The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Choop on February 18, 2004, 04:55:08 am

Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 18, 2004, 04:55:08 am
Okay, here's a fun game, and more for the asker than the answerer: come up with a band name, album title and 11-15 tracks which are verbatim dialogue from a movie. A genre or motif for the soundtrack is optional, and should have nothing to do with the movie. Then, people guess the movie- and the correct answerer posts one. I'll start with a German thrash-metal rip-core band from the mid-90's.

The Path of the Righteous: Did I Break Your Concentration?

01: Did I Break Your Concentration?
02: I'm Gonna Get Medieval on your Ass.
03: Tony Rocky Horror
04: Beer in a Movie Theatre
05: Royale with Cheese.
06: "What" Ain't no Country I Ever Heard of
07: Ezekiel 25:17
08: Does He Look Like a Bitch?
09: Then Why'd You Try to Fuck Him Like a Bitch?!
10: Racecar in the Red
11: Mushroomcloud Layin' Motherfucker
12: Watch up His Ass
13: Clean the Fuckin' Car
14: Itty-bitty Pieces of Skull and Brain

Good luck!
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: St_Zartan on February 18, 2004, 05:13:48 am
My guess is Pulp Fiction. I COULD BE WRONG

Here's one, easy to guess, that I did more for the fun of doing it; this is an all-instrumental techno / industrial band circa 1996. Their liner notes (which no one has actually read) are full of right-wing socio-political invective and they are best remembered for being sampled by far better musicians. The brains of the band, long since dissolved, is now trying to incorporate physiological ultrasonics into IDM. GOOD fuck*ng LUCK

Autobahn: Nobody Fucks With The Jesus

01. Obviously You're Not A Golfer
02. The Bums Lost
03. Suck Your Cock For A Thousand Dollars
04. A Show Dog With fuck*ng Papers
05. This Is Not Vietnam
06. Strong Men Also Cry
07. Eight Year Olds
08. Her Life Is In Your Hands
09. When You Fuck A Stranger In The Ass
10. He Fixes The Cable
11. I Can Get You A Toe
12. We Believe In Nothing
13. Stay Out Of Malibu
14. Bush League Psych-Out Shit
15. The Dude Abides
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jough on February 18, 2004, 05:19:05 am
Obviously the Big Lebowski.  And that's not just like, my opinion, man.

Okay, mine's pretty easy too if you've seen the film.  

The band is a neo-dadaist self-help guru who believes that all things are eventual.

Nameless Numberhead Man: Idea Missing

1. Maximum Busy Muscle
2. Generic Greeting
3. Failure and Hospitalization
4. Nose Army
5. It's Your Fault, Not Ours
6. Beef Diaper
7. Generic Greeting Returned
8. Having an Affair with My Own Wife
9. Mellow Rhubarb Turbine
10. Eventualism
11. A Spiritual Element is Missing
12. 8 hours, Your Brother, $15,000
13. Dear Attractive Woman #2
14. Nomenclature
15. Drum Tissue Outburst
16. Throbbing Dust Generation
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Limmo on February 18, 2004, 05:42:57 am
Schizopolis.  I am now the happiest man in my #####.

I don't have a copy of my film handy, but most of these quotes should be right:

Our featured artist is a bad-ass.  He's into ballroom dancing and pornography.

Felix LaPoubelle: Shred It

1. You Wanna Go...Someplace Else?
2. Bobby Beemer
3. My Neurophysiologist
4. Budapest: City of Cathedrals
5. Queens of the Hotel Hit
6. You Ponder!
7. Leslie Glasser Owns a Cheese Shop
8. Cilantro For the Liver, Onions For the Blood
9. The "I've Peaked and I'm Kidding Myself" Party
10.  Her Hair Looks Really Nice
11. No Way, I Have Scruples
12. Because We Are Not Assassins
13. Yeah, Marv, Where Ya Been?
14. Nobody Chooses When
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2004, 06:36:16 am
OK, I'm new here and if you know me you know I don't actually read the posts, but I would like to buy that first album ok thx.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 18, 2004, 07:13:19 am
That APPEARS to be the splendid John Cusack vehicle Grosse Pointe Blank.
Okay, our group is an early 80's punk band from the Midwest. Have fun!

The Autoparts- W.S.P.*, Just Like Me!
1. Tense Situations
2. Dildo Punks!
3. Credit
4. Plate O' Shrimp
5. John Wayne Was a Fag
6. Natural Causes
7. BLAMMO
8. Room to Move (As a Fry Clerk)
9. God Wants Your Money
10. Goggle-box
11. Made Them Myself
12. Some Crimes
13. I Can't Believe (I Used to Like This Band)

*White Suburban Punk
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 18, 2004, 07:42:18 am
Ahhh, Repo Man.


Here is a Country Duo not unlike Brooks and Dunne except that they suck.
 
The albums is Live from the Rollercade: Jersey City 1999



1. I'm Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today
2. Chewlies
3. What's a Snowball?
4. 37 Dicks
5. Asian Design Major
6. Happy Scrappy Hero Pup
7. Any Balls Down There?
8. Biggest Pair You've Ever Seen, Dingleberry
9. Chicks with Dicks that Put Mine to Shame
10. Broke His Neck Trying to Suck His Own Dick
11. Shark is in the Salsa
12. You had Sex with a Dead Guy
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: wombat on February 18, 2004, 12:09:00 pm
Youall have done what I thought was impossible: Made me sad that I don't give a damn about movies, because now I can't play this game.

Carry on. *sniff*
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 18, 2004, 12:57:56 pm
Sounds like Clerks to me.

Can't post right now. Someone else carry the torch for a minute, I'll be back later.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: slink on February 18, 2004, 02:09:45 pm
Paranoid Terror - A Savage Experience

1: Z on your forehead
2: Throbbing Uncircumsized Member
3: A Pint of Raw Ether
4: 90 Through Barstow
5: The Bill Was A Factor
6: My Attorney Was Gone
7: T-Shades
8: A Telegram To The Right People
9: Some People Like Nixon Too
10: Burning The Locals
11: Forced Consciousness Expansion
12: Did They Pay You To Screw That Bear?

I wanted to mention the breasts but I can watch it 'cause it's region 1 and my rom is not hacked yet.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 18, 2004, 03:13:01 pm
That sounds like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Not completely sure, so please confirm for me before I make a list.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: slink on February 18, 2004, 03:17:56 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
That sounds like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Not completely sure, so please confirm for me before I make a list.


It is. I was going to do something else but I couldn't remember the particular line that the decision rested on. I might do it later instead.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 18, 2004, 03:23:52 pm
Right on.  
This one's too easy, but it's fun.  I give you Elephant Books, by mid-80's cheesy sleazy pop-metal band the Mattress Police.
1.  Frieda's Boss
2.  I'll Fill You In
3.  Cup o' Hot Fat
4.  Strangers in My #####
5.  Lease With an Option to Buy
6.  A Spleen That Large
7.  Shoulda Seen My Shoes
8.  Five, Ten Minutes Tops
9.  Tierra Del Fuego
10. Morris or Pierre?
11. Ball Bearings
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: V-Adore on February 18, 2004, 04:10:40 pm
I think I would love this thread more were it not a game that required me to get one right to get to post. (also if all the easy movies had not already been guessed correctly. Bah.)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jough on February 18, 2004, 04:15:23 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Youall have done what I thought was impossible: Made me sad that I don't give a damn about movies, because now I can't play this game.


You... you don't give a damn about movies?  Wombat, I don't know if you could still be my internet crush, given this new information.

If you post something else witty or funny later in the day, I *may* be able to forget about this.  But I don't know... I mean, how could you not care about humanity's greatest achievement in art thus far?

Of course, I don't care about hairless rodents either, so I guess it just would never work between us.

Still...

sigh
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 18, 2004, 04:44:40 pm
Damn you, Choop, for coming up with this game.  I just spent an hour coming up with lists.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jay-ell on February 18, 2004, 06:01:14 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
OK, I'm new here and if you know me you know I don't actually read the posts, but I would like to buy that first album ok thx.


*weeps*
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: wombat on February 18, 2004, 06:10:21 pm
Quote from: "jough"

 But I don't know... I mean, how could you not care about humanity's greatest achievement in art thus far?


Well, I do understand that it's probably something wrong with me, not something wrong with movies.  If that helps.  

Still it would never work between us because I have had more than enough of the messageboard-tyrant crush thing in my life and therefore you are strictly off limits.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jough on February 18, 2004, 06:11:38 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Still it would never work between us because I have had more than enough of the messageboard-tyrant crush thing in my life and therefore you are strictly off limits.


We'll always have the Internet.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 18, 2004, 06:29:53 pm
Quote from: "jough"
We'll always have the Internet.

Best. Line. Ever.

Carlos, that would be Fletch. Using the whole fist, doc?
And, because it would take me too long to come up with another one, I cede my turn to V-Adore, who apparently is just BUGGIN' for a chance to post one :)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: wombat on February 18, 2004, 06:33:33 pm
Quote from: "jough"
We'll always have the Internet.


At least I recognize that that's a movie reference. Not that it amounts to a hill of beans.

Now, back on topic, people, I could tell it was brilliant even in my ignorance.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 18, 2004, 07:15:37 pm
I got more, if V isn't up to the task.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on February 18, 2004, 08:31:50 pm
Vigorous Robusto (an Italian Ska/Punk/Klezmer/Fusion Orchestra) presents Chocolate Sandwich:

1 There's Nothing to Smile About
2 We need Your British Honey
3 Unlucky!
4 That's Where I'm Going (Straight to the Top)
5 Are you Rich?
6 Tom Paine Denied God
7 Meat When Cheap
8 Do You Believe that Chidren are the Future? (Yes....No)
9 Try Not to Die Like A Dog
10 Fair Dues
11 You never Know (Try Your Luck)

This one is either totally obvious or needlessly obscure.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2004, 10:03:16 pm
I don't see how someone could do Fletch and not give the band the name "Poon".
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2004, 10:10:36 pm
They were originally named Poon, but the Comanche Indians protested so they had to change it.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 18, 2004, 10:37:34 pm
I thought it would be way too obvious.  If nobody got it in a day or so, I was going to post, "The import version comes with the bonus tracks 'What Kind of a Name is Poon?' and 'Mister Sinalinalin.'"
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 19, 2004, 01:10:29 am
Wasn't that album produced by John Cocktostann?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 19, 2004, 03:38:28 am
PST, I'm totally stuck on that one. Any bonus tracks or hidden CD-ROM features?

By the way, y'all should feel free to post others while one is in session.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2004, 04:56:07 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jough"
We'll always have the Internet.


At least I recognize that that's a movie reference. Not that it amounts to a hill of beans.

Now, back on topic, people, I could tell it was brilliant even in my ignorance.


I think someone is playing dumb.

~Paul
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2004, 04:57:30 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Here is a Country Duo not unlike Brooks and Dunne except that they suck.


How does that differ from Brooks and Dunn?

~Paul
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 19, 2004, 06:24:00 am
This is an LP (because it's late, and I'm tired) by a late-80's, early-90's stoner rock band, who toured with Camper Van Beethoven.

Pansy- "648, Damn"
1. 60% of Yokohama
2. Please Do You Have?
3. Ate My Plum
4. One Leg
5. Sam & Dave
6. Elvis' Comb
7. Lansky's
8. Danger, Will Robinson!
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: wombat on February 19, 2004, 11:34:05 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"


I think someone is playing dumb.


I wish.  It's actually even worse than I thought - I would have said that Repo Man was one of my favorite movies, but I didn't recognize any of those lines.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2004, 12:34:19 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jough"
We'll always have the Internet.


At least I recognize that that's a movie reference. Not that it amounts to a hill of beans.

Now, back on topic, people, I could tell it was brilliant even in my ignorance.


I think someone is playing dumb.

~Paul


Quote from: "wombat"
I wish. It's actually even worse than I thought - I would have said that Repo Man was one of my favorite movies, but I didn't recognize any of those lines.


I was refering to the fact that you were claiming to not know that Jough was paraphrasing the closing scene from Casablanca while slyly quoting the same scene.  I just wanted to let you know I was on to you.

Here's the complete quote courtesy of IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/quotes):

Rick:  We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you.
Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid.

~Paul
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on February 19, 2004, 03:20:57 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
PST, I'm totally stuck on that one. Any bonus tracks or hidden CD-ROM features?

By the way, y'all should feel free to post others while one is in session.


Hmmm, lemme see. Sez here on the sleeve that some of the tracks were produced by Alan Price and offers special thanks to "Mick Travis and the staff of the Imperial Coffee Company".
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 19, 2004, 03:44:25 pm
OK, I figured it out via IMDB, and it's a movie I've never heard of.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on February 19, 2004, 03:54:09 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
This is an LP (because it's late, and I'm tired) by a late-80's, early-90's stoner rock band, who toured with Camper Van Beethoven.

Pansy- "648, Damn"
1. 60% of Yokohama
2. Please Do You Have?
3. Ate My Plum
4. One Leg
5. Sam & Dave
6. Elvis' Comb
7. Lansky's
8. Danger, Will Robinson!


Mystery Train. You are rad.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 19, 2004, 04:21:49 pm
Here's another one that's probably too easy, but I really like how it came out.  Hard-drinkin' country act Doyle Hargreaves and the Bunch of Losers, What the Hell You Doin' With That Hammer?  They sound an awful lot like Dwight Yoakam.
1.  Antique Furniture and Midgets
2.  Some Folks Call It Hell
3.  You Ain't No Kin to Me
4.  Stuart Drives A Comfortable Car (There's Usually Someone in the Trunk)
5.  Woulda Had Fun Some Times
6.  Employee of the Month at the Dollar Store
7.  Go Get My Guitar  (It's Out There With That Looney Toon)
8.  Another Couple Cans o' That Potted Meat
9.  I Believe One Fella Come from Arkansas
10. An Ambulance or a Hearst
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 19, 2004, 04:28:06 pm
Ha, that IS a really good one, Carlos. Sling Blade it is. I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody, MMM.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 19, 2004, 05:55:03 pm
Did you get the Prince-written bonus track on that copy? It's called "U Check M Points" - it's kind of meh.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 19, 2004, 06:18:02 pm
Dudes!  I can't believe you've forgotten about HYDDYN SCEPTYRE's soundtrack album!  Rawk AWN!!!!

One Pussy Song
Massive Upper Body Strength
You Gack
The Schnappster
Ding
Ice Cube Tray/Lemonade
Under the Cushion
Snot Rag's Theme
We Said TALLS!
Flamin' Eye
Who Was That Guy?
The Schnappster (reprise)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 19, 2004, 08:05:09 pm
I got a zillion of 'em.  Here is Lead Salad by the highly offensive hardcore band Jack's Smirking Revenge.  They're not quite as disgusting as the Meatmen, but they try.

1.  The Middle Children of History
2.  Destroying Something Beautiful
3.  Why the Ear?
4.  I'd Fight Gandhi
5.  Gasoline and Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
6.  The Ass or the Crotch
7.  Sticking Feathers Up Your Butt (Does Not Make You a Chicken)
8.  Asshole Tax
9.  Laid for the Last Time
10. I Want Brain Parasites
11. Bob Had Bitch Tits
12. First We Render Fat
13. Grande Latte Enema
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 19, 2004, 08:10:43 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I got a zillion of 'em.  Here is Lead Salad by the highly offensive hardcore band Jack's Smirking Revenge.  They're not quite as disgusting as the Meatmen, but they try.



Didn't Meatloaf sing on this one?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 19, 2004, 08:25:55 pm
Yeah, he was guest vocalist on track 11.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 19, 2004, 09:35:26 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Yeah, he was guest vocalist on track 11.

Man, we are the CLEVERIST mofos in the LAND OF CLEVER. :)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: CortJstr on February 19, 2004, 09:55:52 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
6.  The Ass or the Crotch


According to Miss Manners, the crotch. That way you can look the person in the face when you say "excuse me." Which means Tyler choose poorly.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: slink on February 19, 2004, 11:15:17 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
That way you can look the person in the face when you say "excuse me." Which means Tyler choose poorly.


Ah, but you see, I go with Tyler. Ass if it's a guy, crotch if a cute woman. You will notice he does it that way round, and gives a knowing look, when he passes the stewardess.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 19, 2004, 11:35:23 pm
Here's a heartfelt roots/blues album recorded in a basement outside Baton Rouge:

The Only Guilty Man - No Longer a Threat to Society

1. It Has No Memory
2. No Longer a Threat to Society
3. Tall Drink of Water
4. No Earthly Business Being There
5. Honey, Hush
6. I Haven't Got Her in My #####
7. Fuzzy Britches
8. Institutionalised
9. (That's Exactly) What They Take
10. It's a Miracle
11. Salvation Lies Within
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: slink on February 19, 2004, 11:54:05 pm
And that's just easy. Tall drink of water gives it away in seconds.
Otherwise it took me a mo.
I'd come up with another one but my brain is in lapse of some kind.

Yes. Shawshank Redemption
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: V-Adore on February 19, 2004, 11:54:44 pm
Okay, I'm just going to state the obvious Fight Club bit so I can actually post now. Whee!

That said, here's an album by a Minnesotan garage-rock band of vague, meedley Christian pretensions:

Farewell Ada, How To Succeed At Women Without Really Trying
1) Half-Price Night for Divorced Women
2) This Job Is Free
3) Givin' God More Thought
4) God At the Smorgasbord
5) Outta the Ground
6) 100 to 1 Against
7) You Can't Eat Good Times
8 ) Something In An Alligator
9) Hoss Says to Little Joe...
10) Bonanza Bullshit
11) A Moment's Attention For Me
12) I'm Praying Here (Can You Go Around?)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 20, 2004, 02:35:13 am
Quote from: "The Guy who thinks this movie ain't all that obscure"
Dudes!  I can't believe you've forgotten about HYDDYN SCEPTYRE's soundtrack album!  Rawk AWN!!!!

One Pussy Song
Massive Upper Body Strength
You Gack
The Schnappster
Ding
Ice Cube Tray/Lemonade
Under the Cushion
Snot Rag's Theme
We Said TALLS!
Flamin' Eye
Who Was That Guy?
The Schnappster (reprise)


C'mon, I'm hearing crickets here!  Nobody?

I think Frankie Avalon sang backup on Track 11.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 20, 2004, 02:52:36 am
How about another one.

This one was by Chill Monroe, the well known funk/acid/bluegrass trio.

1.  Recidivism
2.  A Rocky Place
3.  R.O.R.
4.  Way Homer
5.  Fine Cereal Flakes
6.  Biology and Other People's Opinions
7.  A Rocky Place
8.  Freeze or Get Down?
9.  Huggies
10.  You wanna find a Dunkin' Donuts?
11.  Warthog from Hell
12.  A Hard World for Small Things
13.  Surgeon General's Warning
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 20, 2004, 03:49:09 am
Well, Chill Monroe is Raising Arizona, I know that. Other than that...shit, man. I got nothing
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 20, 2004, 04:52:31 am
Carlos! Hit us with another!
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: St_Zartan on February 20, 2004, 05:02:42 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
This one was by Chill Monroe, the well known funk/acid/bluegrass trio.


This is a fine, fine disc that just gets better with every listen. I've got the Japan-only import with the bonus tracks "You Ate Sand" and "Talkin' 'Bout L'Amour".

Only mentioning this because the HYDDYN SCEPTYRE album completely fuck*ng escapes me. And it's not like I don't own three goddamned editions of the Trouser Press guide; was this like a cassette-only release that ended up in some 1986 cut-out bin alongside such luminaries as Frözen Ghöst and Ice Creme Sunday?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 20, 2004, 02:59:09 pm
Alrighty then.  
Buck Laughlin, Guess How Much I Can Bench Press.  Buck does goofy novelty songs with the help of his ventriloquist dummy.  Many of them sound dirty, but they aren't--that's pretty much his whole shtick.
1.  Wide Receiver on Your Football Team
2.  Fast Dog
3.  Head Caught in the Gargoyle's Mouth
4.  Like They're Spring-Loaded
5.  Down for a Queen
6.  I Know a Man Who Has a Van
7.  Hot Candle Wax on My Private Parts
8.  He's Got Two Left Feet
9.  Rhapsody Has Two Mommies
10. Naming Nuts
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 20, 2004, 05:55:48 pm
Best In Show?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 20, 2004, 06:26:09 pm
You are correct, oh funkmaster.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 20, 2004, 08:07:07 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Only mentioning this because the HYDDYN SCEPTYRE album completely fuck*ng escapes me. And it's not like I don't own three goddamned editions of the Trouser Press guide; was this like a cassette-only release that ended up in some 1986 cut-out bin alongside such luminaries as Frözen Ghöst and Ice Creme Sunday?


OK, FINE!  It's been 24 hours.  Obviously I'm the only one who enjoys lowbrow movies like this. (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0111293/)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jough on February 20, 2004, 08:21:35 pm
Obviously.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on February 20, 2004, 09:04:55 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Only mentioning this because the HYDDYN SCEPTYRE album completely fuck*ng escapes me. And it's not like I don't own three goddamned editions of the Trouser Press guide; was this like a cassette-only release that ended up in some 1986 cut-out bin alongside such luminaries as Frözen Ghöst and Ice Creme Sunday?


OK, FINE!  It's been 24 hours.  Obviously I'm the only one who enjoys lowbrow movies like this. (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0111293/)


Ah, no one got mine either (it was O Lucky Man!). Let's go somewhere and be obscure together...
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2004, 02:54:59 am
Jesus! I couldn't do one of those for movies I've seen 5 times. I might be able to put together Casablanca or maybe Caddyshack. I'd need resources to do anything else. And I've never even heard of those last two movies, much less seen them.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 21, 2004, 03:56:28 am
Yeah, part of the point of this game is not to outwit the rest of us with your knowledge of obscure films, but to have fun with each other - by using movies most of us probably have seen.

So, it's not like I'm gonna delete posts (24 hours after the fact or not) but let's pull it in, here, people.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jough on February 21, 2004, 04:30:55 am
Animal Disease Research Center: First Principles

It's an electronic band that's known for its cold, strict beats, smart lyrics, and soul-penetrating insights into modern music.

1. He Covets
2. Clever Girl
3. Some Kinda Vampire
4. Poor White Trash
5. Tedious Sticky Fumblings
6. Quid Pro Quo
7. Love Your Suit
8. Say We're In Love
9. Fly Fly Fly
10. They Wouldn't Run
11. Some Length of Bone
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: slink on February 21, 2004, 05:31:19 am
I'm sure I've seen it. So sure, but I have no damn idea what it is.

The Bowmore may not help.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Limmo on February 21, 2004, 06:58:50 am
The Silence of the Lambs.  I'll have to celebrate with lamb chops, rare.

Alright, this guy's all hushed and pensive and uses lots of cellos.

The Baumer: Read It Back To Me, Pietro

1. Nakedness Tonight
2. Helen Scott
3. Why Does He Get To Do That?
4. What About Baxter?
5. Cote d'Ivoire
6. Did You Just Call Me Coltrane?
7. Let's Shag Ass
8. Go, Mordecai!
9. Just Kids In Costumes
10. Goodnight, Everyone
11. Wildcat....Rrrrowr...
12. Genius Isn't a Word I Use Lightly
13. She Smokes
14. Destroyed Sinking Battleship
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 21, 2004, 07:23:28 am
The Royal Tenenbaums, al-THOUGH I be-LIEVE the 4th track is "What About Buckley?".
OfcourseImaybewrong.
Now, this next one is the only album by a Seattle speed-metal group that was intensely popular in Belgium for 3 minutes in 1997.
"Raggedy Man"- Pigkiller
1. No Matter Where You Go....
2. Feather Duster
3. Might Just Save Your Life
4. Mr. Dead
5. Want Justice
6. Methane
7. The World Turns
8. We Call It Underworld
9. Captain Walker (The Who cover)
10. Death Is Listening
11. The Waiting Ones
12. Pig Shit
13. What Happened to Two?
14. ...There You Are
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: wombat on February 21, 2004, 10:55:57 am
OK, is it, or is it not, fair to answer by searching the quotes on IMDB?

1 and 14 together are a quote are from Buckaroo Banzai but the rest didn't sound familiar, and indeed it turns out it is something else that I never saw, but I won't mention it because it might spoil someone else's pleasure in recognizing it without cheating.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 21, 2004, 03:07:35 pm
Haha, yeah, 1, 14 and 9 are actually quotes that were in other movies as well (hence the "Who cover"). I don't THINK it's a really obscure movie, but...maybe it IS. If you need to search IMDB, by all means. On a few of these ("Sling Blade", "Best in Show", "Raising Arizona"), one of the track names made me think of the movie and I used IMDB to check the other quotes.
IS THAT SO WRONG?
Oh, yeah, there was a non-album single that Pigkiller did that may help: "Two Men Enter, One Man Leave", which Belgian Gladiators 2000 picked up as their theme song.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: V-Adore on February 21, 2004, 07:16:17 pm
Oh, Bozack, can't we just move beyond Thunderdome?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Mite on February 21, 2004, 08:47:55 pm
V-Adore, you are my new hero. I've never gotten to use that line.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: V-Adore on February 21, 2004, 11:54:50 pm
Quote from: "Mite"
V-Adore, you are my new hero. I've never gotten to use that line.

Well, it's the kind of line you're only going to get about three opportunities to use in a lifetime. (More if people around you talk about Mad Max movies a lot.)
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 22, 2004, 03:10:47 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(More if people around you talk about Mad Max movies a lot.)

Haha, THEY DO. GOOD GOD THEY DO.
In my AP History Class last year, if I got an answer wrong, my friend Craig would shout, "BUST A DEAL, GET THE WHEEL! BUST A DEAL, GET THE WHEEL!"
Needless to say, we were not the guys who had tons of sex in high school.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 22, 2004, 09:20:05 am
Here's an urban fusion band: Hip-Hop and Bluegrass - The Headspinning Mumbly-Pegs. Their only album, "God of the East" sold 29 copies.

1. Pork Chop Express
2. Chinese Girl With Jade Green Eyes (Mao Yin's theme)
3. Chinese Standoff: Don't Make a Sound
4. 7 Feet Tall with Blue Light Coming Out of His Mouth
5.  Henry Swanson's My Name, Excitement's My Game
6. Chinese Got a Lot of Hells, Jack
7. Egg Shen Has a Plan
8. Six Demon Bag
9. What's in the Bag, Egg?
10. Black Blood of the Earth
11. Some Kind of Magic Potion
12. Wedding Brawl
13. It's All in the Reflexes
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: St_Zartan on February 22, 2004, 04:06:12 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Six Demon Bag


Oh hell yeah. Big Trouble in Li'l China.

Next up, a band that unsuccessfully attempted to mix late-60's swamp rock in the style of CCR with Tarkus-era ELP prog epics. This ambitious triple-LP can be found available for free download on the band's official Tripod-hosted web page, and in better thrift shops everywhere.

Presuming Ed: Never Mix Your Drinks

01. Look At Geoff Woade
02. McFuck
03. I Could Take Double Anything You Could
04. The Fuel And Wood Situation
05. On Holiday By Mistake
06. A Coward You Are
07. Who Fucks Arses?
08. The Finest Wines Available To Humanity
09. Eels Down Your Leg
10. Transfer Your Talents To The Meat
11. It Must Be By Burglary
12. Who's The Huge Spade In The Bath?
13. I'm Making Time
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 22, 2004, 04:48:03 pm
Wow, I was completely stumped and used my best friend the internet. I have never even HEARD of that movie. I'm pretty sure I'm going to rent it within the week, now.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: revdj on February 28, 2004, 04:54:11 pm
Dear God, I can't resist.

I know this one is obvious, but I love it so.

Chocolate Mint Electric Blender   by the Psychedlick Rhythm Jesters

(note: this has never been released on CD, although it is on Rhino's list)

SIDE ONE: PEACE AND LOVE

1) I like the Laurels
2) Your favorite Color
3) After the spankings - the oral ***
4) She's made of wood
5) No ordinary rabbit
6) Our sacred quest


SIDE TWO: WAR AND HATE

1) Mandate from the masses
2) He was not afraid to die
3) The violence inherent in the system
4) Distributing swords
5) Bring out your dead
6) The black beast
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 28, 2004, 06:16:12 pm
Well, yes, indeed, that must be Holy Grail (c.f. Monty Python).

Seems as though we've guessed all but one of those posted: PinkStainlessTail's post (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=13140#13140) of Vigorous Robusto: Chocolate Sandwich way back on page 1.

Here's one that's probably a little easy: an early pop/new-wave band out of Texas that really didn't get much airtime whatsoever.

The Bobs: Burn Down the Building

1 Jump to Conclusions
2 As Many as Four People
3 You'd Get Your Ass Kicked
4 Fifteen Minutes of Work
5 I Shouldn't Have to Change My Name
6 I Love Kung Fu
7 Turn it to Channel Three
8 (Hear Each Other) Through the Walls
9 Saying Something Like That
10 That'd be Great
11 Nothing

Really, even wombat should be able to guess this one.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: wombat on February 28, 2004, 07:38:05 pm
Dang, Wombat knew Holy Grail, but was too busy at work to be obsessively checking the messageboard today... The next one's not ringing any bells.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Bozack on February 28, 2004, 07:52:32 pm
Office Space.
Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on February 28, 2004, 08:19:21 pm
All right, so who's got PST's?

Carlos, do you have one lined up?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: jough on February 28, 2004, 09:24:34 pm
Hello, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.

Did you get the memo?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AugustWest on February 28, 2004, 10:40:45 pm
If you didn't get that one you have to go to Federal Prison.  Federal P.Y.I.T.A. Prison.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Limmo on February 28, 2004, 11:39:41 pm
What am I going to do with forty subscriptions to VIBE?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 29, 2004, 12:23:44 am
Office Space, ooh ooh ooh, I finally got one.

~Paul
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 29, 2004, 12:58:26 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
If you didn't get that one you have to go to Federal Prison.  Federal P.Y.I.T.A. Prison.


My favorite line from that movie: "Watch your cornhole.". Dietrich Bader is an underemployed goofy character actor. It must be tough to compete against the likes of Rob Schneider.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 01, 2004, 03:23:39 pm
I do have one more.  This one's harder, I think.

Claude Lacombe, Event Sociologique.  It's a late-70's electronic new agey thing, think Tangerine Dream.

1.  strangers in the neighborhood
2.  I just want to know that it's really happening
3.  the sun came out and sang to him
4.  that's a fraction
5.  reported missing in 1945
6.  they belong here more than we
7.  nerve gas
8.  toys!
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on March 01, 2004, 04:35:03 pm
I have a guess, in fact, though I'm not sure of its quality. Hence: faux spoilers:

[Empire of the Sun]

How'd I do?
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 01, 2004, 06:49:08 pm
Not well.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Limmo on March 01, 2004, 07:34:28 pm
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  You forgot the dance remix of "Who the Hell ARE You People?!?"

I'll see if I can come up with a list.

nope. i can't.  ball is in play for whoever wants it.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 01, 2004, 08:49:30 pm
Frikkin' awesome, indeed.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Choop on March 01, 2004, 11:29:23 pm
Aw, hell!
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: Limmo on March 02, 2004, 05:45:57 am
sorry.  rough weekend.  can't remember dialogue from any movies.  i started doing royal tenenbaums until i remembered that i already did that one.  too tired to capitalize letters, even.

and off to bed.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: conure on March 09, 2004, 04:01:37 pm
St Zartan: Withnail and I....and it's damn near the only one I'd have got! Track that didn't make the cut: Monty, You Terrible Cunt.
Title: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
Post by: St_Zartan on March 09, 2004, 06:35:58 pm
*ding*

Frankly, I'm surprised that no one else got it sooner. I thought that film was like required viewing for aspiring sophisticate-degenerates.