The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2004, 05:41:44 am

Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2004, 05:41:44 am
It's really good.  I would make lots of comments, but I gotta get to bed.

Loved the package, loved the songs, loved the title.

One thing, you pointed out that several of the songs were cover versions, but didn't do so with the Van Morrison covering Bob Dylan.  Is there a reason for this?

~Paul
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: Bozack on February 19, 2004, 06:05:32 am
Ha, didnt have enough room to fit "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue- Van Morrison (Bob Dylan Cover)" on one line. I was wondering if anyone would notice that.
YOU, sir, GET A PRIZE!
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: andalucia on February 19, 2004, 12:40:08 pm
I've communicated this through PM, but I think it is time to be open about my all-consuming love for this(these) mix(es).  The combination of Philip Glass and Camper Van Beethoven threw me off at first, but it all works.  It's everything I love in the world crushed into a tiny ball of benevolent glowing light.

Man I'm weird in the morning.
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: jough on February 19, 2004, 05:02:25 pm
This 2-disc set is indeed rad, Bozak.

It reminds me that I have to get crackin' on mine.
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: andalucia on February 19, 2004, 08:42:38 pm
Really, jough?  There's still hope for a disk from you?  Whatever happened to that sex-inducing one, anyways.

And I enjoy the new sig, by the way.
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: jough on February 19, 2004, 11:09:35 pm
New?  I haven't changed it in months.
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: andalucia on February 20, 2004, 05:23:19 am
Umm... I enjoy your sig that I have just noticed because I am somewhat slow then.  Have it your way if you will.
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: jough on February 20, 2004, 05:26:58 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Umm... I enjoy your sig that I have just noticed because I am somewhat slow then.  Have it your way if you will.


I am happy you enjoy my sig and happier by your stilted grammar.

ENJOY THE SHOW
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: pmcd9 on February 29, 2004, 12:46:01 am
This mix really transports me.  It feels like the soundtrack to a movie i've never seen, but would like to.  One of those great 70's era NYC movies that really show the grime like Midnight Cowboy or Mean Streets.  The package is totally original and great also

~Paul
Title: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
Post by: pmcd9 on May 16, 2004, 06:23:51 am
I saw a movie preview tonight, can't remember which movie it was now, maybe The New Kate Hudson thing, or it might have been The Stepford Wives.  Anyway, they used Oliver's Army as the background music for the clip.

~Paul