The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jay-ell on February 20, 2004, 07:16:47 am

Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: jay-ell on February 20, 2004, 07:16:47 am
Woot!  First post!  

This one, I don't know.  Beef seems uncharactaristically mean here.  I mean, why not help a brotha out, 'stead a' leavin' him to watch Spongebob in his under-drawer?  It's Sex Limo, after all.  

Sex Limo sounds like what you get when you cross Strong Bad with Billy Idol.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: jough on February 20, 2004, 07:20:07 am
The top half is Thursday's Strip and the bottom half is Friday's.

Since Monday was a re-run, that's only three strips this week.

IS ONSTAD PREPARING FOR THE SUMMER OLYMPIC U.S. DRINKING TEAM AGAIN?
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on February 20, 2004, 08:05:56 am
I can understand Beef getting irritated -- it's Sex Limo, for god's sake, and it starts in six minutes!

Also, the thought that this is all okay because it's just a Sex Towncar instead of a Sex Limmo makes me strangely happy. It's perfect Ray logic.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: beetle on February 20, 2004, 10:14:11 am
I'm having a hard time figuring the last panel out.  Is ray muttering to himself, trying to figure the show out?  Or is he conversing with the theme song?  His posture makes him look like he's thinking hard.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: captainimpossibles on February 20, 2004, 12:36:49 pm
HE'S DRUNK
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: AugustWest on February 20, 2004, 03:12:40 pm
Ray's enjoyment of Spongebob is just further proof (like we needed any) that he does appreciate the finer things in life.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on February 20, 2004, 04:04:13 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ray's enjoyment of Spongebob is just further proof (like we needed any) that he does appreciate the finer things in life.


And that his parental controls are still stuck on TV-G
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: so-uncool on February 20, 2004, 06:37:59 pm
First time here!
I'm thinking, Ray looks so pensive, paw to chin. And he says it so matter-of-fact. "That is Spongebob's house".
I think Ray knows Spongebob. Maybe he'll tell a story about Spongebob!
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: Limmo on February 20, 2004, 06:59:30 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, the thought that this is all okay because it's just a Sex Towncar instead of a Sex Limmo makes me strangely happy. It's perfect Ray logic.


A Sex Limmo is always better than a Sex Towncar.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: Limmo on February 20, 2004, 07:49:25 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Bet you don't got the photos to prove it though...


Don't tempt me.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: The Bob Talbot on February 20, 2004, 11:17:25 pm
"Sex Towncar" makes me think of my grandparents gettin it on.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 20, 2004, 11:55:34 pm
Damn, The Bob, now you got me all horny and I'm still at work.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: clintd on February 21, 2004, 02:22:02 am
whoa there.
the last panel changed.
i liked it way better before.
damn.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on February 21, 2004, 02:44:03 am
Quote from: "clintd"
whoa there.
the last panel changed.
i liked it way better before.
damn.


I disagree. It was kind of ambiguous before and now it's pretty clear that he's drunk but jovial. Before he seemed a little angry.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2004, 02:57:53 am
I think I liked the other one better - I liked the idea of Ray really thinking about SBob, as opposed to just being hammered. Although the new one is pretty funny, too.

I am shocked - shocked! - that the Bob is here.
Title: Re: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: pmcd9 on February 21, 2004, 03:38:54 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
Woot!  First post!  

This one, I don't know.  Beef seems uncharactaristically mean here.  I mean, why not help a brotha out, 'stead a' leavin' him to watch Spongebob in his under-drawer?  It's Sex Limo, after all.


Beef is acting mean because Ray shamed him into burying his new shirt in the yard.

~Paul
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on February 21, 2004, 05:05:10 am
Yeah, I much prefer the original panel. It was a much subtler, more interesting gag -- and I liked the image of Ray just sitting there, grooving on the fact that the pineapple was SpongeBob's house.

(A drunk friend of mine almost got killed for singing the SpongeBob theme loudly in traffic. I have always associated it with amiable drunks.)
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: Bozack on February 21, 2004, 07:05:54 am
Did anyone else notice that, umm, DJ Beef has gotten kinda chubby lately?
HE'S GOT A GUT, MAN.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: G3K on February 21, 2004, 07:25:54 am
That's nothing.  I had a COTA bus (public transportation in Columbus, medium-shit) driver who sang the entire thing to me one morning.  It was surreal.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: clintd on February 21, 2004, 03:12:53 pm
OH GOD SO MANY CHANGES
WHY DO YOU CHANGE YET AGAIN A THIRD TIME.
at least its better than the second.
but due to my lack of any form of memory, i dont know if its the same as the first?
oh god.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on February 21, 2004, 07:14:54 pm
It appears to be a variation on the first -- sort of a mid-way point between the two. Not quite as good as the first, though.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: G3K on February 21, 2004, 07:22:18 pm
Does he read this board, or is he just really that insecure?  à la Beef?
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: jough on February 21, 2004, 07:53:08 pm
Probably a bit of both.

The first one was great - very matter-of-fact Ray. "That is Spongebob's Home".

I liked the second version where he was singing the song along (like every child does) "SPONGE BOB SQUARE #####"

The third one is kinda melancholy - which may have been what the 'stad had been going for all along.

So whatever.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: Flenker on February 21, 2004, 08:13:50 pm
what did the second one say???   I missed it, but I really liked the first one.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: jough on February 21, 2004, 08:17:47 pm
See above.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: jay-ell on February 21, 2004, 08:21:38 pm
I may be in the minority here, but I like the third ending best.  Really, it's the best of both worlds.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: G3K on February 21, 2004, 10:11:36 pm
#####?

#####?

P A N T S?

fuck?
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: wombat on February 22, 2004, 01:07:01 am
OK, fess up - which of us made the suicide threats to get the first version restored?
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: jough on February 22, 2004, 01:36:43 am
Eh, he's just fuck*ng around, now.

And I believe this is #4, not #1, as the first I think said "That pineapple is Sponge Bob's House" - but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's the best so far.

And why shouldn't he change it if he's not happy with it?  It'll be in the archives/books for posterity, but in our memories only for a weekend.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: clintd on February 22, 2004, 01:47:36 am
I AM CURRENTLY HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT ENDING

THANK YOU.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: clintd on February 22, 2004, 01:55:16 am
BETTER ENDING

EDIT by JOUGH [Oh godDAMMIT that is just too large of an image to include in this forum]
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: Choop on February 22, 2004, 06:50:40 am
This is the same exact line as the original ending; however, the original had Ray's right paw to his chin, in a contemplative manner.

I hope this settles any further continuity issues.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: slink on February 22, 2004, 07:24:13 am
I quite liked the contemplative mood of the original ending.
The second was just lame!
This one i'm happy with, but it's partially the sight of Ray with Martini's (probably).
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: clintd on February 22, 2004, 03:20:28 pm
the man bringin me down.
i thought this was a place of FREEDOM
EXPRESSION

DOWN WITH THE MAN.
EDITED ACHEWOOD COMICS FOR ALL

http://www.naturalanxiety.com/achewoodedit.gif
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on February 22, 2004, 05:57:06 pm
Oh, come on! Ray is clearly not wishing rage on Spongebob. Clearly he is in contemplation of his zen -- that, yes, the pineapple is Spongebob's house.
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: sailor on February 22, 2004, 08:03:03 pm
sorry, kids, but "Spongebob does" was the best ending, because it shows Ray's terrible drunken ennui.
Ray is drunk and sad, and is watching spongebob when he is drunk and sad, just like many of us have watched maybe what, Stargate SG-1 late at nite after getting home from being alone at the bar.

and that's what makes it funny!
Title: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 23, 2004, 04:33:21 am
Quote from: "clintd"
the man bringin me down.
i thought this was a place of FREEDOM
EXPRESSION

DOWN WITH THE MAN.
EDITED ACHEWOOD COMICS FOR ALL

http://www.naturalanxiety.com/achewoodedit.gif


As a courtesy to the actual artist, I would consider taking Onstad's name off the ripoff of his work. Just a thought.