The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on February 17, 2004, 01:56:39 am

Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 17, 2004, 01:56:39 am
I thought it may be nice to try to collect Achewood Catch Phrases in a thread.  Note that just because a phrase appears in Achewood (the comics, serialiser, or Ray's Place, etc.) it does not necessarily qualify.  It has to be an Onstad-coinage, or at least not in common use elsewhere.

Please, POST ONLY ONE (1) PHRASE PER POST.

(That way they're easier to count later).

I'll start:

You are Violating.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: slink on February 17, 2004, 02:19:55 am
I vote in:

"What is the saddest thing?"

It's only been used, what, twice? But it is so obviously Achewood.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2004, 02:41:24 am
Rad Chilis
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Ben-San on February 17, 2004, 02:52:46 am
Here comes a special boy!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Choop on February 17, 2004, 03:24:57 am
The Dude Owns Property
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 17, 2004, 03:26:44 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Rad Chilis


Dude, I said no dick euphemisms.  There are too many.

I'll add another:

"Philippe is standing on it."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Choop on February 17, 2004, 03:35:11 am
As I understood it, Rad Chilis is not a dick euphemism. It's a balls euphemism. Also: Bozack.


Ahem: "Hey hey I'm Roast Beef dontcha know" (complete with pistol-fingers (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03102003))
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 17, 2004, 03:45:30 am
Okay, no private parts euphemisms.  That will be another thread.

Here's one:

"Six kinds of nasty."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jay-ell on February 17, 2004, 03:47:17 am
Mad Rutty.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jay-ell on February 17, 2004, 03:47:42 am
Also, 'maxed.  

As in, "Spelled his name in smoke just as he 'maxed."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2004, 04:01:27 am
basically like treasure
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2004, 04:02:01 am
worst song played on ugliest guitar

(it's caught on IRL with some people, anyway)
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2004, 04:02:44 am
Boo to that!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2004, 04:09:01 am
Life is Awesome
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Choop on February 17, 2004, 04:13:14 am
You. Are. Rad.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on February 17, 2004, 04:35:02 am
Sort of a meta-catchphrase, but the use of "all" as a connector for clauses -- "all Adidas and stuff, all weed in his hat, all smokin' outside the 7-11 til the guy yells at him, all driving home loaded and feeling vague regret."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2004, 06:10:20 am
do you think you can hang with the dirtiest dudes in town?
ha, also:
Quote from: "CortJstr"
worst song played on ugliest guitar
(it's caught on IRL with some people, anyway)

That was actually on a Valentine I sent out this year.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on February 17, 2004, 07:22:50 am
In terms of things that have seen RL usage, I should point out that a quote from the first book describing those who regard Achewood "like a hoss regarding a banjo" has turned into an element of slang hereabouts. "Look, honey, you know I hoss-banjo all this Linux distro stuff!"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: starlight on February 17, 2004, 10:17:47 am
Everybody dance like there's ass in your p.a.n.t.s*

[edit:  I had to write it that way cause for some reason it wouldn't post the word ...arrrr.  I hate censors]
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: palm trees on February 17, 2004, 10:51:51 am
hell of decrepit
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 17, 2004, 12:58:40 pm
will you be my girlfriend Molly
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 17, 2004, 03:18:17 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
will you be my girlfriend Molly


Now how is someone asking someone else to be his/her girlfriend Achewood-specific?

I mean, honestly.

Okay, here's another one:

It's a perfect... logo.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 17, 2004, 03:21:01 pm
it is impossible to have a good day
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 17, 2004, 03:21:17 pm
what we need more of is science
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: slink on February 17, 2004, 03:22:25 pm
Seven kinky.

Oh, and I and a now a couple of people I know use "Stay off the beach, Pat".
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on February 17, 2004, 03:35:32 pm
split on green!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2004, 03:48:04 pm
You cold have a peter in your mouth.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2004, 04:19:43 pm
GODDAMMIT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT MY PROBLEMS?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 17, 2004, 04:23:39 pm
THE PUNISHMENT FOR TWO-TIMING IN THIS STATE IS...

INCREDIBLE DEATH
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Lane on February 17, 2004, 04:36:17 pm
Do you think it is rad to have alcoholism?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 17, 2004, 04:57:21 pm
Don't thank me, thank anarchy!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Limmo on February 17, 2004, 05:14:57 pm
your hams are big and unfashionable but I am down
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2004, 05:15:15 pm
Don't wear a cape!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Limmo on February 17, 2004, 05:18:44 pm
Hell yes I can still sport wood!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 17, 2004, 05:24:33 pm
This man, he has sex appeal of biscut with two shits inside.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 17, 2004, 05:25:14 pm
It's already ringing.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2004, 05:47:38 pm
No! No! I'm sorry! None of those terms mean anything to me!

Also, welcome Mantonio, nice name!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 17, 2004, 05:56:58 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
will you be my girlfriend Molly


Now how is someone asking someone else to be his/her girlfriend Achewood-specific?


It's not just the asking, it's asking in a mousy/smaller text/italicized kind of voice.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2004, 06:00:27 pm
have my retarded baby...
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 17, 2004, 06:29:39 pm
WHOO! I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the fuck*ng POLICE right now!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 17, 2004, 07:02:51 pm
While I don't use this phrase myself (not that there's anything wrong with it), and it may tangentially violate the rules, it's always nice to hear "I dig boners" once in awhile.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Ben-San on February 17, 2004, 07:21:06 pm
"I wouldn't let a damn molecule of my dick touch you".

..it's specialized, but I've seen it getting use.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jsb on February 17, 2004, 08:30:17 pm
"Why can't i wake up with the gin already in me?"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 17, 2004, 10:18:11 pm
A turd with a bullet in it ain't exactly five o'clock news, Ray.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: wombat on February 17, 2004, 10:26:49 pm
Sometimes I say, "My basal nervous system wants" something.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 17, 2004, 10:34:21 pm
Suckin' dick bought this van
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Choop on February 17, 2004, 11:07:31 pm
We've incorporated into our standard lexicon the following:

I think my heart's explodin'! These ______(s)!

Where anything plural can fill in the blank.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 17, 2004, 11:15:27 pm
Killin' is a special thing you do when you want someone to die.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 17, 2004, 11:46:41 pm
The Cure is silly! It is silly to like the Cure!
you can replace "The Cure" with basically anything, you know, what have you and whatnot.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 17, 2004, 11:55:48 pm
Frank had a dream. A household dream.
The sun has made a note of his face.

Tomorrow has made a phone call to today.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: palm trees on February 18, 2004, 01:25:29 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
You cold have a peter in your mouth.


i actually used that to explain why jesus called simon "simon who is called peter". it was because jesus didn't actually like him.

also, the band cold peter. (anyone ever check them out?)

it is totally a catchphrase.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: palm trees on February 18, 2004, 01:27:16 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
WHOO! I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the fuck*ng POLICE right now!


haha. still my favourite achewood line ever.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 18, 2004, 03:31:39 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
No! No! I'm sorry! None of those terms mean anything to me!

Also, welcome Mantonio, nice name!


Why thanks!  The particular name of Mantonio is not my own creation, though.  I borrowed it from this strip here: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242003 .  Honestly, I don't know why I picked that moniker, as the dude is clearly not a role model.  The strip does have a line that should suit the purposes of this thread, though:

"Was some gay magician having a garage sale?"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 18, 2004, 03:32:25 am
I don't really like...meals.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 18, 2004, 03:33:31 am
Why oh why did someone have to screw a monkey?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 18, 2004, 03:34:17 am
A snake rode a motorcycle seven miles!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 18, 2004, 05:37:29 am
Who's this blowjob?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 18, 2004, 05:39:53 am
We TALKED about this!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 18, 2004, 05:40:41 am
Subway would PUNISH.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 18, 2004, 05:55:37 am
Quote from: "jough"
Subway would PUNISH.


All Italian BMT with mustard on both sides
All parmesan oregano bread
All Baked Lay's


Is it lame that this strip actually inspired me to go out and get a goddamned Italian BMT on parmesan oregano bread? That damned all list has got some fuck*ng infective prosody.

That's probably what makes Achewood so addictive, when you boil it right down; Onstad can turn a phrase to stick in your head like few before him. I actually spent a few days using "all parmesan oregano bread" as a catch-all complimentary.

SEE ALSO: Oregon Trail, punishing at
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2004, 06:28:30 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
That's probably what makes Achewood so addictive, when you boil it right down; Onstad can turn a phrase to stick in your head like few before him.


Way to boil that shit down, St_Z. It's just like that, and no shit.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: The Moose King on February 18, 2004, 09:08:46 am
I remember reading where some guy was talking about some really bad electronic music, and he said, "How do you know a r-o-b-o-t's ass is bad?  It just looks like this."

"Boo to that", as mentioned before, is probably of more universal applicability.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: The Moose King on February 18, 2004, 09:11:30 am
"I'm the guy who sucks.  Plus I got depression."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: palm trees on February 18, 2004, 10:41:28 am
Quote from: "The Moose King"
"Boo to that", as mentioned before, is probably of more universal applicability.


heh definitely. all the time. also:

Aww, so I had my slant on. Lay off me.

catch-all for drunken behaviour.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: slink on February 18, 2004, 01:55:14 pm
Bone, bone, bone, though it need be accompanied by the dance. What a dance!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on February 18, 2004, 04:21:48 pm
Does "sux teh coq" count? It's not from the strip, but it's definitely para-Achewood.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2004, 05:29:05 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Does "sux teh coq" count? It's not from the strip, but it's definitely para-Achewood.


No that's 133t. Dumbrellite starting using it in a mocking way but have now adopted it for real. Some of the transfers to our forum kept it up.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jay-ell on February 18, 2004, 05:52:00 pm
One that has become common parlance around our house, anyway:

"Ha, ha!  More like 'you're welcome!'"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2004, 06:04:19 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
One that has become common parlance around our house, anyway:

"Ha, ha!  More like 'you're welcome!'"


You broke the pattern. You were supposed to say "*weeps*"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 18, 2004, 06:17:25 pm
My I entreat my lady to play at whist?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on February 18, 2004, 10:33:38 pm
I realize the l33tish origins of "sux teh coq," but I hadn't heard that particular phraseology until the Acheboard.

On-topic: YOU ARE A RAD FRIEND. YOU! ARE! RAD!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 19, 2004, 12:27:29 am
Bitches gotta takes their cunt pills!

shit, i knew there was a rekindled achwood forum out there. sweet.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: slink on February 19, 2004, 01:08:27 am
That's... quite a first post!

Oh, and;
"I got rabies. I got Aids. And I need to take a dump real bad."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: doomglobe on February 19, 2004, 03:55:21 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Rad Chilis


Dude, I said no dick euphemisms.  There are too many.

I'll add another:

"Philippe is standing on it."

that is a c*ck euphemism. Hell all of achewood is a private parts euphemism. if you make rules like that all these phrases are void.


Also:
'because of a problem?'
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 19, 2004, 04:05:05 am
Quote from: "slink"
That's... quite a first post!


Agreed, Hell of an effort, there, Sailor.

How about:


WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRITATTA???
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 19, 2004, 04:13:40 am
I AM in hell, when I look at your website!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 19, 2004, 04:15:20 am
. . . promising a broken egg that it will still be a chicken someday.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jay-ell on February 19, 2004, 04:22:25 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
. . . promising a broken egg that it will still be a chicken someday.


....and that they'll play together in a field when it gets better...

*weeps*
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 19, 2004, 06:34:59 am
I love speaking English very much!
I love it a thousand times!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on February 19, 2004, 06:36:13 am
Well thorry! I jutht thought I'd athk!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 19, 2004, 06:45:27 am
Slip him your sex pocket.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: palm trees on February 19, 2004, 01:16:18 pm
Man I don't need no free thousand hours of AOL
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 19, 2004, 04:48:31 pm
Whatever, fag.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 19, 2004, 04:52:26 pm
I like  way Vlad always pronounces words endink in -ing with -ink. e.g:

"Shower cap when usink computer, to keep hairs out of keyboard."

Man, I miss those r.o.b.o.t.s.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 19, 2004, 04:55:50 pm
Hey! Who put a hair on my dang nacho's!? I really wanted to eat these!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 19, 2004, 04:56:49 pm
You must be Santa's dad!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 19, 2004, 06:18:29 pm
Buyer tries to stab me. Signs me up for so much spam

Believe it or not, I use this all the time, with the named irritant replacing "buyer".
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Apenotmonkey on February 19, 2004, 07:58:08 pm
I'M SORRY DR. KISSES!

Kinda seems redundant

oh my god she has got scoliosis

Rude titties
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 19, 2004, 08:03:52 pm
That's a pretty good first post, too. Cheers, and welcome.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 19, 2004, 08:22:22 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Buyer tries to stab me. Signs me up for so much spam

Believe it or not, I use this all the time, with the named irritant replacing "buyer".


I may actually use this for a negative feedback I am going to leave for someone later.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 19, 2004, 08:23:51 pm
Well, I'm crossing my fingers.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 19, 2004, 09:26:00 pm
Arrrhh! Me hates ye!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 19, 2004, 09:28:25 pm
and my favorite:

IT'S ALL CHING CHONG WING WONG
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Apenotmonkey on February 19, 2004, 10:41:38 pm
Thanks, nabubrush.  Hi there, everyone.  I've been a fan of Achewood for a long time, as well a lot of the Dumbrella sites... been (mostly) a lurker on the Dumbrella boards/this board for a while as well.  So... um... yeah.  Hello!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 19, 2004, 11:03:38 pm
hella yellin about the sex!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 20, 2004, 02:38:31 am
Quote from: "Apenotmonkey"
Thanks, nabubrush.  Hi there, everyone.  I've been a fan of Achewood for a long time, as well a lot of the Dumbrella sites... been (mostly) a lurker on the Dumbrella boards/this board for a while as well.  So... um... yeah.  Hello!


Welcome.

And to you also, Sailor.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: palm trees on February 20, 2004, 03:15:06 am
Quote from: "sailor"
and my favorite:

IT'S ALL CHING CHONG WING WONG

in every way possible that is so awesome
i love that so much
i love this thread, it makes me think of so many good strips.



ILLEGAL
GHOST
BIKES
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 20, 2004, 04:44:45 am
Just now I realized that I really would have liked to see the soft dick catch on. Not exactly the sort of thing I'd get to use all that often ("The self-help books are in and around the 150's and that is the soft dick on the Dewey Decimal System") but it would be just so delightful to be able to trot that one out every now and then.

NEXT STOP: THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: beetle on February 20, 2004, 10:03:45 am
HOLY CHRIST IS
THAT AN ALIVE
STUFFED ANIMAL
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jay-ell on February 20, 2004, 06:43:46 pm
"A screaming person who?"

"Oh, my!  What a greusome car accident!"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: ferocious j on February 20, 2004, 10:10:10 pm
"Plus you probably want to get it on with me like a hundred times in one day"
Title: Mac
Post by: foolio on February 20, 2004, 11:46:29 pm
"Dang man it looks like they got Jeff Goldblum writin' the ads AND the OS"

"Talk about a computer which basically has AIDS"
Title: Beef
Post by: foolio on February 20, 2004, 11:53:37 pm
"I look like some guy who chooses fonts for a living"
Title: Re: Mac
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2004, 02:59:43 am
Quote from: "foolio"
"Dang man it looks like they got Jeff Goldblum writin' the ads AND the OS"

"Talk about a computer which basically has AIDS"


Those fuck*ng killed me when I read that strip. I sent it to my brother (who was selling macs at the time) and he basically said "meh".
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on February 21, 2004, 05:06:58 am
Does Unix have eBay?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: beetle on February 21, 2004, 09:30:38 am
YOU MAKE ME
DO IT IN MY
P.ANTS       : (

       GOOD BYE
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2004, 03:24:37 pm
"It is impossible to have a good day."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jough on February 21, 2004, 07:55:15 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
"It is impossible to have a good day."


Dammit, people, we did that one already.

God DAMMIT why do you kids always have to be so STUPID.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: jay-ell on February 21, 2004, 08:22:14 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
"It is impossible to have a good day."


Dammit, people, we did that one already.

God DAMMIT why do you kids always have to be so STUPID.


Not the buckle, daddy
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 21, 2004, 10:28:46 pm
Oh! that is truly the limit!

A dollar for a shot of Scope?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 21, 2004, 10:40:37 pm
"It seems like there is a difference between e-mail and the Internet. Is that right?"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 21, 2004, 11:17:21 pm
"you a real Super-sized homo jackass!"

ok, no more.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: sailor on February 21, 2004, 11:30:17 pm
"It ain't like you just fucked up your recycling!"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on February 22, 2004, 03:49:19 am
How about a timely, Fred G. Sanfordesque one:

"Since you such a dummy."
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 22, 2004, 07:36:27 pm
"I do not envy you the months of life you will waste talking with 12 year-old scat fetishists from Los Angeles.

Unless that's "your thing." "
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Flenker on February 22, 2004, 08:47:05 pm
Until you are the nudest you are ever being
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Flenker on February 22, 2004, 08:49:31 pm
Philippe
Wipe My Ass
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: side_show on February 22, 2004, 09:33:31 pm
"Huuugs!"

We use this one around the house a lot, always followed by, well, a hug.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 26, 2004, 08:13:00 pm
All cats can man the throne. Ain't no thing... ...but a chickens wing.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 26, 2004, 08:22:40 pm
You should not be proud of your career!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 26, 2004, 08:23:38 pm
You were like the Martha Stewart of condoms.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 26, 2004, 08:29:46 pm
Hmmm...Only if you shower together.  I need some pictures to sell on the Internet.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on February 26, 2004, 08:34:37 pm
Oh man if Tori Amos were here right now she would need so many hugs from me
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Formica on February 28, 2004, 09:27:04 pm
"Shut up, old computer! Shut up, whore computer!"

If it wasn't for that guest appearance, I dunno if I ever would have discovered Achewood.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: arlucasinc on March 01, 2004, 05:01:04 pm
"I think about her in my private moments"
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: linnea on March 16, 2004, 03:40:46 pm
Hee! I am glad that I found this forum.

Awesome. AWESOME!!

this [forum] is basically like treasure.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 16, 2004, 10:56:05 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
Hee! I am glad that I found this forum.

Awesome. AWESOME!!

this [forum] is basically like treasure.


I don't recall which strip this quote comes from.

~Paul
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 17, 2004, 03:16:05 am
Oh yeah i'd forgotten that one.  Welcome Linnear.

~Paul
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on March 17, 2004, 05:30:11 am
No one in science would.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: linnea on March 17, 2004, 02:43:08 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "linnea"
Hee! I am glad that I found this forum.

Awesome. AWESOME!!

this [forum] is basically like treasure.


I don't recall which strip this quote comes from.

~Paul


Yes, Asherdan noted the Beef on the moon storyline--Beef is on the phone to Ray, telling him about how the show Cheers is basically like treasure.

The "Awesome. AWESOME!!" quote is from the very first Ray's Place strip (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=06112003&allnav=1):
 
Quote from: "Ray"

My question is whether or not I should be getting it on with one of my professors. I mean, she is a total fox, and she's giving me those eyes all the time. Man, you know what I mean. The problem is though, that it isn't very professional, and I guess we could both get in lots of trouble. —T.P., California

Dear T.P.,

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: St_Zartan on March 17, 2004, 04:26:01 pm
Quote from: "linnea"

The "Awesome. AWESOME!!" quote is from the very first Ray's Place strip (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=06112003&allnav=1):


Oh dear God. It's like Ray wants you to imagine him cheering you on the next time you Make the Sex.

TRY GETTING THAT IMAGE OUT OF YOUR HEADS
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Bozack on March 17, 2004, 05:33:36 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Try THAT image!

I'm sure this has already been quoted, but BOO TO THAT!
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: V-Adore on March 17, 2004, 07:21:26 pm
Wow. I now officially know overly much about Asherdan's sex life.

But hey, whatever makes your and your special person's day.
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Reverend Sam on March 17, 2004, 10:57:45 pm
no sir, this is nothing short of a revolution
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: A Theoretical Nose on March 18, 2004, 02:16:07 am
I do so like The Cure "for real!"

(Shunted over from Dumbrella. Hi.

For some reason Achewood is funniest when making fun of things I like.)

Say, you're kind of liberal, right? Kind of listenin' to The Cure and stuff?

Seriously, man! Who writes this shit? Nerdy bitches on speed?
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: A Theoretical Nose on March 18, 2004, 02:16:50 am
Prison is supposed to be a really hard place to get out of
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2004, 03:40:32 am
Quote from: "A Theoretical Nose"


For some reason Achewood is funniest when making fun of things I like.


plus

Quote from: "Rhinus Theoreticus"

Prison...


=

???????
Title: Achewood Catch Phrases (Not Including Dick Euphemisms)
Post by: Mantonio on March 18, 2004, 06:58:01 am
Step Up And Act Like A Dad (S.A.L.A.D.).