The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jough on February 13, 2004, 06:03:34 pm
-
Mosty I'm adding this thread so that the lounge is not so lonely.
-
If only it was a full moon. I know there's at least one of these a year but do we have any more coming up?
-
I wish I was beginning my trip today, all wearing my "It is impossible to have a good day" shirt, so I could promptly crash into a bus full of nuns and children. Differently-abled children, at that.
-
I hadn't even thought of it being Friday the 13th. Maybe that's why my day sux teh coq so badly. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
-
It was not a good day.
I almost wore my Special Boy shirt today, thereby ensuring a Very Good Day, but opted for my very 80s "100% Canadian Dad Eh" shirt, and spent my day sleeping on the library floor.
-
Sum achievements of the day:
* Listened to a lecture on the infeasibility of "The Bell Curve." Reasonable.
* Spent my Japanese class realizing that winter break made me forget all my kanji. Far suboptimal.
* Came home, futzed around with HTML and such. All fine.
* Went to dinner an hour late, was hungry enough to be in physical pain, attempted to kill The Asshole with sheer hate emanating from my mind, failed. Eh.
Now I am no longer hungry and have caffeine. Things are looking up.
-
I wore a Dave Matthews t-shirt that appeared at my house after a party (I hate dave matthews) and a pair of gray sweat#####, and spent the day going through all three desks and various nooks in order to centralize our office supplies.
Yes.
See? (http://www.x-omega.com/jamie/deskity.jpg)
And tonight, I'm hosting the friends who hooked up at my party last weekend (yay!) for morrocan food, which I'm cooking for the first time ever. I'll let you know. We're going to eat lamb and couscous, then play card games, and maybe watch Casablanca. All in all, a very nice Friday-the-13th-before-Valentine's-Day.
Tomorrow night: a candlelit dinner for two. Followed by...well, you know.
(Ice cream. What?)
-
Today I woke up, walked downtown with my brother for a ways, met a friend across town, somehow walked down 30 blocks while crossing Central Park, came back to the apartment, had a Boddington's. In a few minutes, I leave to go see Cat Power.
All is good with the world.
-
Packed. Cleaned. Talked to landlord. Attempted to re-book several flights to and from AK for work due to the fact that some slug pinhead office employee screwed up the charter so we lost all our flights. Had no luck in fixing them. Looked forward to the fact that I will be responsible for all fees and additional costs of changing said flights. Went to pawn shop; purchased handgun.
-
Got in late from band practice, where I overdubbed a bass part on Jon and Brett's song "David Lee Roth's Chest Hair." Just drifted off to sleep when Dree went ballistic from teething pain. Helped her get back down.
Woke up too early, fed Dree. Spent most of the day doing mundane company business and researching retirement investment options for Mom. Said goodbye to Dad, who's going to Chile. Paid bills. Bought fruit and vegetables for Dree and chicken for Laura. Forgot to buy ingredients for my patented White Trash Artichoke Dip, which has been requested for Bridget's going-back-to-Minnesota party tomorrow. Guess I'll be going to Ralph's later.
-
Got over a migrainey episode only to feel like I am coming down with a cold. Am hoping I will wake up tomorrow and discover that the pain in my throat was just Friday the 13th and has disappeared.
The Kitchen needs a recipe for White Trash Artichoke Dip posted, I am sure.
-
Got to work late. Spent most of the morning (and the afternoon) on the phone trying to negotiate a compromise position between HVAC contractors and electricians on a bill I'm trying to get through the legislature. Drafted yet more language. Talked on phone to legislators. Placated boss.
Had lunch at Chinese Buffet for the first time in a month, but limited myself to soup, egg foo yung and non-deep fried meats.
Worked more. Made more phone calls. Explained for the 10,000th time why license cards have not yet been mailed. Called more legislators. Caught the last 15 minutes of the Simpsons with Sideshow Bob and his brother Cecil (Sess-ill). Went to Kroger for salad fixin's. Stopped at Hallmark store for Valentines for wife and daughters. Came home.
Had dinner -- pork chop and a salad. Both were tasty. Wife is taking the night off. Went to Lowes to look for paint for the kitchen and both the upstairs and downstairs hallways. Went to K-Mart for the hell of it. Consider the selection of B-vitamins available. Did not purchase any.
Came home. Logged on. Spewed forth re: day.
-
Finally got flights figured out. Was charged only $150. Put handgun away.
-
I arrived back at the office this morning after two days of training and found that both of my bosses were absent. Double plus good. Where were they? What, i'm gonna ask like I fuckin' care? I did find out that they will be MIA for an entire week!!! Glory Hallelujah. After work I went to the MFA and saw Fritz Lang's awesome M. Just got in and am having a little leftover indian food and am going to get to bed early. If that's bad luck let it be Friday 13th. everyday.
~Paul
-
(thanks jough!)
Arose early to take the missus to work for a change. Coffee machine didn't work. Serious bummer. Dressed, left. Traffic? Light. All good. Stopped for breves at the coffee shop. Good. Arrived at work late. Meh. Analyzed data all day instead of actual programming. Bore. Lunch at a sweet new spot. Great. More data analysis, less programming. Double bore. Cut out of the office early. Woohoo. Dinner with friends at a nice place, then drinks elsewhere. Beautiful. Picked up $75 in alcohol on the way home. Prepared.
All in all, a great Friday the 13th.
Wombat, do you need a White Trash Artichoke Dip recipe? I've got one.
-
A White Trash Artichoke Dip thread has been started in the Kitchen, for those in need of White Trash Artichoke Dip recipes and folklore.
-
Had no idea it was 13 Friday. The highlight of my day was dropping by my parents' place after class, watching two back-to-back hours of The Rockford Files, and following up immediately with a belly full of ex-frozen pizza and a three-hour nap. And managing to overcome a literally paralyzing feeling of dread and procrastination to submit an assignment right under the wire.
(Also, learning that if I did have cable, my viewing habits match those of the recently unemployed and / or critically wounded. So if any of you people need to sue your employer, consolate a structured payout into Cash Now, or Pursue an Exciting Career in the High-Tech Industries, I can probably come up with like a thousand toll-free numbers for you.)
Bad luck-wise, I managed to hit each and every pocket of possible Bad Traffic on Highway "Tearing It Into Tiny fuck*ng Useless Pieces To Serve You Better, Eventually, Maybe" 59, but didn't really notice as I've just discovered the road-rage nullifying effects of Books On CD. So.
-
Had no idea it was 13 Friday. The highlight of my day was dropping by my parents' place after class, watching two back-to-back hours of The Rockford Files, and following up immediately with a belly full of ex-frozen pizza and a three-hour nap. And managing to overcome a literally paralyzing feeling of dread and procrastination to submit an assignment right under the wire.
(Also, learning that if I did have cable, my viewing habits match those of the recently unemployed and / or critically wounded. So if any of you people need to sue your employer, consolate a structured payout into Cash Now, or Pursue an Exciting Career in the High-Tech Industries, I can probably come up with like a thousand toll-free numbers for you.)
Bad luck-wise, I managed to hit each and every pocket of possible Bad Traffic on Highway "Tearing It Into Tiny fuck*ng Useless Pieces To Serve You Better, Eventually, Maybe" 59, but didn't really notice as I've just discovered the road-rage nullifying effects of Books On CD. So.
Dear God man, when are you gonna write that book?
~Paul
-
Got up with terrible debilitating back pain as is the norm these days, took a nice long hot shower, finished my new essay on the film Brief Encounter (http://cinema-review.com/films/000009/index.php), answered e-mail and IMed with a few people I'd been neglecting, got an emergency phone call from a friend who has a piece of metal stuck in her leg (the piece of metal belonging to a 1,200 lb. piece of industrial machinery) who wanted to chat while waiting for the ambulance, went to the bank to deposit my Google Adsense cheque, did a bit of food shopping, made delicous beef onion and pepper wraps for dinner, watched "Clear and Present Danger" on DVD, wrote a piece about Star Wars for a Canadian film magazine (no URL yet), and am currently watching Conan O'Brien's last show from Toronto and contemplating making some banana bread.
All in all, not a bad day, but not a great one. Just eh.