The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on February 16, 2004, 02:09:32 pm

Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2004, 02:09:32 pm
So can anybody see the picture?

Ray went a totally different way with the dry-humping kitty than I expected. I thought he was going to tell the guy his cat was going to end up as a lot lizard, or doing cheerleader themed porn or something and he'd just have to accept having a slutty cat. That and he used witch over bitch. Weird.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Gimpson on February 16, 2004, 02:25:22 pm
Ray was unable to properly construct an img tag.  The URL to the image he ended up posting was:

http://www.achewood.com/”^BB^&fuckFUCK^AA.jay-peg”

Wow, even the HTML in this Ray's Place is funny.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: AugustWest on February 16, 2004, 02:34:20 pm
Hey, Ray plugged Ancient Age, the distillery of which I pass by on my way to work every morning. (How's that for a poorly constructed sentence?)  Of course, around here you can throw a rock and hit a distillery.

So, whose saxophone has Ray acquired?  Coltrane?  Bird?  Sonny Rollins?  Roland Kirk?
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: V-Adore on February 16, 2004, 03:16:30 pm
I have to say I preferred the image of autoerotic asphyxiation involving clear jelly mules. Goddamn!

Also: "double nut beat down."
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 16, 2004, 04:55:49 pm
I'm fairly sure that I will be using the phrase "You are Violating" soon.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2004, 05:57:16 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Ray was unable to properly construct an img tag.  The URL to the image he ended up posting was:

http://www.achewood.com/”^BB^&fuckFUCK^AA.jay-peg”

Wow, even the HTML in this Ray's Place is funny.


That one is coming up as a 404 too
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Gimpson on February 16, 2004, 06:23:18 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Ray was unable to properly construct an img tag.  The URL to the image he ended up posting was:

http://www.achewood.com/”^BB^&fuckFUCK^AA.jay-peg”

Wow, even the HTML in this Ray's Place is funny.


That one is coming up as a 404 too


I took it as Ray trying to insert the picture and just failing miserably.  But maybe I'm reading too much into it...
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: misterhaan on February 16, 2004, 07:19:54 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I took it as Ray trying to insert the picture and just failing miserably.  But maybe I'm reading too much into it...


that's how i took it, but i still wanted to see a picture anyway :)
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 16, 2004, 07:23:12 pm
You will when the "jay-peg" file format becomes more universally recognized.

That is pretty funny, but not as funny as the Jelly mules and the chloroformed sock on a short string.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: jough on February 16, 2004, 08:55:27 pm
Okay, and this is better than a new strip... how?
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: andalucia on February 16, 2004, 09:12:26 pm
It's not, but as Ray's Places go, it's pretty classic.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: jough on February 16, 2004, 10:10:32 pm
The divining rod bit was funny, I'll give him that.

Glad to see that he's still fielding lots of liquor-related questions, since Onstad was on the Stanford Drinking Team (regional champs 1996) in college.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Lane on February 17, 2004, 04:33:12 pm
Still waiting to hear whether anyone has actually tried the Johnny Rompers recipe, as I can't tell from reading whether it would be horribly sweet or just right.  I will check it out tonight in greater detail and report back.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: V-Adore on February 17, 2004, 07:57:00 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
Still waiting to hear whether anyone has actually tried the Johnny Rompers recipe, as I can't tell from reading whether it would be horribly sweet or just right.  I will check it out tonight in greater detail and report back.

Well, wasn't the letter spawned by the author's friends actually digging on the Johnny Rompers thing? I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2004, 08:47:38 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.

No, no, no, my friend. I have drunk Hawaiian Punch mixed with vodka, directly from the plastic bottle. I truly AM the least classy drinker.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2004, 09:07:50 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.

No, no, no, my friend. I have drunk Hawaiian Punch mixed with vodka, directly from the plastic bottle. I truly AM the least classy drinker.


What, are you too wussy for liquid crack*?

*Kool-Aid and Everclear. I've also heard people say Red Bull and Everclear.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: jay-ell on February 17, 2004, 09:24:42 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.

No, no, no, my friend. I have drunk Hawaiian Punch mixed with vodka, directly from the plastic bottle. I truly AM the least classy drinker.


I have mixed $3/bottle Triple Sec with Crystal Light.  In paper cups.  

I don't know if that beats Hawaiian Punch and Vodka, but it will sure as hell make you sick.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2004, 09:34:31 pm
For years I have drunk $8.00/1.75 liter vodka on the rocks.

And liked it.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 17, 2004, 09:38:12 pm
Cheap vodka and pink grapefruit juice - it'll make a vomit.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 18, 2004, 04:21:29 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
I have mixed $3/bottle Triple Sec with Crystal Light.  In paper cups.


You, clearly, believe in Crystal Light, and more importantly you believe in you. I doff my ushanka.

I have to submit that I will give any of you fuckers a run for his or her rubles in the "least classy drinker" sweepstakes. Being a complete fuck*ng lush, I've somewhat got a leg up on the situation.

- I drink box wine. Regularly. And once traded box wine recipes with a friend online (example: the "Centrelink Special" being Fruity Lexia [a wonderful Australian box wine that is the cardboard rectangular Southern Hemisphere version of, say, Thunderbird] and sparkling mineral water). Why? WHO KNOWS

- Having run out of mix for my Cheap Vodka, I have resorted to including but not exclusively: CoffeeMate, ginger ale, Pedialyte (okay, so that is a bit shameful)

- I prefer Pearl Light and Milwaukee's Best to classier, more expensive brews. I desperately miss Emu Bitter and Hahn Ice. God only knows how that happened.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2004, 04:33:14 am
Quote from: "Foster Brooks"
Having run out of mix for my Cheap Vodka, I have resorted to including but not exclusively: CoffeeMate, ginger ale, Pedialyte (okay, so that is a bit shameful)


Mix?  What is this Mix you speak of?

Quote from: "My Fellow Egalitarian Imbiber"
- I prefer Pearl Light and Milwaukee's Best to classier, more expensive brews.


Ah, The Beast.  Gotta love it.  Also a big fan of Sterling, especially in the squat little brown bottles you can't find anymore.  The Beer That Made Evansville Famous!

Also:  Pabst, Strohs, Little Kings, 905's, Falls City and the occasional Shaeffers.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 18, 2004, 04:47:33 am
Quote from: "Drunken Master"
Mix?  What is this Mix you speak of?


I like big butts and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny
When a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face
You get sprung


Quote from: "Henry Chinaski"
The Beer That Made Evansville Famous!

Also:  Pabst, Strohs, Little Kings, 905's, Falls City and the occasional Shaeffers.


"The Beer That Made ______ Famous" is such a wonderful, underused phrase. I mean, you can stick just about anything in there and get a good result. Try it!

Natural Light. Lone Star. Schlitz. Olympia (it is, after all, The Water). I've always wanted to try Iron City (http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/bottledetail/347/) ever since I was a kid and read that issue of Secret Wars II wherein Ben Grimm drinks like cases of the stuff at a go. I figure any beer vetted by the Thing and with a metal in its name ought to be good drinkin'.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Choop on February 18, 2004, 04:49:59 am
I'll opt out of the Least Classy Olympics, thanks, as I'll only be awarded in the aftereffects rounds. I can belch better on good beer than the lot of you can on the Beast and Nasty Ice. Plus, in the hangover rounds, I'm always king.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2004, 05:12:42 am
I've had Iron City.  It was fine.  Also, what about that fine but often overlooked category of sparkling beverages -- The Malt Liquors!

Don't Say Beer, Say Bull, so to speak.  

I can still remember marvelling at how smoooov my first Bull went down.

And dare we cross that dangerous line and speak of...

dun DUN DUN!!!!




...Fortified Wines?

Ah, the many flavors of Mad Dog.  The turpentine tang of Thunderbird.  Who hasn't ridden the Night Train once or twice?  

I had one once that looked exactly like Windex.  I think it was called "Blue Diamond".  It was pretty scary.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2004, 06:32:37 am
Nobody don't like Boone's Farm.

Also, after being blown away by St_Zartan's distillation of why I really like Achewood down into some two snappy sentences, I read this:

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

- Having run out of mix for my Cheap Vodka, I have resorted to including but not exclusively: CoffeeMate, ginger ale, Pedialyte (okay, so that is a bit shameful).


Why does everything I love have to die?
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 18, 2004, 07:06:53 am
Anyone that uses pedialyte as a mixer gets my vote.

I'm waiting for August to say something like Colt45 and Metamucil...


Anyone else here have the college privilege of buying a case of Black Label with rolled pennies?

That cheap stuff gave me the shits every time. Maybe I should have mixed it with Immodium.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2004, 02:00:24 pm
My mom used to drink I.C. Light exclusively. She was sad when we moved to NoVa and nobody had heard of it.

At the New Year's '01 concert I went to (2001, A Punk Odyssey) we were given a Natty Boh toast and midnight. When they took a drink several people twitched like a first-timer taking a money shot.
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: jay-ell on February 18, 2004, 05:54:30 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
twitched like a first-timer taking a money shot


Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Pedialyte


*weeps*
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: Lane on February 18, 2004, 08:29:56 pm
Ahem, yes, well, at any rate I cannot compete for Least Classy Drinker of All Time,™ and I thought the Johnny Romper was bloody awful.  Waste of a good Guinness.  Fortunately, the ingredients are quite good when drunk separately, so the evening was not itself a waste (from what I can gather from the next morning's reports, personal recollection not apparently being an option).
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 20, 2004, 04:55:11 am
Quote from: "jldunston, about sixty-ten times throughout the Board,"
*weeps*


It's like she's just challenging me to use this unprecedented flood of Den Momma tears as a Theme Ingredient in my next horrifying "cocktail".
Title: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
Post by: jay-ell on February 20, 2004, 07:22:54 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "jldunston, about sixty-ten times throughout the Board,"
*weeps*


It's like she's just challenging me to use this unprecedented flood of Den Momma tears as a Theme Ingredient in my next horrifying "cocktail".


I like how you guys are getting creative with the "quote" tags.  It's enough to make a Den Momma...

...um, not weep?

"Mom-mom had this big ol' weepin' eye that never closed."