME MUST WORK HARDER MUST EXPLODE FROM OVERWORK
(I dropped Physics and took Advanced Wood Shop instead. I got into Williams, and I have a chair.)
Of course, in college, I'm sleeping as long as I can manage ("... hey, 8:40. Class starts at 9. We're good to go!") and collecting MP3s in between marathon roleplaying sessions and getting into passive-aggressive arguments with my roommate. This is the life!
-
Of course, in college, I'm sleeping as long as I can manage ("... hey, 8:40. Class starts at 9. We're good to go!") and collecting MP3s in between marathon roleplaying sessions and getting into passive-aggressive arguments with my roommate. This is the life!
it does not get any better than that ever.
Is it right to have a mid-life crisis just before you turn 30?
i hope so.
-
I would add that it is especially appropriate to have a midlife crisis before thirty if you don't figure on living past 58 or so.