The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: slink on February 19, 2004, 03:37:50 am
-
It appears that Queens of the Stone Age are not what they once were.
I just watched the NME Awards and saw Josh doing a splendid acoustic version of No One Knows followed by some Eagles of Death Metal madness. I go to inform the good people at thefade.net and discover that Nick has left the band. Unwillingly it appears.
He wants to sort whatever this shit is, and can't reach Josh.
Now however hes posted that he's off to do his solo stuff instead.
That after Lanegan left to work on his solo stuff. Josh reckons that because of the mess of the last tour that he would rather stay friends with Nick than fuck it up over the band.
Argh so much speculation.
I just need to rant about it some, since I reckon they (Josh, Nick and Lanegan) made the finest trio in all of music... well, as far back as I can think.
But, Josh is a genious so he's not going to suck on his own, or whoever he ends up working with longer term. Or maybe they'll sort it out, and it's just rotation to keep things fresh. Maybe they fancied some press fun?
Dear me.
Shit.
-
I would like much better news than that today, because I just got back to work today. Please resubmit with better and happier news. Thank you in advance.
-
I would like much better news than that today, because I just got back to work today. Please resubmit with better and happier news. Thank you in advance.
Sorry. I'd kind of gotten used to there being no real QOTSA fans around here!
Glad I'm not the only one here to be severely put down by this news. And I find out in the same hour as one of my friends tells me he was admitted to hospital and another is possibly, maybe about to get dumped. Both my best friends no less.
Ugh.
-
Sorry. I'd kind of gotten used to there being no real QOTSA fans around here!
Hey, wait a minute, i'm a "real" QOTSA fan. However I'm not sure anyone is as rabidly in love with them as you. This is bad news, no doubt, but I don't think the worlds gonna come to an end. Look at the bright side, they will reuinte, it's inevitable because nothing they ever do will sell half as much as a QOTSA record and face it, what they've done so far ain't exactly made them rich. Lots of artist get stupid when their bank account is fat, but come to their senses when the royalty checks start gettin' thin. In the mean time look forward to more and diverse product from the individuals. They're pretty prolific anyway so now they'll probably put out so many albums you won't be able to afford them all.
It's probably a hoax anyway, those are pretty wacky guys, it's just like them.
~Paul
-
It's probably a hoax anyway, those are pretty wacky guys, it's just like them.
~Paul
Yea, that thought did dawn on me last night, my press sentence above. I just hope it is the case!
I keep trying to think along the lines of 'well at least we have this stuff here, and we can see what solo stuff' but at the same time, I was really looking forward to more by them together.
Well, nowt I can do. Except ignore it and go be helpful to my friends today instead.
-
Good luck with friend situations slink. Social groups that suddenly disintegrate into crisis centers are the pits.
-
I have their previous single on a mix at work and whenever people hear they always say, "they had another album?"
So while I'm not a real fan, I am at least aware they have more than one album so I'm a step up from the general public.
-
So while I'm not a real fan, I am at least aware they have more than one album so I'm a step up from the general public.
That is true.
I wish every one would check out their first album more, let alone Kyuss. But the first QOTSA album was serene. If Only and You Should Know are incredible tracks - vaguely Canned Heat/Velvets/Desert.
-
I don't know if every copy of their latest opus had it, but my copy had a DVD with it that is a pretty good time.
Edited only because I am an idiot (see below).
-
I don't know if every copy of there latest opus had it, but my copy had a DVD with it that is a pretty good time.
A lot of artists are providing these on the first pressing only. I know the lastest Foo album did so it'd be a safe bet that this is the case with QotSA.
-
Yeah, I was thinking that. I got both of them and, if you like these particular bands, they are pretty sweet.
-
I got both those too, although I thought the QOTSA one was far better in the respect that, well, it's better material (though One By One was so much better than their previous pop album) and it had No One Knows with Grohl drumming, played faster than on the record. It was just insane.
Damn you Paul!