The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 05, 2003, 12:45:40 am

Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: AugustWest on August 05, 2003, 12:45:40 am
I was gonna say "my wife" but she would pound me if she found out.  

I had an enticing little stress ball for several months.  It was filled with blue liquid and that tiny little glittery stuff.  So, along with the usual tactile rush you got from squeezing the squishy object, you also got a little visual pleasuring, too.  It was my favorite squishy object, as long as it lasted.  Very popular around the office, too. But it got a tiny little pin prick and peed glittery water (at least I hope it was water) all over my desk.

Now, I guess my favorite squishy object is the jello at the Chinese buffet I frequent.  The flavor varies, but they always make it so it has that tough skin on one side and the sour and slightly crunchy undisolved jello mix on the other.  Which is precisely how I prefer my ground cow hooves (hoofs?) served.

Et tu?
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: jough on August 05, 2003, 12:48:14 am
I think any real breasts, especially if they belong to a good-looking woman.

Those silicone things are neither pleasing to the eye NOR the touch.

And I'm not even a "breast man."  But what the hell else is squishy that's so much fun?
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: slink on August 05, 2003, 12:54:00 am
Quote from: "jough"
I think any real breasts, especially if they belong to a good-looking woman.

Those silicone things are neither pleasing to the eye NOR the touch.

And I'm not even a "breast man."  But what the hell else is squishy that's so much fun?


I pretty much second all of that.
It was gonna be my answer certainly!
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: jay-ell on August 05, 2003, 03:28:13 am
Silly putty.  I can idly mess with any kind of pliable putty-like object for hours.  I'm a fidgety one, I am.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2003, 03:35:49 am
I know it's weird, but I've always liked those little water tubes that slip right out of your hand when you try to grab them. That's minutes of quality fun right there.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: jay-ell on August 05, 2003, 03:41:27 am
Oooooooooooh, yeah!  What are those things called?  

I like to put my index fingers inside like chinese hand cuffs.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: AugustWest on August 05, 2003, 05:03:20 am
Yeah!  Me too!

I like to put my index fingers in... WHAT?

Oh. They didn't mean...?  Really?  Are you sure?  

Well, OK.

Never mind.
Title: Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: V-Adore on August 05, 2003, 05:25:14 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I had an enticing little stress ball for several months.  It was filled with blue liquid and that tiny little glittery stuff.  So, along with the usual tactile rush you got from squeezing the squishy object, you also got a little visual pleasuring, too.

I have one of these, two, except that it has both a) little nubbins on the actual stress-ball bit and b) a thick rubber cord with a finger-ring, so you can propel it out at things. I've heard it called a "water yo-yo" before, and it's a frighteningly lovely tactile desk gadget.

I'm not sure if it counts as an "object," but an all-time favorite squishy substance is the "ooblik" one can make with a mixture of cornstarch and water -- one of those things that everyone made in their fifth-grade science classes. It was disgusting, it was fun, anyone could make it for about a buck, and it didn't stain anything, thus making it about as good as a squishy thing could be to a ten-year-old.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2003, 06:48:56 pm
Does anybody else remember when Cyberian Outpost (outpost.com) used to be the Greatest Website in the Free World AND Parts of Communist China? Where if you ordered by 11pm EST they'd send your shit out with FREE overnight shipping? And every order came with a yellow CB stress ball. At one point I think I had like a dozen of them shooting around my dorm room. It was glorious.

Well, and the things like Worms 2 that came with the stress balls was neat too.
Title: o.cx
Post by: satchel on August 07, 2003, 09:19:01 pm
I remember outpost.com, it was too good to last. I’ve got some yellow yo-yos of theirs.
Title: tube thingy
Post by: monkeyb on August 08, 2003, 05:42:53 am
those slip out of your hand tube thingies were called "Wet Willies", a name disturbing all on it's own.
Title: Re: tube thingy
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2003, 01:33:23 pm
Quote from: "monkeyb"
those slip out of your hand tube thingies were called "Wet Willies", a name disturbing all on it's own.


Dang, those things are phallic enough with the nomenclatural connection to Clinton.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 11, 2003, 03:02:36 am
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: slink on August 11, 2003, 03:10:32 am
Man, one of my ex's got me one of those as a present one time. All I could think was, wow, that's erm, so sweet of you dear.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: V-Adore on August 11, 2003, 03:21:56 am
Quote from: "slink"
Man, one of my ex's got me one of those as a present one time. All I could think was, wow, that's erm, so sweet of you dear.

... wow. Just... wow. I was about to ask whether this gift was given while you were dating or afterwards, but honestly, I'm not sure which is the worse option.

That does sound like an advice letter to Ray (or J) in action, though. "So, my ex-SO just bought me a Water Weenie, and, uh..."
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: slink on August 11, 2003, 03:33:44 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

... wow. Just... wow. I was about to ask whether this gift was given while you were dating or afterwards, but honestly, I'm not sure which is the worse option.


Well, I'd been about to succeed it with mentioning it was just in like, the first few weeks of our relationship too. She'd had to go away on this like, theatrey course thing for a week and came back with that. I mean she'd written to me a few times while there and we spoke on the phone so that wasn't it but you know!
Hell though, it was a hugely flawed relationship from the start!
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: V-Adore on August 11, 2003, 04:25:25 am
Okay, I think slink wins. "Having your girlfriend, in the bright new beginning of a relationship, give you a Water Weenie as a gift" may well be the saddest thing. Or at least the most pitiful thing.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: slink on August 11, 2003, 05:35:35 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Okay, I think slink wins. "Having your girlfriend, in the bright new beginning of a relationship, give you a Water Weenie as a gift" may well be the saddest thing. Or at least the most pitiful thing.


Takes a bow! The starts to weep like Phillippe when told what the saddest thing is.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: CortJstr on August 13, 2003, 01:45:44 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.


I thought a Water Weenie was when you filled up one of the long, skinny balloons with water and attached a little plastic sprayer on the end, creating a poor mans squirt gun.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: V-Adore on August 13, 2003, 02:57:16 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.


I thought a Water Weenie was when you filled up one of the long, skinny balloons with water and attached a little plastic sprayer on the end, creating a poor mans squirt gun.

That's the first I've heard of this idea, but I like it. For those days when you don't want to deal with those Super Soaker 3000x Xyber-Power monstrosities...

(The Official Unofficial Achewood MB: giving you summer fun tips right into August!)
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 13, 2003, 07:11:17 am
The BEST Poor Man's Squirt Gun is some rubber tubing, like from a lab - or the kind we used to use as tourniquets when we did blood screenings in the field...any decent pressure water source would fill those things to ungodly high pressure and they wouldn't break. Awesome.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: andalucia on August 25, 2003, 07:43:43 pm
Wet Willies?  Havent heard the term, but it hardly surprises me.

Oh man.... most.  phallic.   things.   ever.

Talk about giving me an unwanted laughing fit when I was in a potentially significant situation aged sixteen or so.  Hated them ever since.  *blush blush*
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: sjlimmer on August 25, 2003, 08:51:08 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.


I, too, have always known them by the name "Water Weenie."  Oddly enough, recently I acidentally put a hole in my Water Weenie (from Archie McPhee (http://www.mcphee.com), the bestest place on earth, or at least in Seattle) by seeting it on top of a "Here Comes A Special Girl" pin.

Hmm.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: jough on August 25, 2003, 10:26:05 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Archie McPhee (http://www.mcphee.com), the bestest place on earth, or at least in Seattle)
Hmm.


OMG.  I want a Moses action figure:

http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11089.html
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: CortJstr on August 25, 2003, 10:27:42 pm
That reminds me, one of my other favorite squishy things was from Archie McPhee: gooey glow eyes. They glow, they're sticky, and if you throw them at the wall they spread out really thin, reform, and roll down the wall. Unless it's stucco, then they just stick and leave a stain.
Title: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 26, 2003, 12:21:45 am
Quote
I, too, have always known them by the name "Water Weenie." Oddly enough, recently I acidentally put a hole in my Water Weenie (from Archie McPhee, the bestest place on earth, or at least in Seattle) by seeting it on top of a "Here Comes A Special Girl" pin.


I, too, have been in that place where a so called 'Special Girl' came along and destroyed my 'Weenie.

I grieve for you. And your Weenie.
Title: Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: iron_felix on April 10, 2007, 07:47:18 am
Wow, Archie McPhee... I forgot those guys even existed.  It saddens me that they don't stock the Bibo alarm clocks anymore (anyone else remember those?), but then I already knew that, seeing how my mom ordered the very last one in their warehouse for me for Christmas one year.  At least they still have Martian Popping Things.

Also, Water Weenies.  I remember those from middle school.  A dude in my math class was hitting on a girl I liked and let her play with his (water) weenie he had brought with him to school.  Disgruntled, I went to the store that afternoon and bought two weenies of an even greater circumference for myself.  She wanted nothing to do with them.  I guess I just let that one slip through my hands.
Title: Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: theinevitable on April 10, 2007, 08:04:54 am
this guy I know (and now hate) used to always complain about his breaking. I was really uncomfortable with this, as it was pretty obvious to me how he was breaking them. He kept buying more.
Title: Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 10, 2007, 03:57:03 pm
Felix is reading the archives.  That's neat.
Title: Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
Post by: V-Adore on April 10, 2007, 08:20:30 pm
I had totally forgotten this thread existed.

Carry on!